• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
Why does my cat keep leading me to the same place

I just moved into a new house it used to be an assisted living home and my cat keeps leading me from one end of the house down the entire hallway to an old record player under a room that the land lord keeps her furniture in. And then he stands on the record player.

^hey wats up man!

Op: your cat is a natural mystic. I know that this property is new to you and your "kitty".
You got a swell pad Erasable!

Some update pics spliced in...
Here are some before/after growth shots to show from 2008-2010.
I've only recently gotten my setup to the necessary level so things are growing faster now.

Duncan coral
IMG_1106-1.jpg

051ced53-2.jpg

23E6F1B0-4000-4E98-A963-EF552393E0D0_zpsrk4hmp5x.jpg

War Favia
IMG_1109-1.jpg

9b1fcdbf-1.jpg

B7E562B8-95C7-4950-9B72-29B0868B33E9_zps5nmxfops.jpg

(...)

Full tank shot for size reference
3133AB54-83C2-47EF-A7F6-7DAD6EBDC376_zpsytjxfool.jpg

93FC07CA-EE4A-432A-9543-104DF3400B50_zpste7krb3s.jpg

And yes, that's the same Scopas tang, at least seven years old now...

:D

Last edited:
Maybe you could try moving the record player and see if she still is attracted to that part of the hallway or the record player. My cat usually only whines and leads me to do things like feed him when his bowl is empty or when he wants to go play outside. He is the type of cat that if he wants attention he will just hop up near me or meow and weave around my legs.

I'm surprised I've never posted in here before - I have a fresh water 71 liter tank quite nicely planted and well established as hat it a few years now. Have a few of the usual suspects, Barbs, Rainbows, Plecko, Gourami, Tetras and a few ghost fish.

I'll try and get some photos uploaded.

i finally got a good pic of my tank, freshwater, kind of not natural...

uc

and then again very natural, as it started as a jar of pond water and i've been complexifying and building the ecosystem since then. filtration is non-traumatic, doesn't harm plankton/meiofauna (sponge HOB and UG with powerhead). i collected the wood for a grape arbor, peeled it and let it rot out (not much) in another tank. lots of java fern and anubias tied to that. right now i have two corys, two kuhlie loaches, a few shrimp and lots of snails and such

Getting my dog back please help

hello, for anonymous reasons i will give fake names, recently i had a fight with my brother jake. he started the fight by choking me and in a fight or flight reaction i hit back and gave him minor injuries to the face. he then got a restraining order against me and has givin away my beloved dog to strangers..ive had this dog for 2 years and am depressed without him. just today me and my cousin went over to try and retrieve my dog and jake came out the front of his flat with a metal bar. swung and connected with my arm it might be broken im not sure. thats when we heard the news my dog had been givin away. so im asking for help if anyone has any knowledge of the police process' to maybe find a loop and get the dog back. the dog isn't micro chipped any I live in NSW. seeing as he attacked me im wondering if i should call the cops but i dont want to stoop so low as to call the cops on my own family..any help much appreciated.

Do you know the whereabouts of your dog? Can you not reasonably go and knock the door of the owner, explain the situation etc

If they are a friend of your brother etc - then call the police, you will already have a record going over the assault and probably again for breaking your restraining order (resulting in further injury).

How would he give the dog away though? You think he put something on craigslist? Could you get information from another family member or friend? Check social media, someone he knows MUST have your dog, right?

I honestly don't think the police are going to help much in regards to the dog though.. unless you know who has your dog. Maybe you can accuse them of stealing because it wasn't a legit "sale".

Call the police. Can't guarantee they'll be able to do anything tho. At the very least you can report that your brother assaulted you and potentially broke your arm unless you'd rather take matters into your own hands which I'll neither condemn nor condone.

If the vet records are in your name then the dog is yours and all you have to do is find the dog and your going to have to take your brother to court and the court will sort it out. The proof that the dog is yours is through the Vet records though they look at it as whoever paid for the care of the dog is the dogs owner also if you have adoption records or bill of sale that greatly helps. You also need to file a police report stating that he stole your dog and gave it away without your permission.

Impressive tank and video. I am curious what happened to the Oscar? I had an extremely aggressive one as a pet when I was younger. So aggressive he ended up breaking the tank and things didn't end well for him. I think my relationship with the fish was unique because I would hand feed him and taught him to leap out of the water like a trained dolphin.

miss you Ossie :(

Last edited: