• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
Fennec Fox every time. They're tameable and adorable.

fennec-fox-morocco_68263_990x742.jpg

A donkey is not very exotic but I want one so badly! As far as exotic, I would have to go with an elephant. And a llama.

I like the quokka.

But I would get a koala. They are the coolest!!!
Also a llama.

^ well that is probably the most adorable creature i've ever laid eyes upon.

i haven't given this much thought but a male impala comes to mind, cause the horns are bad ass.
tumblr_n4puw0oRvo1tw56nbo1_1280.jpg

those are for biltong or "jerky" exclusively :). i'd have a massive nile croc.

If I didn't live in an apartment I would definitely go with a big cat:
BigCatHug.jpg

But since my living space is quite small, I'll get an octopus. <3
i-9a29234f1ca8942cf8d61bbeeb3981d6-octopus_tank.jpg

That tiger pic is awesome. Check out the size of the paws on that thing. Could rip that guy to shreds in a matter of seconds if it wanted to...baby big cats are even cooler when they try and roar and it comes out like a squeak.

Velociraptor and a Sabre tooth tiger. I'll walk em both on a leash in the park and be the local badass.

Big cat for sure. I would love to have a cheetah. That would be fucking awesome.

Only thing is I don't believe in keeping such animals confined and forced to live a life so different from their natural habitat so it would have to be an animal that needed special care and couldn't survive on its own in the wild.

Big cat for sure. I would love to have a cheetah. That would be fucking awesome.

Only thing is I don't believe in keeping such animals confined and forced to live a life so different from their natural habitat so it would have to be an animal that needed special care and couldn't survive on its own in the wild.
Can't all animals survive on their own in the wild?

Tiger-Yawn-tigers-12314677-500-375.jpg

If we're aiming big - though I wouldn't want to keep it as a house pet, this is more like an ultimate dream though - basically I'd purchase a massive area of land and forest in some place like India, and I'd get an old mother tiger who's still raising a cub but too old to care for it much longer, then help the cub grow up on my own, it'd be a companion and a friend but never a "pet" that I owned, and it'd be able to roam freely throughout the many miles of land surrounding, with wild game for it to hunt and fantastic landscape for it to explore - it could come and go as it pleases, though I'd hope that it would make regular appearances to see me and I could drop some LSD and sit with my lovely tiger friend and chill, I've had a "subconscious" tiger guide me through my OEVs in a lot of my 2C-E trips so it seems fitting. I could never confine such a beautiful creature to a small home and take away its freedom though - and given that tigers are often hunted in India I'd also hire a team of guards to monitor the tiger via GPS tagging and patrol the location to keep out poachers, then open it as a sanctuary for people to come for a relaxing vacation and meet the wildlife, take some powerful psychedelics among nature, and meet my tiger buddy of course :D

Alternatively a Wolf in a similar situation, where the Wolf would be free to roam a massive section of land with its pack and I'd just help it grow up (and its fellow pack members) and get friendly with them and offer them a place of shelter and food whenever they choose to visit, along with ensuring that their enclave was protected from poachers and nasties.

Or if I ever went to live on the Sea I'd go hunting for an Octopus and study it and track it across the Ocean, following its journies and watching it grow and change, learning about it from a distance, maybe swimming with it. I'm much more of a fan of animal "friends" than animal "pets" :)

A more realistic one though would be one of the Russian domesticated foxes, which would be more of a regular pet:

genetically-tame-fox-1-344a982dceb0452cd3c1205e210fb4b7deb78536-s6-c30.jpg

Though I already have three wonderful dogs and an adorable cat so no more pets for me any time soon ;)