• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
This is my kitty. His name is Archer and he is a 5 month old Himalayan. He is learning to play fetch. He also likes to hang out with me while i'm showering and has fallen in a number of times. He loves to run into the bathroom and jump in the tub and just slide around everywhere. This is a picture of him after staying up too late reading BL:

archer4.jpg

He has some odd habits, for instance when he goes to drink out of his water dish he puts his right paw down, stands on all fours and scratches the floor as he proceeds to drink. I have no idea why he does this.

I'm not sure if this is normal but when he is feeling playful (90% of the time) he will make this burrerrerr sound before he attacks, which completely gives him away. Surprise attacks are not his thing. He also has an uncontrollable desire to bite ankles, kneecaps, elbows and knuckles. He enjoys jumping in the fridge and performing dangerous balancing acts. He was a rambunctious little kitten (had him since he was about 3 weeks old) and he shows no signs of slowing down. Hopefully he grows up into a nice kitty that doesn't just want to eat your hand when you pet him.

archer3.jpg

This is what he looks like now at 5 months, he often falls asleep like this.

archer2.jpg

I still miss Falcor so much it hurts my bones.

I had dental surgery yesterday and spent most of last night crying in pain and drugged up on strong painkillers, but last night i dreamed of falcor ALL NIGHT. A very simple dream - i remember laying in bed crying, and he jumped up on the bed next to me and cuddled into the nook of my arm - he was rolling on his bback so i could scratch his belly, making his little "mick mick" noises that he made when he was hungry, his little mini meow-like noises that he'd make when he wanted a pat or a scratch... it was so wonderful. Seeing him again for a whole dream (what felt like all night) was such a blessing.

It was like my brain new that whenever i'm in pain (physical or emotional), Falcor would make me feel better and so it brought him to me in my dreams. I would give anything to have him back with me again. OK, I'm ggoing to stop typing now because i'll start crying and it hurts my face to cry right now.

<3

265038_10150147428667511_679907510_7244681_178415_n.jpg

^last year I lost a kitty in almost the exact same way as you, but I only had him for 3 months. Took him to the vet thinking everything would be fine, found out there was nothing we could do and had to put him to sleep. It was awful, the rest of my kitties were hit by cars so I've dealt with this a lot. I am just happy I was there to be their friends and let them enjoy their life to the fullest. I'm sure you were great friends and your kitty had a great life, it helps me to think of all the good memories, which always outweigh the few bad ones. Sorry to hear about your loss, it's never easy.

my cat charlie jack is a sniffer cat he can find my stash even when i can not mint at mousing to just not so good at where he leaves the half eaten bodies . even tho wish he had been a bit better at finding my stash 6 weeks ago then i might not be answering bail tomorrow

he is now i my bad books the little shit has caught a mouse and let it loose in my kitchen somewhere so had the cooker out washing machine out looked behind the fridge fuck all but i know its in there somewhere nice one charlie :!

he is back in the good books now he found it

Last edited:
Questions for BLers with dogs:

This morning I noticed one (just one) of my dog's hind toes was raw, no hair. There is just bare skin. She's not limping and doesn't seem to be in a pain, but it's definitely worrying me. Has anyone else here dealt with this or know the reason behind it? Hope it's nothing serious. :(

Do you think she possibly has been getting at them because of flea's? I have seen my dogs do this when they are in need of a bath... chewing away at their toes.

I am amazed at how supportive and loving my dogs are with me since I have fallen pregnant. They knew from the very beginning when i first fell pregnant. Apparently it's common, but i am still very astounded. It's like they have to be with me as much as possible, if they could - at all times. My hubby is starting to feel a little left out =D

But yeah, i love my dogs. They rock! :)

My four dogs get me to the beach every Sunday Morning for a swim and chasing tennis balls . In the backyard the Italian Greyhound has learned to catch a frisbee , the yorkie chases the Lab and our mutt just runs around looking for Anole Lizards . Our 14 cats are fun to watch, one loves to un-roll the toilet paper they all like chasing the lazer light . So all & all they keep me moving but it does get expensive with the food - litter - vets bills -shots -licenses , treats .

I am amazed at how supportive and loving my dogs are with me since I have fallen pregnant. They knew from the very beginning when i first fell pregnant. Apparently it's common, but i am still very astounded. It's like they have to be with me as much as possible, if they could - at all times. My hubby is starting to feel a little left out =D

But yeah, i love my dogs. They rock! :)

For some reason I find that phrase hilarious. Like falling ill or catching strep throat "oh no I fell ill with a small child growing inside me."

I am going to go look at a puppy tomorrow. It will be a toss up between these two girls.

twogirls.jpg

This is the special thing Sweetpea does. She's very talented.

NSFW:
PICT0523.JPG

I am infected with baby.

When I was pregnant my friends would always refer to it as my parasite. LOL I thought it was funny cuz it is actually true.

If your pet was dying, could you personally pull the trigger?

If your pet was in pain and slowly dying from old age or illness, could you personally pull the trigger on a gun and put a bullet in its head to end its suffering?

(If you don't know how to use a gun, assume you do.)

A neighbor of mine had a little dog (Abbey) that she took everywhere. The other day, she didn't have Abbey with her and I inquired as to where she was. She replied that Abbey had become ill and was in obvious pain, so she took her to the farm and shot her.

A friend of the family had a dog that was getting old. He would take the dog for walks in the woods on the property quite frequently. One day, he decided that the dog had to be put down, so he brought a gun along for the walk and shot the dog.

I could never shoot my dog. No matter how much she was suffering. When/If the time comes for her to be put down, she will either be taken to the vet or the vet will be brought here.

I could pull the trigger, no doubt there. But since it is illegal in my country to do so I would never do that. Besides, I think it is not the way to go for any pet that is dying of old age; just take 'em to the vet and have the chance to say goodbye. (It's of course different in some cases, like a horse with a broken leg for instance)

When I grew up that is how my father got rid of the sick animals on the farm. That is just how it was done out on the farm.

Me, I say that is what vets are for. I could never do it. Although, I have had to kill some animals but they were not my pets.

if my dog was in absolute agony and suffering then i know it would be the right thing to do, i dunno say a lorry had rolled over on our walk and crushed him and he had no chance of survival. But i dont own a gun . Arghh its a sick thought now :!

Have you read that story, Of mice and Men by any chance?