• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
^That's just personality differences I think, cats are indeed super killers but they still have personalities like people, dogs, and pretty much every other animal does...just like n3o already mentioned...

I'm with ektamine, if the spray stuff doesn't work, go with kitty RCs :)

The funny thing about cats, is well, they're funny! My cat would always be very wide eyed, and awkwardly twitchy.

Roland:
6820_598692004534_27301716_34982777_6077961_n.jpg

Jäger (L) & Stoli (R)
20547_617038602804_27301716_35603765_6162691_n.jpg

i wuv bassets! i have fred my 6 yr old hound awesome!

yes shots as a kid cats deathly allergic to..not dogs so much. i have a basset hound and they have oily skin which keeps dander away....the dander from skin is the trigger not hair..that holds it

Yay! for this thread comin' back! :)
I'll have photos of my baby girl up soon!!

Scaredy cat imo

My cat is pretty fearless as long as thunder or water isn't involved.

I have to say it is pretty funny when my cats all get scaredy at the same time, because they set each other off and freak out even more.
The most likely situation when it happens is when I've been sitting at the computer for ages, not talking or playing music, so it's all really quiet in the house. Then I'll suddenly get up and the sound of the chair legs scraping on the wooden floor causes all 3 of my kitties to jump about 4 feet in the air and scamper in all directions =D
It happened last night. It was fucking hilarious :D

One of my cats is like this, but not quite so extreme. But she is really flighty. If someone other than me or my partner comes in the house, even if its our friends or relatives who come over often, Sushi (the cat) bolts down the hallway and hides under our bed for about 3 hours.
If there is a sudden loud noise, either inside or outside, she literally flips out (you know how cats jump and do that flippy thing =D) and again, runs down the hallway and hides under our bed.
I've had her since she was 5 days old (I was a vet nurse and hand-raised her) so I know that she has never been abused or anything like that. She's just naturally nervous.

I think some cats are just like that man. It's like humans, some of us are just naturally really anxious and hate surprises and loud noises etc. Some animals are the same. If he hasn't even been abused or anything, then it just sounds like he's naturally a nervous cat. Have you owned them since they were kittens?

If it's not causing him, your other cat or you any significant problems, then it's probably not worth worrying about.
However if he is really distressed when a loud noise occurs, e.g. if he hypersalivates and/or pants (heavy-breathing with his tongue out), or if he goes off his food for a couple of days at a time etc, this indicates he is seriously anxious and you need to do something about it. In which case, see your vet :)

It's called Feliway (unless they have a different product in the US?)
It's extremely effective, but very expensive. Therefore you should only bother with it if your cat's anxiety is causing MAJOR problems in the household, or if its quality of life is significantly compromised by its anxiety....or if you just have the spare money lying around to pay for the diffuser and refills ;)

*edit* Oh I just saw that you found the answer already :D
Carry on... :)

NT, your whole post is completely awesome and spot-on :)

It's a good point you make about the skinny cats being the flighty ones and the fatties being more laid-back.
Again, think of humans. A lot of the anxious/nervous people we know tend to be skinny, and those of us who are on the larger side are often more happy-go-lucky/relaxed.
Animals are the same.
Hell, we ARE animals so that makes sense right! :D
hurraaaa for sushi's, mines is prego right now and is pretty moody :)

My baby Pug Mr T.

photo1.jpg

Sleeping on my chest; I was sick and he cuddled me better. Naw

photo.jpg

He was pondering life's mysteries.

a twofer:

on the left, my basset girl, madison, who passed away last saturday, and on the right, my friend's bullmastiff girl, tune. tune is now 2.5 years old now. <3

34986_656215002984_27301716_36853188_3376475_n.jpg

i love bassets sorry to hear bout madison..my fred is 7 and too cool!

Attachments

• bassethound008.jpg
    bassethound008.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 68
my basset hound fred understands english. i was going to teach him to give me kisses...so i just said fred give me kisses. and damn if he didnt jump up and lick my face! each time i say it he does it! never had to teach him . i got him at 6 weeks so no one else did it so how did he know?

Neko, Sasha, and Albert, are all doing so well. Sasha and Albert are bio-brothers/littermates aged 3 now! Neko is aged 11 and has adopted his brothers so well.

My cats are special to me because of their individual personalities. Sasha is my strawberry (he is a ginger), Albert is my silver dude with white socks, and Neko is my Siamese trooper. They all kick the dry food around. That's even cute.

I love my little boys.

I am building my dog training website and looking for some pictures of doggies. If you are interested in making your pooch a star on my site please send email them to me at [email protected] along with something int there stating that you are allowing me to use the image. Thanks

I am building my dog training website and looking for some pictures of doggies. If you are interested in making your pooch a star on my site please send email them to me at [email protected] along with something int there stating that you are allowing me to use the image. Thanks