• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
A: Hi everyone, I just had my leg removed at the shin, and it is really painful.
I came for a little support.

B: That's nothing, man! If you haven't had your leg cut off at the hip, and your hands and nose cut off at the same time, with a rusty old saw, it's just not pain! You don't even know what pain is! In fact, I think you are exaggerating, or lying.

Damn man I never directly called the OP a liar... I have no doubt there are withdrawal symptoms and he could be experiencing something I never had with cannabis withdrawal. I said I thought the op was exaggerating the withdrawal symptoms...overstating them.

Pretty bold of you to say that, with so little firsthand knowledge of the OP or his/her particular situation.

A little research on cannabis withdrawal reveals that there is a lot of individual variation in how it affects people and how intensely. Some people barely feel anything, and others really suffer deeply. I happen to be of the latter type, and others have similarly disrespected my suffering through cannabis withdrawal, so I have a little bit of a personal grudge here.

But let me ask you a question:

Why would the OP want to do that?

Let's exaggerate our symptoms and try to go get some sympathy and compassion for imaginary or overstated symptoms, shall we?

Sounds like a good use of time and energy.

in what way at all does cannabis affect dopamine?

its not meth, mate

Dopaminergic neurons don't have CB1 receptors, but are inhibited by GABAergic neurons that do. Dampened inhibition of dopaminergic neurons releases dopamine.

I think the counterpoint is, "I don't believe cannabis withdrawl exists, and if it does it has no worse symptoms than say television withdrawls or withdrawl from not masturbating, etc etc" we all enjoy our habits but physical withdrawl is a different thing.

not Heroin withdrawl is much worse therefor you don't know pain.

I fall in between categories, been there done that, its tough to sleep for awhile I guess you could call it slight discomfort? . . . But who knows maybe I was just lucky, and I definitely didnt have no 35 years of daily use...my experience is anectdotal.

I have never even heard an anectdotal experience of someone using anything physically addictive every day for 8 years than stopping and not experiencing withdrawl.....So what about all the people who vouch theyve done it and not experienced w/d?.

Its a toss up in my book.

Idk at any rate best luck to the OP.

why are people comparing cannabis w/d with heroin. anyways, Sometimes I stop for a couple days and I do notice my withdrawals, but that's just because hashish and been part of my daily life for a couple years now. just like my morning cup of joe.

This is the most ignorant attitude possible. Because someone's experiences aren't the same as yours, you're calling them a liar?

There are aspects of cannabinoid withdrawal which are the same as opioid withdrawal; when your CB1 receptors are downregulated and your endogenous cannabinoid production has been nearly halted, the results of CB1 agonism which indirectly lead to mu opioid agonism are halted during cannabinoid withdrawal. CB1 and mu opioid receptor proteins are physically colocated, and allosteric binding with one site causes a physical reaction with the other receptor simultaneously. The cannabinoid and opioid systems are intimately connected and withdrawal symptoms are shared because withdrawing from cannabis is also simultaneously causing an endogenous mu opioid agonism deficiency. CB1 agonism mediates endogenous opioid production.

http://www.ionchannels.org/showabstract.php?pmid=16806307
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18697546
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121442831/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1572728
http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/abstract/21/14/5344
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576059/
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0014-2999(99)00479-3

Check out some research for yourself. Cannabinoid withdrawal is opioid withdrawal.

Very, very, very nice post.

It pisses me off so goddamn much that every time someone posts a thread about cannabis withdrawal, a bunch of people come along spouting verbal diarrhea about how cannabis withdrawal isn't as bad as benzo withdrawal or opiate withdrawal.

Roger, I respect you cause your posts are always on point and intelligently written, but it does piss me off when these pop up on the regular.
The OP also directly compared weed "withdrawals" to opiate withdrawal which we both know is just plain silly 8)

It just seems a bit troll to me.

If the OP really does feel it is close to opiate withdrawal, don't you think there are better options than CD? TDS, for instance, would seem more appropriate for someone struggling with addiction and withdrawals rivaling opiates.

The post in general screams troll or strung-out typing. Could be just my pessimistic intuition, though.

screwed up and took one hit of cannabis over the weekend. Didn't really enjoy it that much :/

oh well still going good for the most part. Don't really think about it that often actually

just don't keep it around/try and avoid ur friends regular smoke sessions. take a bunch of vitamins and make sure you keep eating regularily (wont have the munchies to get ya anymore ha) but if it's not around, and u don't have a million things to make you think of weed sittin around i think ur good :)

^^^

Yeah I am pretty healthy and take vitamins every day plus exercise about 5 to 6 days a week. Not killing myself over it or anything.

I just decided I'm gonna take a break from weed until the end of this semester after I finish the couple bowls worth I have left from the bag I bought yesterday. I've been feeling really depressed lately and I've been on prozac for a couple weeks. I've sorta started to realize the root of my depression is just the feeling of not being satisfied with my life. I think I just need a break from weed to allow myself to take more control of my life. Being high has been a quick fix for boredom for me. I get very anxious when I'm bored but once I smoke, I'm content with doing nothing. But I know I would be truly happier with myself If I accomplished more and didn't let being high hold me back so much. I think a little break from the green is just what I need to take a bit more control over my life. And when I get back to smoking I just need to remember what my friend always says, "Smoke the weed, don't let the weed smoke you."

I feel for you guys having to make a tough choice. Hopefully you find something to ease your withdrawals. I am not an expert and can only speak from my friends experience. Some people may be thinking of kratom because it works for opiate withdrawals. Kratom works great but has many side effects on top of being addicting itself. I don't recommend it.

Fresh good quality kava is the perfect weed substitute. Even if you give in and smoke weed I guarantee you will get high on a lot less weed. The key is the quality of kava. Stay away from extracts and buy fresh root. If your dissapointed, you got bad kava.

In your opinion, how do you know when its time to take a break?

The first break I took was because I realized that I did nothing but smoke weed and I didn't enjoy living life stoned 24/7.

^At first I decided to stop smoking daily after years of doing so because I couldn't keep buying large amounts of pot as it was a large chunk of my income. Also I just firgured "Fuck I haven't been completely sober for longer than a week in a couple of years." . It sucked in the beginning but its been 7 months now and I only smoke ocassionally now. Who knows what the future will bring in terms of smoking but I doubt i'll be getting stoned all day everyday anymore.

So midterms and paper due dates are coming up.

I can almost smell the dank leaving my room now.

ended up buying a bag. Will continue the quit after this. I'm just not enjoying it all that much. Smoking joints to get rid of it quicker.

I have basically just realized the situations have to be perfect for me to enjoy it. I can really only use it when I'm traveling or away for the weekend. I do not like just sitting at home backed.

However, I think this will change when I go to grad school in the fall. Its going to be interesting to be around the college atmosphere at the end of my 20s now.

I smoked for 5 years. and then decided to quit and get clean for the Military drug test.
took 90 days to get my piss clean. crazy long. I am 6 foot 150lb. skinny not much fat to store THC but yet it took that long. I tried detox pills and a detox drink and they didnt work at all. I had to wait...and wait....
Tolerance is what really sucked towards the end of when I was smoking. I would go thru an 8th in 2 days. It was horrible, every dollar I had went to pot.
To finally quit I had to get rid of all my paraphernalia. That really helped, not seeing a bong around all the time. Deleted phone numbers and kept myself busy. It was so hard but its been worth it.

I cant wait til the day I take a bong rip again. It will be like the first time I ever smoked a bong; passed out in a church bathroom on the floor :)
Damn I LOVE WEED... enough to know that it will always be their no matter how long I wait.

Okay coolio...cannabis withdrawals are the same as heroin withdrawals...yeah people are just pussies about heroin withdrawal. righttt..damn i hope I dont run out of weed tonight...i'mm gonna be soooooo fucking sick and not be able to do shit..

do you realize what your saying? i'm just gonna take a wild guess...you've never been through opiate withdrawals. it's obvious becuase if you have you wouldnt say this. try doing heroin for 2 weeks straight and stopping ct and vs cannabis for 2 years straight and stopping ct. tell me which is worse

how is cannabis similar to suboxone what the fuck are you talking about seriously?

Yeah next time im withdrawing off dope let me go buy 5 grams of honey hash oil (thousands of doses according to you) and eat them..yeah thats pheasible..

dude i dont know what science book you read but if you are throwing up dope sick no amount of weed is going to get you off e. If weed really helped like you said, people would stock up on a shit load of weed to get through withdrawals. Do you know some secret none of us in other drugs know? I would rather have 3 bottle of loperamide then a half o of weed if i had to withdraw lol or kratum or poppy seed tea, anything but fuck weed aint gonna do shit. why do you think suboxone and methadone are so popular?

im sorry man if you want to convince me weed withdrawal is the same shit as heroin withdrawal...thats just fucking dumb, how many people do you see stealing shit and mugging people so they can get their next fix of weed becuase they are withdrawin so bad..lol i mean damn it's not rocketscience

i don't even see how you could beleive your end of the argument lol

Ok' I shall say this just once more'

Weed withdrawal for me' after 3-4 days' leaves me freezing cold goosed and sweeting' aggitated to fuck and angry as sin'

Heroin withdrawal for me' after the first 3 days for pain and serious aggitations' cramps' etc' leaves me cold' goosed' depressed' and exhausted for the best part of 2 weeks'

Weed withdrawal leaves me cold' goosed' sweating and aggitated'

Heroin withdrawal after the first 3 days' leaves me cold' goosed with a profound inability to sleep' pluse depressed'

Cannabis regualtes body temperature and also has a sedating effect'
My psychi takes off and my body rushes cold and goosed with indpiration chills'

How is this different from "Dope" the withdrawal effect is due to something a bout the dopamine reward cascade being fucked up' cos the brain is used to being flooded with dope all the time'
No dope' the brain gets over active' and the body has an inability to regulate body temperature'

N' I found a way of killing some of the withdrawal sysmptoms'

Work out real hard weight training and running for at least 1 hour a day!
You are so fucked as of when you have eaten and soaked in the bath' you fall asleep' then hot bath in the morning and go running'

This burns out the excess of whatever your brain is over running on'

The body comes back in 10 days' leaving some residual aggitations and anxieties'
I only blow 2 one papers a day now! And am feeling pretty fit'

Still got the sweats from slight anxiety' but working out hard is the key!

Bliss!

Blackeye +

Status
Not open for further replies.