• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any luck with waiting to smoke at night??

My problem is that I smoke 2 or 3 times throughout the day, which makes it really tempting to skip class and procrastinate on homework, which is usually exactly what happens :/ I want to just wait and get all my shit done each day before I toke but I never have enough self control!!

I think it's obvious that cannabis withdrawal doesn't even touch benzo and opiate withdrawal with a 10 foot pole. The OP was comparing cannabis wwithdrawal to opiate and benzo withdrawal which is why you get these kind of responses.

now with that said there definitely are wtihdrawal symptoms, and I can't say I have smoked for 35 years straight, but based upon the symptoms I feel when I cease cannabis use, and I am a very heavy smoker, I feel like the OP is exaggerating the withdrawal symptoms.

^Who cares man?

The dude is distressed, and that's the only issue here. What kind of asshole goes around telling distressed people that they're silly for feeling the way they do because there are other people out there who feel even more distressed?

It pisses me off so goddamn much that every time someone posts a thread about cannabis withdrawal, a bunch of people come along spouting verbal diarrhea about how cannabis withdrawal isn't as bad as benzo withdrawal or opiate withdrawal.

No shit, bro-- of course its not as bad as benzo or opiate withdrawal, I've done those both and they're excessively intolerable beyond what any human being should EVER have to experience-- that's not even relative to the OP's problem at all though. That's a whole 'nother issue entirely that has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is reporting that his body is not functioning correctly when he doesn't consume cannabinoids, that is a completely valid concern and it deserves a compassionate response.

Furthermore, its pompous to make an assertion like "even the heaviest use of cannabis and cannabinoids would pale in comparison with the most minor effects of even, hell, a light pod habit" when the OP is reporting that his symptoms make him as subjectively uncomfortable as mild opiate withdrawal would make him feel. That is no different than telling the OP he is lying, and his feelings of distress are invalid. That's bullshit man, if the guys doesn't feel well then that should be all that matters in this discussion.

35 years of constant cannabis use is certainly capable of producing painful and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. The number of physiological processes regulated through the endocannabinoid system is staggering; when a person consumes exogenous cannabinoids for an extended period of time, it will cause them to cease production of endogenous cannabinoids-- thus when the user stops consuming cannabis, many important physiological processes cannot be properly regulated. Its just basic physiology and common sense: cannabis can be physically addictive just like any other substance that substitutes for endogenous compounds.

Additionally, cannabis use down-regulates CB1 receptors which subsequently causes your endogenous cannabinoids to be less effective (they are much weaker agonists than the cannabinoids present in cannabis).

the best way is to not bring any weed with you

Guys I fucked up .

After returning back to school after spring break my bordem cravings set In and cannabis got the better of me after not touching it for around 9 days !

I finally found out why I smoked weed . It's not because I'm addicted or that I hate my life so I try and escape ..... It's simply because I'm bored as fuck ,

at my school we have a 20min break between each period and I simply can't stand just standing around like most others waiting for the next class. Instead I go out to smoke to combat the bordem...

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop these bordem marijuana cravings ????!!!

Help please

now with that said there definitely are wtihdrawal symptoms, and I can't say I have smoked for 35 years straight, but based upon the symptoms I feel when I cease cannabis use, and I am a very heavy smoker, I feel like the OP is exaggerating the withdrawal symptoms.

This is the most ignorant attitude possible. Because someone's experiences aren't the same as yours, you're calling them a liar?

There are aspects of cannabinoid withdrawal which are the same as opioid withdrawal; when your CB1 receptors are downregulated and your endogenous cannabinoid production has been nearly halted, the results of CB1 agonism which indirectly lead to mu opioid agonism are halted during cannabinoid withdrawal. CB1 and mu opioid receptor proteins are physically colocated, and allosteric binding with one site causes a physical reaction with the other receptor simultaneously. The cannabinoid and opioid systems are intimately connected and withdrawal symptoms are shared because withdrawing from cannabis is also simultaneously causing an endogenous mu opioid agonism deficiency. CB1 agonism mediates endogenous opioid production.

http://www.ionchannels.org/showabstract.php?pmid=16806307
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18697546
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121442831/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1572728
http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/abstract/21/14/5344
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576059/
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0014-2999(99)00479-3

Check out some research for yourself. Cannabinoid withdrawal is opioid withdrawal.

i have to quit b/c of probation.
ive been smoking for over 5 years and i may just quit for good

i am quitting...once again...todays my first sober day...but it doesnt count until i get to tomorrow

Damn man I never directly called the OP a liar... I have no doubt there are withdrawal symptoms and he could be experiencing something I never had with cannabis withdrawal. I said I thought the op was exaggerating the withdrawal symptoms...overstating them.

You know when you are in withdrawals they seem like the worst they've ever been for you, then when you look back your lke damn that wasn't so bad.

I am sorry but even if cannaboid withdrawal IS opiate withdrawal (according to you) the severity of symptoms of cannabis witdhrawal are nowhere near opiate withdrawal. Go on the other drugs forum and read about withdrawal, then go on the cannabis forum and read the practically non existant amount of posts in comparison. Also, I didn't read your links but if cannabis has such a close relation to opiates and it IS opiate withdrawal, why does weed not have any effect when your in opiate withdrawals. Aside from getting yoru mind off it, it doesnt do shit, it doesnt alleviate symptoms or act as any kind of opiate

I'm not trying to belittle anyone saying "oh what your feelign isnt SHIT"..im sure the feeling is very real (I just have not experienced it throughout my extensive usage of cannabis). But come on...heroiin withdrawals? I am sorry but no

Have you ever heard of someone going to a detox for weed? Becuase they couldn't handle the severity of the symptoms and needed medical attention? I sure havn't. I doubt too many people admit them self to the er becuase of they start going through weed withdrawals

Last edited:
Damn man I never directly called the OP a liar... I have no doubt there are withdrawal symptoms and he could be experiencing something I never had with cannabis withdrawal. I said I thought the op was exaggerating the withdrawal symptoms...overstating them.

How is that not a LIE? You don't have very high standards if you don't think someone overstating something makes them a liar.

Also, I didn't read your links but if cannabis has such a close relation to opiates and it IS opiate withdrawal, why does weed not have any effect when your in opiate withdrawals. Aside from getting yoru mind off it, it doesnt do shit, it doesnt alleviate symptoms or act as any kind of opiate

Uh. Yes it does. Ask anyone in Other Drugs who has smoked copious amounts of pot during their withdrawal - it alleviates many symptoms. The main reason is that cannabis contains dozens of cannabinoids, most of which are antagonists, partial agonists, or inverse agonists at the CB1 receptor. It's a pretty weak drug overall, the more you smoke the more you cancel out the effects of THC/CBD with all these other drugs in it. And you can't really ingest all that much smoking it. Try eating 5 grams of honey hash oil (thousands of normal recreational doses) at once if you want to try to alleviate opioid withdrawal, not smoking a few bowls of flowers.

Cannabis is similar to Suboxone in some ways...

I'm not trying to belittle anyone saying "oh what your feelign isnt SHIT"..im sure the feeling is very real (I just have not experienced it throughout my extensive usage of cannabis). But come on...heroiin withdrawals? I am sorry but no

Have you ever heard of someone going to a detox for weed? Becuase they couldn't handle the severity of the symptoms and needed medical attention? I sure havn't. I doubt too many people admit them self to the er becuase of they start going through weed withdrawals

People don't need medical attention for opioid withdrawal either. They're just pussies about it.

Okay coolio...cannabis withdrawals are the same as heroin withdrawals...yeah people are just pussies about heroin withdrawal. righttt..damn i hope I dont run out of weed tonight...i'mm gonna be soooooo fucking sick and not be able to do shit..

do you realize what your saying? i'm just gonna take a wild guess...you've never been through opiate withdrawals. it's obvious becuase if you have you wouldnt say this. try doing heroin for 2 weeks straight and stopping ct and vs cannabis for 2 years straight and stopping ct. tell me which is worse

how is cannabis similar to suboxone what the fuck are you talking about seriously?

Yeah next time im withdrawing off dope let me go buy 5 grams of honey hash oil (thousands of doses according to you) and eat them..yeah thats pheasible..

dude i dont know what science book you read but if you are throwing up dope sick no amount of weed is going to get you off e. If weed really helped like you said, people would stock up on a shit load of weed to get through withdrawals. Do you know some secret none of us in other drugs know? I would rather have 3 bottle of loperamide then a half o of weed if i had to withdraw lol or kratum or poppy seed tea, anything but fuck weed aint gonna do shit. why do you think suboxone and methadone are so popular?

im sorry man if you want to convince me weed withdrawal is the same shit as heroin withdrawal...thats just fucking dumb, how many people do you see stealing shit and mugging people so they can get their next fix of weed becuase they are withdrawin so bad..lol i mean damn it's not rocketscience

i don't even see how you could beleive your end of the argument lol

Last edited:
Ok
do you realize what your saying? i'm just gonna take a wild guess...you've never been through opiate withdrawals. it's obvious becuase if you have you wouldnt say this.

For the same reason that you claim to have a right to tell a 35 year cannabis addict things when you haven't been addicted to cannabis for 35 years yourself, I have the right to tell you things about the science behind it without being stupid enough to have ever become addicted to an opioid.

how is cannabis similar to suboxone what the fuck are you talking about seriously?

Suboxone is a combination of a partial MOR agonist and a MOR antagonist. Unlike heroin, buprenorphine is not a full agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Cannabis is like this too; THC is a partial agonist at CB1 receptors at lower concentrations, but a CB1 antagonist at higher concentrations, while CBD acts as an antagonist. The other cannabinoids complicate it further.

For the same reason that you claim to have a right to tell a 35 year cannabis addict things when you haven't been addicted to cannabis for 35 years yourself, I have the right to tell you things about the science behind it without being stupid enough to have ever become addicted to an opioid.

Suboxone is a combination of a partial MOR agonist and a MOR antagonist. Unlike heroin, buprenorphine is not a full agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Cannabis is like this too; THC is a partial agonist at CB1 receptors at lower concentrations, but a CB1 antagonist at higher concentrations, while CBD acts as an antagonist. The other cannabinoids complicate it further.

Okay I think you've proven your point ;)

the best way is to not bring any weed with you

Well over here I don't smoke by myself and smoke with a group of buddies.

And the thing is in Canada ;P we all just smoke each other up when someone else hasn't got weed ....
So say I don't bring my weed one day or. Forget to bring it , it's not really a problem because some one will just smoke me up because they know when they don't have any green ill smoke them up .

So yeah stuckinaloop - thanks for the advice but it's not like that where I am. people are nice :-S
but in my case where I'm trying to quit , I wish they wernt .

Well over here I don't smoke by myself and smoke with a group of buddies.

And the thing is in Canada ;P we all just smoke each other up when someone else hasn't got weed ....
So say I don't bring my weed one day or. Forget to bring it , it's not really a problem because some one will just smoke me up because they know when they don't have any green ill smoke them up .

So yeah stuckinaloop - thanks for the advice but it's not like that where I am. people are nice :-S
but in my case where I'm trying to quit , I wish they wernt .

Yeah i didn't think about that...I was thinking how I am...I usually smoke by my self and would be blazing blunts driving around in bewteen classes by my self and shit. But yeah it's hard if other people especially your friends are gonna be smoking..damn near impossible if your around it lol

Well, due to the lack of availability, I'm taking a tolerance break. I'm not too happy about it, but fuck it. You gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose.

....The rest of this week is going to BLOW.

Well im starting to get drug tested, if i fail i get to go to jail! woooo...damn good motivation.

I still think about it everyday, and im around it quite often, but i managed to not have smoked for about a month now.

It still sucks watching a funny movie or..basically anything thinking damn, this would be so much funner high off my ass. I dont have the side effects, just the desire to want to smoke knowing how amazing it can be.

Day 5 for me. Today is much much easier. Also appetite is back and stronger then before. I've thought about puffing maybe once.

Now time to crack a craft brew, through those chicken breasts on the grill and watch the Blackhawks. So pumped.

Mood is much better today and I feel like my head is starting to clear out. Good shit. To be honest I'm also drinking less, I think I would drink to help counteract the slight anxiety from herb.

Anyone who compares weed w/d to heroin WD...lolol.

Try abusing heroin for 35 years then see how comparable the WDs are.

:)))
23 years was long enough' it takes 90 days to recover' as long as you mcan steer clear of the triggers that raise the ugly head bitch of cravings'
3 days mashe dup with psychic and physical pain' then a further 10 days' cold flushing and alive'

Still reading folks' and I really appreciate all the comments'

Patterns of use are in flow now'

Why's Why-fores and when's'

Consumption has benn reduced by 50 %'

Dealing with the psychological stuff' the likes of a short fuse' wishing to take something and just trash it for the sake of it is' tolerable'

But the cold freezing body and the sweats gets way too much after a week'

50% reductiuon of use and I got water running out of my arm pits explaining this tuff to you's all'

After all these years I like being straight' it is one hell of a buzzz' but my body no wish to come with me' it gooses and sweats at the slightest exercion or excistement' and blissful sleep has become a distant friend'
Still no mad dreams so my daily ingestion must still be supressing REM'
I am no going to take this dry' as I got a life and people who require of me'
So I cut down' am cold and sweating' but have anxiety and anger under control' I also got a hang on eating' little and often' with lots of fruit juices in order to get the food wet enough to chew it down'
I found if you blast it in the gymn for 1/2 hour a day' I mean blast it' no go to the gymn and chin wagg' you gett lots of physical heat' of which comes across you later as a very good meloow buzz! Very much like a creamy light weed' so am now growing and getting fitter each day!

Thank you for all your comments' goes to show' one body' one spirit/psychi life

Light in self knowledge

Blackeye

Just to quickly add'

My saying' "Weed withdrawal" is comaprable to "H" withdrawal is based upon this'

"H" withdrawal' one would expect pain for the first 3 days' psychoological and physicaly' then as of when the receptors clear' one would be cold and goosed flushing for 10-12 days'

Weed withdrawal for me' gives me after 2-3 days abstinence' cold of body and goosed flesh and anxiety sweats' of which the bodies thermostat is messed up for the best part of 2 weeks' followed by a disconnection from perception of true emotions' anger flies at the littlest thing' and thoughts keep running past loops' of which create anxiety from and illusion' that makes me burst into a sweat' eh he' Life' and all the bits that make it so' DNA and chemical interventions'
It no help living in a cold and damp country' of which only gets warm 5-7 months a year' you require of hot weather in order to stay cool on weed' :)))
If you lived in Africa and blew a few bowls every day' you would no experience the body cold so much' you would still sweat though' of which would keep you cool'
Blowing weed keeps you cool' in more ways than just psychicaly'
Took me a long while to work out' "Be Cool Man" in it's full conectations for myself :))) Je Compre'
Spring has come' at last' time to dance and get fit in the Sun'

Be Well!

Bliss!

Blackeye

Last edited:
^Who cares man?

The dude is distressed, and that's the only issue here. What kind of asshole goes around telling distressed people that they're silly for feeling the way they do because there are other people out there who feel even more distressed?

It pisses me off so goddamn much that every time someone posts a thread about cannabis withdrawal, a bunch of people come along spouting verbal diarrhea about how cannabis withdrawal isn't as bad as benzo withdrawal or opiate withdrawal.

No shit, bro-- of course its not as bad as benzo or opiate withdrawal, I've done those both and they're excessively intolerable beyond what any human being should EVER have to experience-- that's not even relative to the OP's problem at all though. That's a whole 'nother issue entirely that has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is reporting that his body is not functioning correctly when he doesn't consume cannabinoids, that is a completely valid concern and it deserves a compassionate response.

Furthermore, its pompous to make an assertion like "even the heaviest use of cannabis and cannabinoids would pale in comparison with the most minor effects of even, hell, a light pod habit" when the OP is reporting that his symptoms make him as subjectively uncomfortable as mild opiate withdrawal would make him feel. That is no different than telling the OP he is lying, and his feelings of distress are invalid. That's bullshit man, if the guys doesn't feel well then that should be all that matters in this discussion.

35 years of constant cannabis use is certainly capable of producing painful and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. The number of physiological processes regulated through the endocannabinoid system is staggering; when a person consumes exogenous cannabinoids for an extended period of time, it will cause them to cease production of endogenous cannabinoids-- thus when the user stops consuming cannabis, many important physiological processes cannot be properly regulated. Its just basic physiology and common sense: cannabis can be physically addictive just like any other substance that substitutes for endogenous compounds.

Additionally, cannabis use down-regulates CB1 receptors which subsequently causes your endogenous cannabinoids to be less effective (they are much weaker agonists than the cannabinoids present in cannabis).

Respect brother :)

My main concern here is my body'
My mind is clear and discernible of what is going on'

My reference to "weed" being like "H" withdrawal is based upon the "Goosing cold and sweating"
The first 3 days of a short acting opiate withdrawal is hell beyond of what anyone should be reasonably asked to go through' pain physically and psychologically' with a profound inability to get the psychi to operate outside of a grey depressed fog of pain'
After the initial 3 days' the pain recedes and you are left cold' rushing' goosed flesh' sometime sweating' agitated' full of anxieties of "Cravings" for a further 10-12 days'
for me "Weed" withdrawal gives me after 2-3 days' a freezing cold body' sweats' anger' anxieties' an inability to eat' no sleep'
I have no cravings' I now know if I blow weed again for 3 days' my body comes down and I stop freezing and sweating'
I have cut down consumption by 50%' I am cold' sweating' uncomfortable' just like clucking' I know opiates intimately' and now weed'
Weed feels like I took "H" for about a week' but the weed withdrawal is way longer and more involved'
"H" follows a pattern of which is easily discernible'
Weed follows a pattern that "due to social stress is very difficult to read'
If you are withdrawing on "H" you can withdrawal and tell the world to fuck off'
I find withdrawing from weed' no makes me withdrawal psychological' other than anger and agitations' it allows me to be sociable' but leaves me cold of body and goosed sweating' this is the same as the after math of an opiate withdrawal
dope is dopamine' as is "Heroin' endorphins and dopamine'
I feel physically rushed' of a cold body and sweating' and social tress increases the said'
The psychological need for weed is only increased by it's use'
I require a certain a mount of something from the weed to prevent my body from sweating and freezing'

Ez'

Blackeye'

Appreciate the comments'

Last edited:
in what way at all does cannabis affect dopamine?

its not meth, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.