• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome chief. I've smoked once in the past 2 weeks, and I've noticed my cardio has improved. Quite a bit Although I have always been one to enjoy working out stoned. My social skills too, my last interview went real well (I'm usually high for them) but they want me to do a medical now. I'm really worried this involves a drug test, so I put on 3 sweaters today and went running up a big hill in the sun and nearly fainted :p. I'm not sure if me being off pot is that good a thing because I've been drinking way more and I had a crazy acid trip earlier this week, but I dont have the option of going back now as I can't justify this due to a possible pending drug test. I'm still having mad cravings to smoke up but I'm trying to chill out, and not take any more acid for a while haha. For the most part, I'm feeling great! And seeing radiohead soon, how am I not going to burn for thatt haha??

i havent even smoked once in the last 3 weeks , dont plan on it either , almost had a smoke with my best mate whos leaving this morning but i still turned it down :) on 400mg codeine atm lol , rationalized by the fact i wont get like i do with weed and i am really good at keeping it occasional , oh and its saturday i havent even been out the weekend the whole time ive quit pot ^.^

In the 43 yrs of my weed use, I have NEVER heard of so many people that have problems with it. I am completely amazed!!

What is to be so amazed about? How can you not have heard of the dark side of cannabis if you've been using it for 43 years? Turning a blind eye perhaps?

update.. i stopped for the 3 maybe 4th time 2 days ago.. this is day two and i feel so much better and i have more energy and clear headed. i need to write this down so next time i want to smoke, i can tell myself "not worth it"

What is to be so amazed about? How can you not have heard of the dark side of cannabis if you've been using it for 43 years? Turning a blind eye perhaps?

Probably because everyone I've ever known or been hanging around with don't see a dark side to cannabis. They have self-control, will-power, & believe in moderation. There is no 'dark side' for us. =D

update.. i stopped for the 3 maybe 4th time 2 days ago.. this is day two and i feel so much better and i have more energy and clear headed. i need to write this down so next time i want to smoke, i can tell myself "not worth it"

thats good man , ive been doing the exact same thing to remind myself its just not worth it , but now its just imprinted in my brain that its simply not worth it to cloud my head like that , even in low times in sobriety , im 3 weeks clean from pot now and have no intentions of smoking any time soon , i just wish i could buy like 3 cones to go with my codeine lol but even that i think would lead to smoking more often then itd sneak its way right back in :/

Probably because everyone I've ever known or been hanging around with don't see a dark side to cannabis. They have self-control, will-power, & believe in moderation. There is no 'dark side' for us. =D

do u know many daily smokers that smoke heaps every day ? like 1-2 grams atleast .

do u know many daily smokers that smoke heaps every day ? like 1-2 grams atleast .

Over the course of a day? Yeah sure...probably more if their weed isn't top-shelf & possibly less if their weed is like mine. They all function just fine...have families, careers, nice homes, the entire gamut. Just like the executives who have their evening cocktails, we have our evening tokes.

haha good job on that , thing is smoking 1-2 grams a day is gonna cloud ur head no matter who u are , there would definetly be improvements if they stopped . but seems like they have no need to stop , if theyre doing that well haha .

So cannabis only has negative effects for people lacking in self-control, will-power, and moderation? Good to know. :\

day 3 feeling foggy so I haven't smoked strange I just think it takes time to really get back on track after you quit there's a few lowes before you get a normal feeling

i notice i have more energy to do things, and i want to learn new things or do new things.. for one i think about meeting new people.. it seem that when you quit weed, you can do more, learn more.. The weed allowed me to focus on things i already was into but not much for opening up to new things..

I took a break at the beginning of the year, I didn't smoke for 2 weeks, but since the break I have found that I do not nearly smoke as much as before, not till the afternoon most days. Good Luck to the others :)

glad to help

Im glad you asked this question of us. I would like to stress how difficult it is to describe cannabis cessation, as every person is different, and I want to emphasize the importance of multiple perspectives on this topic. Here is mine.
I've been a heavy smoker for 4 years (couple nugs of CA medical per day out of the bong). Cannabis still feels relaxing and euphoric for me. I considered quitting about 1 year ago for health reasons, namely the quality of my lungs, mouth, and throat, which I am certain are all taking a beating from this thick and resinous plant smoke (which may or may not be worse than tobacco smoke). However, I have still been picking up at the shops, putting myself in an uncomfortable mental state which can be summed up in the following musings: "I wonder how long I will be doing this?" "Why do I continue to buy something that has grown so subtle as to be mostly unappreciated?" The answers are not so clear, as my circumstantial cessations of cannabis are almost always followed by my return to a "blank" kind of clean. I am different than most people in my cognitive deficiencies, namely my tendencies toward depression and negativity. I have always been a slightly miserable soul, making this slightly life-enhancing plant all the more enticing to my personal needs. I will finally add that at this point, the culture surrounding the sale and use of pot kind of turns me off, as well as the high pricings and "hustler-like" attitudes of those that sell this earthen and natural material. Perhaps vaporizing can surely make the plant safer to smoke, but how long would I have to continue medicating myself? Perhaps it is just my time to quit, but the urges to smoke come very strong, and I have yet to do so. I hope one day I will be more decisive about what is best for myself, and not be so scared of what will happen if I leave something behind. <3

I'd just like to add that I am here to help the people who are trying to quit cannabis. If anyone is trying to stop toking, I'll gladly help you by removing any temptations around your home. It's gotta be a tough quit if there's weed near you, so if you'd like to get rid of any weed around your place, just send it to me. I'll give it a good home & will take care of it for you.:\
Just trying to help...;)

For my insanity, I think I'm going to have to take a break. Been smoking it like every other day, for a good 7years with breaks in between. Lately, a lot of emotional carnage has erupted, so I started smoking to try chill out. One day I was with a friend, pissed off as hell, so I thought fuck it I'l just roll a big joint, we'll chill, had some really nice pungent stuff that day. So I smoked this joint with my friend and started getting anxious, my heart was racing and you know how the rest of the story goes. I've got a case of the para's and anxiety so need to cool the beans, if I'm ever to get back my insanity back and be able to take a toke again. Im keeping it cool now because I've had 5mg of diazepam earlier. Only way to really kill the feeling, an i'm not going to start taking benzos, so I can smoke pot regularly. Just thought i'd finish of my stash, only a small joint. I have smoked since the day I had the first episode... but roughly the same thing keeps happening :| It's almost like not being able to get a hard on. I don't mind taking a break, I don't really rely on it and not to say i'l quit. That door is probably going to stay open, but I think for the time being i'm going to say bye to pot for a bit. Save my mental health for other endevaours, get some shit sorted, then go back a visit that door. Open it a little, then maybe just go right on through.

TO WHICH... i could just get paras an anxiety again:| but shit happens. I like smoking it, but y'know, priorities, can't be a nervous wreck or be on benzos or drunk just so I can smoke a bit of bud. 8)

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
I am getting a vaporizer next week and that will solve my only remaining issue with cannabis (smoking it).

Plus I will finally be able to smoke without blowing it out my window

err, vape

man I cant wait

So I began smoking weed everyday, maybe for the past two months. It has never caused physical problems for me until recently. So the issue is, when I don't smoke in a day I experience: 1) Inablity to fall asleep easily (I usually won't be able to sleep until 5am and even then it's still hard). 2) Difficulty eating more than a small meal 2x a day, if I try to eat more than that I get bad stomach aches. 3) Anxiety. Does anyone else experience this? I don't want to be blaming Mary Jane for this but I can only tie these problems to her, and when I do smoke weed they go away (obviously). I have little doubt that this is causing these issues, so I'd like to know why.

Every body is different. Some people use MJ to aid in falling asleep. Others can't get to sleep until the high is mostly over. I know people of both type. Not able to eat much is also common (again, everybody is different, the munchies is also common). Anxiety is also quite common. But you don't specify how long you have been smoking MJ, you say you smoke it daily for the past 2 months. For some people anxiety problems only come up after a few years of chronic use. But still, everybody is different, and you might be somewhat sensitive. As you may heve figured out yourself, it would not be unwise to cut back on your MJ use and see how it goes with all these negative things you are experiencing. It is my expectation that in less than a week most of those symptoms will probably be gone.

I am at shock at how people perceive Marijuana to be a "non-drug"

The fact of the matter is my brother, is that this thing is as much as a drug as anything else. You are experiencing these symptoms as a result of excessive weed smoking. In the medical field, there is a known fact that when looking at any medicine or drug in the world, there is always a primary reaction (1st reaction) "When I am high, I eat and sleep well" And then the secondary reaction of the drug emerges when you are sober "I can't eat or sleep".

This concept is universal to most medicines and drugs in the world. The reaction you get when you are high is going to be the complete opposite reaction when you are sober. Now moderate to occasional cannabis users do not usually experience this because they are not stoned most of their time, but heavy cannabis use is definitely associated with lack of sleep, lack of appetite, and especially anxiety. (primary reaction "weed calms me down" secondary reaction "being sober feels like im anything but calm, I feel very racy and anxious".

If you want this to go away you need to completely quit Marijuana until you are able to sleep and eat regularly again, and if you wish to start smoking it again you would need to start using it moderately, like once a week or something dude. Some people can get away with heavy cannabis use, You and I are not these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.