• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

Its crazy, because I will often try to play up the "pros" in my mind.

Basically be like, the weather is so nice, just go buy a gram and puff over the weekend. Of course it never works out that way.

i know what you mean. ive done that many times before. i think it actually has the potential to work for me though. i would cut off all other connections (i dont have any anyways right now). then i would just go to the coffeeshop every two months and buy a gram of amnesia haze. a weedrun takes over two hours (i dont have a car) and its always a thrill cause im smuggling it over a border. its a good method of forced self discipline. that way i could still buy weed for those special occasions and be completely independent of the drug crowd and smoke less.

for all that to work though, the first step would have to be not to smoke for half a year which renders itself rather difficult because my roommate is probably buying 2 or 3 grams on the weekend.

Ahh my breaks been so nice. In a month or so i'll be high as fuck from an amount of weed that would only have gotten me that high 3 or so years ago.

Still Cannabis free, want to say this is the start of week 3.... good thing that I cannot remember.

I do not think of it that often, really only crave it when I am drunk and now they are not even that serious.

Last edited:
90 percent of Marijuana's effects on me are completely undesirable. As soon as I smoke I get lazy, unmotivated, my capacity for intelligent conversation dies, my social 'charm' and 'wit' is gone, I look less attractive (Droopy eyes and slow speech), all conversation is 'random' and 'open'.

I won't carry out any duties or activities that I would have easily done sober, I can't STAND being around non-stoned people even if they are really close mates or people I can usually be around in any state. I will also need to sleep within 4-6 hours of smoking no matter what the time, it feels mentally and physically exhausting.

I feel like I am in a cloudy haze for a day+ after smoking heavily, with most of the ill effects still in place. People who are stoned all the time are a lot less reliable and organized =\

Even knowing all these negatives its hard to not smoke when its constantly offered to you, and in your mind you make the connection that smoking is going to cure your boredom even when you know it isn't.

Been smoking for 4 years btw and I used to really enjoy it, but now it's just a drag. The negatives completely outweigh the positives for me, the high is bland and makes me feel like a lazy tired retard. Why would I want to feel like that ??

I have to stop smoking, last summer i only smoked occasionally,then over the course of the winter i smoked like 7 times, and now in the spring and whatnot i smoke almost everyday, instead of that awesome music beating inside me feel and the whole whoosh thing when i realize everything is around me I get groggy and tired.

Maybe its just the weed, but after my last eight is gone im taking a month long break.

i know what you mean. ive done that many times before. i think it actually has the potential to work for me though. i would cut off all other connections (i dont have any anyways right now). then i would just go to the coffeeshop every two months and buy a gram of amnesia haze. a weedrun takes over two hours (i dont have a car) and its always a thrill cause im smuggling it over a border. its a good method of forced self discipline. that way i could still buy weed for those special occasions and be completely independent of the drug crowd and smoke less.

for all that to work though, the first step would have to be not to smoke for half a year which renders itself rather difficult because my roommate is probably buying 2 or 3 grams on the weekend.

What happens if you get caught at the border? Its not worth getting arrested for that is for sure.

im not sure what actually happens. i think its not too bad if its only small amounts. i think they may just drop it. i would definitely say that i bought in in my home country so it wouldnt be smuggling, just posession.

90 percent of Marijuana's effects on me are completely undesirable. As soon as I smoke I get lazy, unmotivated, my capacity for intelligent conversation dies, my social 'charm' and 'wit' is gone, I look less attractive (Droopy eyes and slow speech), all conversation is 'random' and 'open'.

I won't carry out any duties or activities that I would have easily done sober, I can't STAND being around non-stoned people even if they are really close mates or people I can usually be around in any state. I will also need to sleep within 4-6 hours of smoking no matter what the time, it feels mentally and physically exhausting.

I feel like I am in a cloudy haze for a day+ after smoking heavily, with most of the ill effects still in place. People who are stoned all the time are a lot less reliable and organized =\

Even knowing all these negatives its hard to not smoke when its constantly offered to you, and in your mind you make the connection that smoking is going to cure your boredom even when you know it isn't.

Been smoking for 4 years btw and I used to really enjoy it, but now it's just a drag. The negatives completely outweigh the positives for me, the high is bland and makes me feel like a lazy tired retard. Why would I want to feel like that ??

dude this is exactly how i feel about smoking now, even though i've only been smoking for about 2 years now. even though it makes me feel absolutely retarded and worthless i still love to get high. the negatives almost completely outwiegh the positives yet i still have no desire to quit. i guess this is psychological addiction?

The best way to take a break from Cannabis is to take a trip or vacation.

It doesn't matter how long or to where as long as you don't bring/smoke any Cannabis the whole entire time your gone!

It makes it easy when your far away from your home, don't have a pipe and/or any contacts for bud!

I'm on week two and two days. I know I said earlier I'd stop after 4/20, which didn't happen; I just kinda eased into it. All I got is a little bit of rez...which will get me high, I know. I'm away from all my contacts, although I can easily find one here, I know a guy who might be able to get me some if I got a need for weed. Regardless, I don't think I'll be toking all summer, outside the rez I have. And that's only happening if I pass my upcoming drug test, which I'm becoming more confident that I will (my dad doesn't share this confidence).

So, if I pass the test (I got a few tricks up my sleeve) I'll do it one last time, then, maybe occasionally, if at all over the summer. So far I've been doing well, though I still think about it daily. I am definitely psychologically addicted, no doubt.

For me, though, the negatives do not outweigh the positives. I see it like this: there are times that are good to toke up, and times that are not. Sometimes, it makes me stimulated, I was to enjoy stuff, I become more creative and the like. It's even motivated in a creative sense at times. I don't get any more anti-social when I'm blazed, unless my surroundings warrant such behavior. Plus, it helps me to sleep on nights that I find it difficult. Ever since being clean, I noticed more vivid dreams occurring nightly. This pleases me, because I can start working toward lucid dreaming again.

As soon as I get back to Pittsburgh, though, I will be purchasing a bubbler for the room, and me and my two roommates will be sure to christen it with good bud.

I'm doing it for my brain. Alzheimers runs in my family... Cannabis is probably not helping. I'd like to remember things when I still can.

It's kinda scary/heartbreaking when friends talk about hilarious memories that I SHOULD remember but don't. :(

Smoking on some wax and some potent edibles got my tolerance too high. So I am taking a tolerance break.

Gonna start with a goal of Two Days for now. I'm pretty addicted to this shit, so one day is big for me...

Going to spend my free time riding my bike and lifting weights.

One of the things that I really enjoy since stopping MJ (and other drogas) is having crazy ass dreams. Sometimes I wake up in the morning having had a great experience sleeping. Nice =D

After reading some of these posts, it seems like if you are very critical of yourself and how others view you.... Then weed is not your drug of choice.

tolerance break

hi. recently ive been smoking way too much like 7joints a day sometimes more of good high grade and still not getting me high. im on a 24h tolerance break right now just wondering if a short 24h break will get me back those fine times when i used to get baked out of my mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.