• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would giving your plant a stone or wood implant make it do anything significantly different in a period of 3 days?

Three days before flushing, I said (I'm flushing two weeks before harvesting). And here's why stone (wood..., etc.) works:

Two weeks before harvesting girls are very nervous - for weeks they work overtime to be pollinated. But pollination never happens (cause you removed the males). Girls will continue to produce pistils until they're harvested.

What you're doing is wounding the girl. You slice her stem and you place some foreign object inside her. Now, girl is very concerned - she knows that she's wounded and that she might die. So she goes in overdrive - she tries to produce even more juice just to be pollinated and to produce seeds before she dies. And cause they'll be no pollination = you finish with some exceptional buds.

And now you know.

Hmmm..sounds interesting..do u happen to have any side by side photos showing the difference? Surely you didn't forget to take photos of this miraculous find did you? If I was telling people to slice their plants stems open and shove in a foreign object, cause its produces larger buds..I would have pics to back it up..just sayin..maybe I can try it on one..we'll see..

2 days after upsizing and putting under MH

Day10.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the burned tips & edges are from?

Im noticing that the FF-OF, seems to break up in to big chunks when it drys out, isnt that harsh on the plants roots?

Well, Still haven't nuted, Raised the lights about 3-4 inches today, since no ones responded. I dont know what's wrong, I don't know if its the FF-OF soil, giving the plants nute burn, or if its the MH light being to close (at 24 inches, it killed my other plant (had3),

Is this light burn/bleaching? Because the temps have NOT gone over 80, been averaging 71-76 degrees the past 3-5 days, so temps aren't a problem, that only leaves light burn/ nute burn, and I dont have enough experience to confirm either or

Assuming your pH is sweet, it may be the soil? Like I said ive never used it before, but have read that the OF has some nutrients in it. Try giving them a good flushing prelude.

Could be a number of things Prelude...transplant shock, adjusting to the MH, ph flucuation, lack of nutes..they haven't been in that soil all that long..that is organic stuff, it breaks down and then the plants uptake it...I wouldn't worry about those leaves, they will wind up being the bottoms which you will be pulling off anyway. Start monitoring the new growth and focus on that. What kind of nutes do have?

Cool Video!! It woulda been cool if he had a clip of that same plant after 2 weeks of piercing the stem..unless I am missing something..

I only veg w/ a 400, so I guess using a 600 you will have to leave it like 36 inches above them. Basically you gotta hold your hand right above the plants, if it feels to warm, then raise the light. Did you have more than 3 seeds to start? I always like to start more than I need in case of situations like that where you lost one. I just threw like 2 dozen seeds in wet paper towel to germinate. I am certainly not going to use that many, but better to have more than not enough. Same thing goes for clones. I just made a big mistake..being sick and overwhelmed w/ other stuff going on, I left them longer than I should have before upsizing and I lost quite a few. Really I should have known better and got them into soil and a 6' square container once I saw roots sticking out. Now I don't have too many for next time and have to resort to seeds.

That medium looks a bit dry to me, i don't think ur giving them enough water prelude, particularly following your earlier description of compacted soil. when watering u should place your plants in a tray and water both the top and the tray so that the water will soak into the pot from the bottom (capillary action), leave the pot in the tray for 20 minutes. I would suggest give em enough water to keep them going for a couple of days each time..

Last edited:
Absolutely, I mentioned earlier...watering from the bottom is the best way, I let mine sit in the trays for as long as needed, if one tray dries out quickly, ill add a bit more. Those in that tray must very thirsty. I would only water a little bit from the top, not much, let the all the tap roots and such stretch to the bottom where the water is and the oxygen roots stay on top where the soil is dry and oxygen can get through. If the top is always soaked, the plants tend to suffocate plus your providing a perfect environment for fungus gnats, by leaving the top soil wet/moist. When they are young, yeah, they need more watering from the top to ensure that they are getting as much as possible, but once they are a bit older and their root system has filled out, you can water the trays, and they will soak it up from there...I'd say fill the tray about 3-4 inches high about, depending on what stage...when they are in full flower mode, they use alot more water, so you just have to figure out what they need depending on what stage they are at.

One thing I like to give seedling & clones early on before making up a full batch of nutes is Bio-Tone Starter Plus, its an All Natural liquid blend that helps with transplanting etc..Try to look it up on the net, you can find it at garden suppy stores etc. This stuff rocks, I have seen explosive growth about 3 days after using this stuff. It really only needs to be used early on w/ seedlings/clones and a little bit into veg, then I stop using it and go w/ my normal nutrient feeding schedule. I copied some info about it, since we can post direct links..

Bio-tone® Starter Plus 4-3-3
All Natural Plant Food Enhanced With Bacteria, and Mycorrhizae

Available in 4 and 25 lb. Size
1 pound equals approx. 3 cupfuls.

Microbe enhanced all natural plant food
Includes both Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae
Grows larger root mass to help plants establish fast
Promotes bigger blooms
Reduces transplant loss
Non-Plant Food Ingredients:

Contains 1,341 colony forming units (CFU’s) per gram of 7 different species.
Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: 97,440 propagules per gram:
Endomycorrhizal Fungi: 2.64 propagules per gram:

CLONE buyers beware

I just learned this the hard way and I thought I would share my experience. I bought a clone from what I KNEW to be a reliable and reputable source. I thought I was safe to put this soon to be mother in my veg room with the rest of my girls. BIG MISTAKE. Now I have a spider mite infestation to deal with all of my veg plants AND my clones.

I fucking hate spider mites with all my heart. They killed my new mom and the rest of plants are suffering too.

Learn from my mistake. Whenever bringing in a new plant ALWAYS separate it from the rest of your plants for at least two weeks.

Ouch man..that really sucks. I had a spider mite infestation....what a PIA to get rid of em. I bought a spray fogger, I think Dr.Doom and also bought this other stuff that you mix with water and spray em down. I forgot the name of it, I will have to see if I have the bottle at home..I'm at work now. I will try to remember the name of it, it worked very well. BUT overall, I had to empty my closet...spray everything down with a mild bleach solution including all equipment.. and then had to re-paint my walls...FINALLY was spider mite free!!

I heard somewhere that the little bastards love marigolds so including the odd marigold in the growroom might be beneficial. sulphur bombs seem quite effective but obviously you've got to wait til the room is empty of plants, otherwise the only solution to a spidermite infestation is to disinfect everything, twice, and then again just to make sure....

Yeah, a good thorough cleaning..and then another and another LOL.. Seriously spider mites are pretty much a death sentence for plants and if it doesn't kill em, you are left with buds covered in webs!! They hide in tiny crevices and hibernate, so even is you harvest, clean out your space and just wait a month before starting another cycle, they will be on the new plants before ya know it. Disinfecting and using a product that kills them and their larvae is a MUST! Like I said I even repainted my area to make sure they were gone, repainting pretty much seals any cracks they might be hiding in.

I have spider mites.....

shit

my veg area is basically outside, i hope my flowering area has not gotten any in it.

Arob, if you bring your babies in from the veg area (OUTSIDE), which have spider mites and put them inside your flowering area (INDOORS)...you can be sure as shit..you have spider mites...start checking every single plant. Look under all the fan leaves, they are tiny..use a microscope of possible..but that is how I got spider mites...trying to clone from outdoor plants and bringing them inside...that's the only thing I can think of, cause before that, I never had them.

NSFW:
Week3.jpg

NSFW:

week3-2.jpg

Hey guys , been a while since Ive been able to get on, Well, Im having a problem, and Im not to sure what it is, but I got a clear picture of it...

Now this is kinda bothering me because I bought seeds that were from a reputable dealer, I bought 10 seeds, and 2 of them came out deformed, like this (If you goto the beggining of the thread, you'll see I had a plant that looked EXACTLY like the second picture, and never really took off, anyone know whats wrong with my baby?

Im quite positive its not nute burn, I use water with .001 ppm, ph has been 6.5, medium is 6.5.(still haven't nuted, because supposedly fox farms has enough nutes to last the first 3 weeks of potting.)
Temps have been 70-75 degrees, and this plant still is having problems, Blahhh
Kinda having seconds thoughts about this Fox Farms, I dont like the way it dries and breaks up

Status
Not open for further replies.