• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Medically withdrawing from opiates or rapid withdrawl

Mrsmann1

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am very interested in this withdrawl technique that I have read about. They admit you to the hospital and sedate you. Within 12 to 48 hrs the opiates are out of your system and you don't have to go through all the nastiness of withdrawing.

Some doctors think it's our "punishment" to have to go through all the nausea, diaharea, pain etc. But I have read where they have used it successfully in some places. Has anyone heard of this and has anyone done it?

I would like to try getting off the opiates but I have been on them 16 yrs and they are a part of me. Also a few times because of problems getting my meds I have STARTED to withdraw and it sucked!! Is this real or just a fantasy someone made up to avoid all the things involved in "kicking" the habit?

I'd try opiate replacement therapy, or at least look into it. Lots of people have had great success with this. I believe suboxone or subutex is the way to go. methadone is just too hard to come off of in the end. Good luck Mrsmann1!

I'd try opiate replacement therapy, or at least look into it. Lots of people have had great success with this. I believe suboxone or subutex is the way to go. methadone is just too hard to come off of in the end. Good luck Mrsmann1!

I have done both and right now am at 8mg of methadone down from 90 in about 5 months and have felt 0 withdrawals, my last day is like 2/21 or something like that and I dont care right now i just take it to sleep at night. I routinely skip my sunday take homes because i literally dont think about it then cant sleep at night lol. In my experience with the correct motivation and desire coming off replacement drugs is easy i experienced an easy time with subs and methadone as an IV heroin addict.

I strongly recommend replacement therapy because you learn to live your life without drugs. I have been clean from heroin and crack for over a year now so in the event i feel WD from methadone it will be what i call "methadone sickness" not "opiate withdrawal or dope sick" because i dont know what those are anymore.

I have done both and right now am at 8mg of methadone down from 90 in about 5 months and have felt 0 withdrawals, my last day is like 2/21 or something like that and I dont care right now i just take it to sleep at night. I routinely skip my sunday take homes because i literally dont think about it then cant sleep at night lol. In my experience with the correct motivation and desire coming off replacement drugs is easy i experienced an easy time with subs and methadone as an IV heroin addict.

I strongly recommend replacement therapy because you learn to live your life without drugs. I have been clean from heroin and crack for over a year now so in the event i feel WD from methadone it will be what i call "methadone sickness" not "opiate withdrawal or dope sick" because i dont know what those are anymore.

Keep up the good work! You've made it this far you can surely make it down to 0mg and off the shit all together. Mad props ;)