• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Medical detox vs Methadone vs Suboxone vs Cold Turkey at home vs I dunno

Damn...no offense but if he is a maintenance doctor he doesnt know what the hell he's doing!

PWs are like an exorcism in my case. It just a serious of violent spams of shit puke and kicking my legs uncrontroably. You sir are hardcore to intentially do that. May I ask how long after you dose did you do it and did he wear a hazmat suit?

Did you shit all over the room? Id imagine it would be a mess and end up with someone mopping the ceiling. I ended up putting the trash can next to my bed and putting down a tarp once I felt it come on the second go around.

The first time I ended up on the bathroom floor in my own fluids and solids and just taking showers. I didnt see it coming obviously.

no he didnt wear a hazmat suit, my doctor is in his 60's he has been practicing suboxone for years now, its common street knowledge about precip Wd, regular WD, and doing it the right way. no i didnt shit my pants, i had to run to the bathroom, as horrid as it was to get off the bed, i still controlled myself, from me crying so hard, i started puking in the sink in the room. but like i said the hardest part of the precip Wd, was the mental emotonal part, opiates block pain, emotionally, physically, and mentally, so i was crying like a little baby, crying harrd to the point snot was coming out of my nose, drooling like crazy, legs twitching in agonizing pain, hot sweats, cold sweats, wrappe din a blanket, then took my clothes off..it was a 3hr procedure under his supervision, my vitals were taken consitatnly, he would check up on me in between patients..im a grown man, i know to hold in my shit and take it to the toilet,,the puking i couldnt control i had a sink...excocrism..i like that..lol but even after his office, i was still in precip WD for 3 days, not as intense as in his office, but intense enough, then gradually after 3 days i just felt like im going thru heroin withdrawl, here i am 1 month later, taking 3 subs a day, and i still feel weak as fuck, methadone is a bitch to get off of

Damn...no offense but if he is a maintenance doctor he doesnt know what the hell he's doing!

he very well knows what he is doing and is a very wise and smart doctor.he has HIV, he is gay, very open minded, even done huge favors for me when ir an short on suboxone, even helped me with my benzo anxiety issue and add issue, now that he knows i was abusing it, he strictly will only give me suboxone, and he will not give out pills, films only...he has a huge pet peeve with cocaine, 1 dirty im out, he doesnt seem to care about benzos or marijuna, as long as im off everything else..call him a sleez ball doctor with no morals..i call him a life saver who really believed in me when no one did, despite him kicking me off his program about 6 times in the past 6 years, yet he still tries to help me..idk im glad i did it..it was my decision to go thru PWD in his office, its NON LIFE THREATENING so nothing was done wrong

I think 3 strips is way to high of a dose. I was on 200 mgs of morphine and 60 mgs of oxy and slammed it all. Plus I was blowing a couple grand a month on more pills and smack. Im down to like half a strip a day now and Its been less than a week. I took like two strips the second day and that was the most bupe Ive ever taken. Now that being said this dose is holding wds pretty well as long as I exercise alot. I was gonna take 7/8 of a strip but since this morning ive only taken 3/8s and I feel fine.

Suboxone has no high to it so it only gets you not sick. Its been done with subutex IV but with tolerance like yours or mine it probly wont happen. I guess what Im saying is maybe you might have a shitty time coming of 24 mg of bupe as thats what 3 strips is. Im on like 3-4 mgs a day already. Ive done extensive reading on bupe and I truly believe less is more.

I had a friend get 3 strips a day for a vicodin habit. She jumped off at a half a strip. I kept telling her she shouldnt even be taking more than one to begin with and to cut it up. Well she jumped off while out of town to limit her acess. She went on vacation to relax. She got so sick she ended up taking the bus and copping smack and roxis and slamming em. Shes back at like 160 mgs of done again. She had made so much progress and then slipped up on vikes. Than she took way too much subs and went straight for the needle on her jump off.

I am in no way trying to patronize you. Youve got a serious desire to clean up and thats commendable. I just wanted to warn you about how easy it is to get addicted to bupe because you dont really feel it and therefore you could build a habit without noticing. The only thing bupe does to me is make me not sick. If I IV it I get a slight buzz that lasts maybe ten minutes and is not worth it. Its a very subtle thing, but you may actually be raising your tolerance.

I sure hope you have a taper plan with your doctor. I would rather jump off 20 mgs of done that 24 mgs of bupe any day. The half lives are both long as fuck. I usually cut my pieces down to like half a mg or less for my last few days and do a taper that is only a few weeks.

If you have been maintaining on done to get your life back together and are ready to get clean Im thinking its a strong possibility that much bupe may be a repeat of the pain you experienced before.

Ive never found done to be particually addictive but I never took it for more than a week really. I just bought it cuz it was cheap and I couldnt get cheva or pills. It seemed to be on par with oxycodone in my experience, but thats just me.

Oh and their aint not shame in crapping yourself getting off a hardcore habit. I couldnt hold in straight up fluid no matter how hard I clenched. During my 24 hours of abstinence to avoid pwds my shits sounded like a woman peeing only alot louder. I had to mop the walls of my bathroom. I shit you not. But I did shit though. Oh man did I shit.

I cried alot during one kick. It was the strangest phenomenom. I had never felt or experienced the emotion known as guilt before in my life. Its awful. I hope to never experience it again. Thats an awful feeling, but I felt the guilt of all my crimes in my life for the first and only time that kick. It was a CT kick with no comfort meds and no benzos. I couldnt watch TV shows without crying about the characters. It was pathetic. My mother was making fun of me a bit after I felt better.

I really dont see the point of inducing pwds. Maybe its a new thing but that sounds awful man. I know pwds give me projectile feces and vomit. I wouldnt do it. Id rather just wait till the pwds time period had lapsed if it had been me.

Last edited:
i had to do the PWD, i knew i would end up dead. yes i was only on 20mg of methadone, i was on 130mg for a year, and got down to 20 in a matter of weeks, i was eating 500mg morphine a day on top of the 20mg, and buying methadone pills off the street, plus i abuse xanax..i knew i would end up dead on methadone mixing benzos. i been on and off suboxone for years now. i know less is more. im only taking 3 subs a day right now because according to the doctor 3 subs a day occupies 99% of ur brains receptors which i want occupied since im coming off methadone (more then 20mg) i was eating dones on top of my dose...i am the type to only take 12mg of bupe a day, or 8mg a day, for now while my body is adjusting i want to avoid all methadone withdrawls, even if that means having horrible side effects on 3 subs a day. i used to shoot subutex myself, and less is more, indeed. i would IV 2mgs of bupe and get so much more out of that then IVing more than 2mg..bupe is unique, it can be pleasant and very mild, but at high doses it can be dysophoric. i know my bupe man, i been on it for years until i switched to methadone...the only reason i induced PWD is because i was afraid for my life..i was eating handfuls of dones on top of my decreasing 130mg- dose, 500mg morphine a day, still shooting dope, and eating handfuls of xanax..its a judgement call i made..i wasin bed by 4pm. my dad had to constantly kick me 5-10 times at night to make sure i didnt stop breathing it was ridolous..i FEEL LIKE SHIT NOW, i been on suboxone for almost 4 weeks now, and off methadone almost 4 weeks now, and im still aching and pains, can bupe being a partial agonist be the reason why i still feel sick? since methadone is a full agonist with a ridoclous long half life and still getting out of my system? i plan to jump down to 2 films next week, after a month take 4mg morning, 4mg nite, and stock pile the 2 extra subs

Its a weird drug for sure. Well when you said 20 mg of done I was thinking ok whats missing in this picture? Like I said before I wasnt knocking you just wondering if you knew how easy it is to get habituated to bupe unnecesarily and worsen a habit. That doesnt sound like your case. Good god you have a complex system of drug abuse.

Were you an IV user? I think IV morphine is like ten times as strong or something like that. I almost fell out the first time I did 3 60s in a shot. Good luck with it all. I hope you get yourself to were you want to be. It sounds like you might be done with opiates. Id think the stress of agonist to antagonist and back would be worse than mixing benzos and done.

I sure do alot of benzos and have a rx for em as I have a panic disorder. Ive had no problems with mixing it with done in the past. It was always so damn cheap around here. I think I had a nice connect who was hard up for money. I actually got a pretty damn good buzz off of done but I was taking well over 100 mgs at a time and taking benzos and I wasnt physically addicted at that point.

Every since I got hurt and on CPM its been nothing but pills and heavy D. Im thinking Im done with opiates. I may go back on CPM but Im not taking ER meds anymore as they skyrocket your tolerance. It just hurts so bad when I have to write something or move my arm or hand in the wrong way to the point of excrutiation. The ER meds dont block it and only some strong breakthru stuff like a high dose of oxycodone or dilaudid touches it. Right now my overall pain is lower but my breakthru is worse than ever. Ive been very gentle with my destroyed arm but still. Well we made our beds and now we gotta sleep in em...

i have been an IV user for ten years, from shooting heroin, to cocaine/crack, pills of all sorts..i had enough..im surprised im not dead, i think about death alot, the process, the morgue, being emblamed, eyes stapled shut, in a coffin cold...that keeps me clean everyday..i cant stop thinking about shootings, gangs, drugs,..its all horrible thoughts i get caught into that i lived for years and i often wonder, did i die? is this my afterlife? after some intense overdoses from uppers IVed, i wonder if i did die, and i just woke up (my soul) and continued living like nothing happen but reeally dead? idk i need sleep! nite addys wearing off..

correction: all i do is adderall and benzos...i been RXed both for years..still ugly habit i know.. better then smoking crack all nite and selling everything, or trying take a hit of crack in the courtroom bathroom, etc..out of control!

Opiatekrzy has been ignored due to the fact that I think this chap is taking the piss and blowing smoke up my ass. His stuff just dont make sense and I ain't having it.

you make no sense or your just not reading between the lines. you surely know nothing about hardcore opiate dependency, and converting to suboxone from methadone, 20mg or more, or less..it doesnt matter. after a years worth of MMT, it puts a hold on your ass, and lingers up in your system, and PWD for some people is the only answer to get off methadone if they know it will kill them, by mixing xanax on incredibly stupid high doses of methadone, some people dont have the willpower to wean off methadone, wait 5 days, and switch over, some people need to make a decision if PWD is worth doing to get off meth immediately if they're life is in danger every hour. ok "chap"...lol

the clinic had me down to 20mg, but of course the addict in me was eating meth pills by the handfuls on top of it, and just plain out of control. plus a mixture of 500mg of morphine daily on top of it. i have nothing to prove to you "dopemaster" so you call urself, i wouldnt blow smoke up ur ass if my manhood depended on it.

ask the moderator to close it, i think you had your fair share of immaturity.

Well anyways I am doing great. Im down to a quarter of a strip a day. Im about to jump down to half that and should be straight up jumping off next week. It feels so great not to wake up sick.

I never can understand why anyone would want to take 3 strips a day unless they are trying to somehow still be using and opiate. Suboxone is an excellent tool for detox but I don't think its good for maintenance at all or at least not in my case. Im so glad I did not go through with the clinic.

I don't know why people want to be pussies about getting off dope. I really don't. All I wanted to do was make the wd's bearable. I think there is one exception to my views on maintenance and that's when people are constantly surrounded by drugs or have been using for a very very long time as in more than 5 years.

But I don't really care what other people do to their bodies. I just don't understand it. My habit was nasty and I am not dicksizing here. I wanted the hell of it all to end as fast as possible and didn't care if it hurt to do it. So I got what worked for me. I have done it this way before.

The mistake I made last time was associating with people that were using. Someone sent two paid up prossies to my house with a whole bottle of Oxy and some rigs and some panda 40s just to drag me back into the game. I had ten days clean. It must have cost them at least 5 or 6 hundred dollars. That's how bad people will try to drag you back in and it worked that time but I playing that shit this time.

Well now I have like two weeks and I have just cut a lot of ties and I am just feeling great. Im in a lot of physical pain and that's something I am gonna have to deal with.

congrats for you. some people need 3 subs a day when they are getting off of a massive opiate dependency, and there is nothing wrong with that, it is THEY'RE RECOVERY, whatever works for them. there is no standards on getting clean, as long as its done, whether its being on MMT for years, or suboxone 3 a day for 2 years...some people aren't as fortunate to handle half of a film or quarter of a film, and no one should be judged on this site, or in the real world. we are powerless over any addict, and you may never understand how the minds of all us unique addicts work,again this site is not for judging people, its not a contest on who has more willpower, its harm reduction, and this is "other drugs", check out the other forums where you can voice your opinions, perhaps the "dark side"??? my two cents

If you dont care what people do to they're bodies, then stop talking about how you dont understand how people are being pussies taking 3 subs a day to still be a dope fiend. just drop it, and lets stay on focus on this thread and not let is derail. i already see indirect comments towards me, which is not why we come on to bluelight, we come here to help people with harm reduction, not sarcasm and passing judgement. peace to all..moderator, can we close this thread? it ran its course and its already going off topic. i think the message went through.

Last edited:
Let's keep things civil in here. Anyone can post in any thread that they desire. If someone is bothering you so much that you are too immature to stand for them to post in your thread then feel free to block that user so you cannot see any post that they make. If you can't figure out how to do that then feel free to PM me.

Let's get back on topic.

lol i forgot whats the topic is, refresher? i believe suboxone is great for detox to the opiate dependent who doesnt have a hardcore history, i believe methadone is more for the people who have failed many times at trying to kick the opiate habit (as myself) cold turkey i dont reccoommend, along with physical WD, the mental WD will be so powerful you may end up doing something stupid like robbing a store or breaking the law to get high, i seen it all my life with friends hooked. cold turkey is not life threatening, but it takes a person with a lot if wisdom to go cold turkey to know they're boundaries during the WD period, sorry if i dont make sense, im so tired, i need some sleep. nite all

Ok so I gotta detox. I dont really have much of a choice and well I want to stop taking opiates. I dont need to get into the specifics. But if I do this now I get to A) not die B) could always go back on pain meds later C) im out of drugs and money and D) Im gonna go into wds and have worse consequences anyways if I dont have a plan. That probly the biggest thing is that no matter how I play this Im going to have to go through wds whether I coopeate or not.

Well I can go into a mutli-day progam and god only knows what they will do to me but its short and (not)sweet. They said I can stay on my benzo scrip which is thoughtful. Its still gonna suck and well Ive got a nasty habit. Some places use done, some use subs, some just give you a bit of clonadine and tie you to the bed and I hear some are really "good places".

I have given consideration to methadone. I would ideally get on methadone maintainance with a for pain rx. I dont think thats gonna happen. Im not trying to sound like a dick but Id rather detox than stand in line waiting for a cup of methadone every morning. Its a personal decision. Around here my insurance wont pay for it anyways so thats a bit more than 300 bones a month. I also get group counseling and all the demeaning stuff that comes along with it. Ive been calling pain clinics and they all suddenly no longer do methadone for pain. Im gonna ask my family physician tomarrow about methadone and what he thinks is best for me.

Suboxone is an option. Im sure someone will right me a scrip for this awful substance. Anything this nasty is freely availible to the drug addict population. Hell I even have like 8 strips laying around the house.

Which brings me to just doing this shit at home. Ive got some suboxone. I also have lope, kratom, benzos (alot), tylenol, dayquil, blood pressure medicine, muscle relaxers, and dxm. Ive detoxed at home and well I fear the unknown. So I could detox at home. Id probly have to ask my doctor for clonadine. Im sure I could locate a bit of MJ and really anything else that would be helpful. I do have a bit of cash I could devote towards getting clean, just as long as the end result is me detoxing off opiates.

Really it doesnt matter how I detox as long as the end result is me not taking opiates. I have no money and I am definetly not getting pain refills anytime soon. I kinda want to and think I should put this off a few days to get myself psyched up for going into detox and at the same time Im thinking I should just do this at home as Im thinking its the lesser of evils. My insurance will pay for me to go spend a week or less in detox and well thats awfully nice of them. Any thoughts?
Hi .i get 13 bottles of take homes 30mg each . The staff at the clinic jeez they are rude. I asked my counselor at clinic if i can start getting of the methadone . She said No! . So what I have been doing is .. ok I have to take drink my watered down 30mg when I pick up my take homes .. but my take comes I’ve went to ? What I did was ween my self down to one teaspoon .. I would pour out most of my waterd down 30 mg bottle I leave about a tablespoon and I add water to that . For the past 10 day if been pouring out the already. Watered down 30 mg except for 1 tablespoon and I add water to that and drink it..