• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Meclonazepam

Where in the US has there been any federal action emergency scheduling (or otherwise) benzodiazepines or their analogues since flunitrazepam (ROOOFIESSS)? I figured phenazepam would be an epidemic and be banned relatively quickly. Nope.

Yeah benzodiazepines have such a high safety threshold. Generally the government bans drugs when people die from them. Plenty of black outs from phenazepam but no direct deaths that I know of. They have an easier time scheduling when someone dies than they would trying to schedule a drug nobody died from and could easily be found to have medical uses by a scientific advisory panel.

It's also a dangerous prospect to schedule a benzo since everyone who was using it will risk withdrawal. Just seems smarter to leave it alone.

Got some of this to try but going to wait for more information first. Love the "also has anti-parasitic effects against the parasitic worm Schistosoma mansoni". You never know when that could come in use.

the idea of RC that are like benzos has me very intrigued, though i have always been weary of RC's. hmmmm.

meclonazepam is a very pleasant benzo analogue, but etizolam stays best bang for buck IMO/IME... (i need A LOT of meclonazepam to get benzo euphoria, the long duration is great though, very smoothe)

clonazepam need around 2 hours until its full effects manifest. how about meclonazepam?
and why wont they just make clontizolam (or was it zepam) which is the "etizolam"-version of clonazepam
i get it prescribed. funny enough, it was the first drug that i went to a clinical detox and now they swamp me with it. i get prescribed 2x1mg/day but this together with 1200mg seroquel (down to 500/300). so i will get my clonazepam, one of my most loved substances from doc for the next 2-5 years or maybe as long as i life. well thats an interesting approach to finish with a negative drug habbit: sustain it. go legal and keep shoving it at me (that is being said: tzhanks for the roche rivotril drops, the best tasting thing in the world, and one of the last two benzos still available in liquid form. sometimes even without the blue colour. but i like the taste of blue. they found another colouring agent than for rohypnol, just colouring liquids but not your tongue, teeth and hands. anyway, since it takes hours to kick in and is such a week sedative (haha) it would be a waste of prescious peachy-tasting liquid to use it as ko-drops)so how long will meclonazepam need to take effect?

I can't say in my extensive experience of Clonazepam that it takes 2 hours until it's full effects are felt, yeah it may take that long to reach peak plasma levels but by that point IME it's already working it's magic. 20/30 minutes max and I can feel a dose of clonazepam kicking, I was severely addicted to it for over 2 years and found within barely any time of a subligual dose any anxiety would completely dissipate. I was taking about 12-14mg of the stuff on a daily basis, I don't want to sound like billy big balls but I'd say my own experience qualifies me to put this opinion forward with confidence. I know everyone's different so yes, maybe it took 2 hours to work for you but I'd feel a 4mg dose kick in within 20 mins..... mmmm Banana Clonotril, drooling just thinking about it lol.
Needless to say it was an absolute bitch to get off, seemed like I was on an everlasting taper til I switched to Diazepam.

And I wouldn't say Clonitrazolam (aka Clonazolam) is even comparable to Etizolam, maybe you're thinking about deschloretizolam. It's just a Clonazepam derivative with a benzene ring fused with a 1,2,4-triazole ring to give it that extra kick. This stuff does take longer than your average benzo to kick in, longer than clonazepam anyway, the rebound anxiety from it (even for most people who don't have benzo habits) is just too much IMO. I've ordered it once, enjoyed it then it ran out and and had a few days of mental torture and then 3 massive seizures. That was after 1 weeks usage, far less than it's ever taken me to experience wd's from other benzos.

While it is quite fun the payback is a bit of a bitch and it sends people with even moderate tolerance sky high. IMO Stick to Nifoxipam, Diclazepam, Pyrazolam or (if you need a good hypnotic) Flubromazolam. Ideally I'd use common garden benzos but I'm not paying online pharmacy prices and I don't have a source for them anymore :eek:

I remember starting this thread - ironically now its on the market its the only rc benzo i havnt tried. I should get some just to tick it off the list (pun intended there, i think im miles more clever than i actually am)

Just difficult getting round to it while the clonazolam and flubromazePam (not f-Lam - its shit - first dose blows your socks off before leaving you with a permanent tolerance to itself) - is of such good quality. Those 2 could go toe to toe with half the pharm grade benzos used in general medicine.

The quite tan powder was dissolved in ethanol, relatively easily at 5 mg / ml (no idea how concentrated it could get).. and I tried starting with 1 mg (200 µl).

Actually subtle / smooth effect came on relatively quickly, and has developed only slightly since (its been 60-90 mins I think). Had only very slight clonazepam like lapse in attention / short term memory span. But it quelled my unrestful feelings without much more.

I don't have high tolerance, 1-1.5 mg etizolam still does the trick for me typically.

Is this stuff even for sale anymore? I swear from the about 30 safe vendors I know of, this isn't in their catalogue (minus those who will not carry benzos, but sell etizolam because it isn't a benzo, chemically speaking).

The fact that's in animal dewormer kinds of freaks me out? What's up with that ?

It´s strange that there are so little replys on this drug. In contrast to flubromazolam and clonazolam (which disappointed every friend that tested it, no one liked it and they said the effects were not very recreational, more pharmaceutical) everyone likes this. It´s like a muscle relaxer without strong hypnosis or disinhibition. Very relaxing and boosts many other substances especially cannabinoids (all my friends also use them so maybe they liked especially the interaction of effects).

I imagine that this feels similar to the muscle relaxer tetrazepam, chill out and relaxing without that cloudy headspace which gets me depressed so fast and very good for sleep, the duration is really perfect! I take it at 12 in the evening and wake up at 7 and can´t sleep anymore without a hangover!

I used it when I stopped taking Flubromazolam and Clonazolam (0,5-2mg a day for 2 month´s, before that 2 months with 100mg Deschloroetizolam and 100mg Pyrazolam), just 2 days each 3-4x2mg over the day and at the third day I had absolutely no need for any benzodiazepine effects, I felt quite sedated even when the meclonezepam has been 24 hours away and didn´t need benzos to sleep since then (1 week).

edit: hopefully this will stay under the radar like pyrazolam for ever as not many people seem to buy it extensivly so there aren´t big amounts getting busted which leads to illegalisation. Like Kratom, they wanted to forbid it in germany but as there aren´t many hospitalisations or other problems with dealers getting busted with huge amounts etc. they changed their opinion and took it away from the dead list. Wise desicion as the pharmacies couldn´t serve that much tramadol and tilidin when so many fake recepts and robberies would come and people would try stronger opioids like Substitol (Morphine) from Vienna or Heroine.

edit: it has sedative and anxiolytic effects too. There is one study on pub.med just google "meclonazepam lorazepam study"

Last edited:
Why so litle attention to this ? A really up lifting pleasing benzo - up there with the best imo

It's not widely spread amongst the most common vendors. I never saw it for sale somewhere I could buy it that seemed safe.

Plus, for some reason it's an animal dewormer? I stopped freebasing coke (in part, most of it was money wise, after the price of a brand new car and not a cheap one spent in 6 months on it, I was really freaked out by the animal dewormers the motherless bastards who produce the cocaine add, at the freaking source, levamisole. It's even in coke in south america these days, it apparently increases the high/rush.I'm not sure how that works for the white man's crack (freebase) ;)

Plus that guy comparing it to tetrazepam...I don't know, I never had it, it's not available here, it should, as it is 100% non recreational for a benzo, it's good for sport injuries that cause muscle spasms and mostly why its scripted in Europe is my understanding. That german graphic somebody posted once in the general benzo thread made it clear that it has zero anti-anxiety effects, but all the muscle relaxing of valium, zero hypnotic effects too, which is usually meaning non-recreational. Like how Oxazepam needs horse doses to be effective (the girl I know who's scripted it, 30mg every 3 hours...like...really, then when I tried about 120mg of it after taking just 60 first (2x30mg), I got some intense anti-anxiety effects for about 20 minutes, waited 1h+ for the effects too, then it disappears. They love to script the thing to women here, I saw so many 15mg yellows, but when I was shown that we even have 10mg, TEN MG of oxazepam per pill, I facepalmed a bit (pharmacy tech messed up my script, had never seen the weirdly round beige things and said hey that's not valium for sure. And they corrected it. Could they have been distracted enough to go with temazepam?

Anyway, the second part is not entirely related, oxazepam is the other kind of ultra weak benzo. But comparing this thing to tetrazepam...well, I think my script of zanaflex I never touch will do if I need to stop muscle spasms.

Last edited:
Tetrazepam is quite recreational if you are looking for a good muscle relaxer, after a hard day of work or walking/sports etc. it´s really a wonderful (recreational?) feeling when all the tight muscles loose up and you can just fall into your couch and relax - but without the sedative and hypnotic effects of other benzos or beer as an evening "enjoyment-tool" (couldn´t find a english translation for the word "Genussmittel" other than "drink and tobacco" which doesn´t really fit). Walking around is also really fun and relaxing especially if you smoke some Cannabis or synthetic Cannabinoids. It´s also really good in combination with stimulating Opioids like Kratom, Tramadol or Tilidine where it takes the edge off and enhances the body feeling without interfering with the opioid euphoria. (in combination with Tilidine I would even place it on one step with oxycodone in terms of euphoria).
Sadly I haven´t seen any analogues of it yet, let alone one will ever be stocked by a vendor if the dosages are similar.

If you look for sedation or define recreational=sedative then it probably wont please you enough.

As for the Meclonazepam it may be that those who like it try to keep it for themselves hoping for the compound to stay under the radar or it really doesn´t appeal to many people, which I can´t imagine as it was the only benzo besides Pyrazolam (yes, as strange as that may sound) that a couple of friends liked who usually just take benzos like Flunitrazepam or Diazepam and generally don´t get effects from low doses of most drugs. I gave them Flubromazolam and Clonitrazolam and got not one positive feedback, only one friend who used a half mg to kill an cannabinoid overdose said he felt very relaxed afterwards, 3 friends whom I gave each 10mg Flubroma - and Clonitrazolam even said they barely felt anything (only after like 3mg a friend said he almost couldn´t walk when waking up but it wasn´t very enjoyable) and said Pyrazolam and Meclonazepam were much better.
Personally the both are also my favorite benzos (besides my alltime no.1 Etizolam which gave me even more euphoria than most opioids) at the moment, but I had no chance to try Diclazepam or Flubromazepam which are already illegal in my country.

I think one reason why vendors don´t stock more of this or make pellets is the variety of dosages you can take of it, it´s active from 0,5-1mg but you can take 5-10mg or even more for recreational effects. Now if vendors can decide between something like Flubromazolam where they need 10 times less (or can make 10x more money) they obviously choose those first, I think Deschloroetizolam only made it to the greater market becouse of it´s relation to Etizolam, if you only look at the effects I would say the Meclonazepam is at least as effective per mg and more euphoric. The anti-worm effects seem to concern some people although I don´t exactly understand why.

I hope the other announced benzos will also come in time, especially Adinazolam sounds interesting.

edit: I´m now on 3,5mg Meclonazepam (along 100mg desmethyltramal, ~5g Kratom, ~2,5g Phenibut and 100mg Tramadol over the day (my usual dosages I have tolerance to at the moment) and I´m more sedated than the last days with the same doses of Nifoxipam (had even sleep problems although I usually don´t need benzos to sleep). The feeling of Nifoxipam is almost a pure body-relaxation with a smooth headspace, Meclonazepam is a bit reversed, it creates a stronger headspace and while beeing quite muscle relaxing it is a different body feeling than nifoxi which is somehow slower, almost "trance" like, the Meclona is more "spacy". Btw, a 1:2 nifo/mec combination is really nice as each adds the effects that the other misses.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love tetrazepam to be available here, just as a muscle relaxant. They sometimes use other benzos as muscle relaxants when spasms, painful ones happen after one has forced a lot, work or sport related, low dose valium like a single 5mg pill or ativan 0.5mg is what i know some people had for those kind of effects, but that damn german diagram I wish I didn't lose which is a bar diagram with each colour over the benzos available in germany and how long the bar is, is a representation of how anxiolytic, hypnotic, muscle relaxant and length of action. The superimposed kind of horizontal kind of bar graphic with the names of the benzos to the left and bars to the right (I want somebody to find it back haha, I think I found it at opiophile, maybe I'll go to that place with letters for forums but that's chill and weed lovin' and ask for it, surely the pic collectors there could help.

As for your friends, some people here, are (creepily) keeping tabs on my benzo habits and such. I'm done ordering benzos since I finally got a sleeper for nights where my 20mg valium a day + suboxone + hydroxyzine still don't cut it, got a script for the godly Nitrazepam, its really stroong and nobody should take more than 15mg, so 1 10mg pill and a half or 3 of the 5's.I got the 10's, I got enough health issues to warrant a break my new GP said, since I'm bipolar, I can't take SSRI's, SNRI's ant most antidepressants. Manerix is okay though, a reversible MAOI, no dietary restrictions, I still got 3 bottles of the 150mg pills (there's 300mg pills) and they have to be taken twice a day (my psychiatrist was all like, you take a low dose, is it even efficient?). But it made me feel happy but also really dumb, I would smile and it would come naturally at a sunset while I was bringing empty bags of cans to the gas station on foot to get more beer (that was at another part of my life where I touched the lowest to me, although I IV'd in that apartment I was a chipper, no the problem was needing a gram of weed or hash and a 12 pack to get through the day, I stopped drinking by myself, it was very easy since, at the same time I had a script of 2mg clonazepam x 2 ! 4mg clonaz, which is why now I have a valium script that is 2/3 less benzo activity in my brains, that fog in my memory, which I didn't notice at all, when it was lifted, when I got to 30mg valium during the 5mg less a week taper until I felt uncomfortable.

So that's why I find your friends tolerance for whatever it is they do that is rx in your country, but even me never reached such depths, it wouldn't be sustainable, what doctor is gonna script me 10mg of the benzos active at 0.25 and who's largest dose increments are 2mg (Xanax, Ativan, Loprazolam, Lormetazepam, etc.) and no black market for benzos here, at all. Whatever it is they do, it's ridiculous. I take benzos since april 2007 and the most I ever had was 8mg clonazepam one shot, and clonazepam after a certain dose, say 6mg, turns into a clumsy stimulant with depressive thoughts and some kind of anger at every little thing, paradoxical reaction everywhere.

I can explain to you, Meclonazepam is sold by very little vendors, maybe a single one, who has very inconvenient to the general public manners of transaction, it was the one with 1.25 and 0.75mg flubromazolam pills that apparently kicked one's ass as hard as the pink 1mg capsules...those were ungodly, one minute you're awake, the other you're deep asleep, not even time to get into bed sometimes.

It sounds interesting if its similar to clonazepam, but I won't be ever testing it it seems. Like the laughable Pyrazolam... It's a shame that diclazepam is banned in your country, it's kind of a valium-like compound, it also turns into nordiazepam after first pass metabolism, I think, if not, its a derivative your own body makes that acts a lot like nordazepam, it can be used to get off the stronger ones you order online if one's in trouble, and its dirt cheap. I won't be ordering RC benzos anymore, after failed promises like flunitrazolam, adinazolam, and the complete duds that deschloretizolam and nifoxipam are(still can't make sense of the name of the latter, usually benzos have a chemical name that is related to their structure, well not that one. The only one I'll really miss is Flubromazepam, maybe someday I'll get some more greenies or just 4mg beige ones, since I'm okay with my own scripts and don't wanna push it and raise back my tolerance to stupid levels. I might also order a bag of powder etizolam here and there, just cos it crosses no borders, its not cheap but at least its in my currency so I get enough to warrant it. Canadians are really getting assraped with the dollar going back to almost the laughable 90's 0,63 USD, 0,75 and basically 1 for 2 when it comes to british pounds...since January, I also order way less vinyl records, especially from the US (on discogs.com, ebay but for music only), when near parity was the paradigm...at 0,96 to 0,88 it was still fine but now just no, except mauybe if it's 7 icnches and EP's, because USPS changed its laws and land mail to canada, is the same as any other country, 14 dollars for shipping. So eff you uncle Sam. This last part was unrelated but I just had to say it, fuck you, U.S., your dollar may be strong now, it's just temporary...

I’ve experimented with this benzodiazepine quite a bit. In itself I don’t find it particularly interesting. But subjectively I found it to have some unique properties. To give some context, I have moderate/high benzo tolerance. 10 mg of alprazolam or etizolam is not blackout territory for me. I’ve had a ~20ish mg habit of alprazolam some years ago. Now about 6 mg alprazolam is good for me.

The meclonazepam I consumed was tested by NMR. It was the racemate which I assume most on the market is. If there is enantiopure meclonazepam on the market that’s probably significant. There are publications citing (S)-flunitrazepam as being 10x more potent than the (R) enantiomer (Järbe et al. (1986). This is almost certainly the case with meclonazepam as well.

On its own meclonazepam isn’t very recreational. I found doses around 6-9 mg to produce a state very similar to diclazepam but less sedating. It is possibly the least sedating benzodiazepine I’ve experienced. It will put you to sleep, but not knock you out, even at high doses. I’d equate equal with diazepam in terms of potency and effects. They are very similar to me, the only difference is meclonazepam doesn’t have as profound muscle relaxant effects. There aren’t many things to like about meclonazepam aside from the fact that it’s a very functional benzo. Even at doses approaching ~150 mg a day I did not feel in danger of truly blacking out. Of course, this isn’t a suggestion that such doses are safe.
I noticed taking meclonazepam rectally in propylene glycol produced a small rush. It was still very subtle. Orally it’s very subtle and takes ~2 hours to come up. It seemed to greatly increase REM sleep. Most benzos suppress this. I rarely dream on benzos but on meclonazepam I had highly vivid dreams every night.

As a withdrawal aid it’s also quite useful. I used it to taper down of about a 1 g of etizolam per month over a two months binge. It was very effective for this. Using 9 mg of meclonazepam per day for about a week allowed me to come off unbelievably easily. I just felt 100% normal, maybe a bit more tired than usual. The usual REM rebound of the etizolam binge stacked with whatever effect meclonazepam has on sleep and caused intense dreaming and occasionally sleep paralysis. None of this was unpleasant considering how easily and effectively it covered up such a huge issue I’d made with the etizolam. I just stopped taking the meclonazepam after the period of roughly a week and was fine. No residual issue whatsoever.
tl;dr meclonazepam is a crappy benzo on its own. The lack of potency and lack of recreational qualities make it a loser in my book. As an aid in benzo cessation it may have some use though. My experience is that it punches above its weight in this category.

This got a lot more popular after someone reliable took it up and produced pale orange 5mg pellets (no longer available) = underdosed blue pellets and powder now about - not mashy recreation but a lovely feel but also hopeful on the new norflurazepam

way too many zepams out there for me to keep up with..lol..it looks like Clonozolam is getting phased out by a few vendors and mine told me it has been replaced with Meclonazepam..fro what i read on here Meclo seems to be useless..

what is the best benzo analogue to hit the market recently that is just best at relieving anxiety, like klonopin?im not looking to get high off of it...lol

Does everyone else's stink?

all the same bar far one the best RC's

Yeah mine stinks...

It's not really that much like clonazepam IMO, it feels chilled out and sedating but hypnotic effects are not the main effects and it's moderately effective at anxiolysis, not highly effective like clonazepam.

Interesting that it's called a very good benzo or favorite by some, and others draw the conclusion from this thread that it must be shit? :D Well I guess depends on what you are looking for. No it's not clonazepam and I personally wouldn't take it for self-medication unless there weren't really other options, but it isn't bad at all.
Took a bit too much eyeballed a few days ago (and I also take Lyrica and had beers) spread over a few crumbs, and it made me feel nasty physically - I realize it's not a great combination and Lyrica + benzo's can cause a grossed out feeling. Not sure if meclonazepam is extra dirty in any way.

But hey I haven't noticed any parasites

Can somebody draw a comparison between Nifoxipam and this one ? Talking bout the hcl powder not pre-manufactured pellets. Thanks !

Nifoxipam does not seem very sedating at all to me plus I seem to have a natural tolerance to it. Nifoxipam to me seems like a nootropic, rather than a sedative. Not bad at all but I was astonished, that it did not really sedate me at all. Is this different ?