Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDMA - Somewhat Experienced - Underwhelming

masta.spliffz

Bluelighter
So, on Sunday night (Feb 14th) I went to my first rave, where I rolled (.3 of molly) for my first time since September 7th.

First, some history, which may or may not be of importance:
In the summer, I think it got a little out of hand, so I decided to take a couple months off, and ended up taking about 4 1/2 months. I don't really find it difficult to resist. We probably did it about 8 times in the last 3 weeks of summer, before that little binge I hadn't done it for a few months, and before that I'd always kept a month or so between my rolls, I think I'd rolled only 3 times before the summer.

I decided that next time I rolled, I wanted to experience a rave, at least once, and see what it's all about. So me and my buddy started looking at different raves for a while, a couple flopped, 'til we finally found this one, and planned it a bit in advance.

Ok now to the story...

I took a .3 of molly powder (a sort of tan colour, if it matters), which came in a clear gel cap. I figured seeing as I'd only done a .3 twice before (Sept. 5th and 7th, my last rolls before I took a break, before that sticking to .2g) and had just come out of a 4 and a half month break, that the .3 would hit me pretty hard.

We went to the rave when it opened, at 10, where we chilled and enjoyed the music until we popped at 11:30 I believe (our original intentions were to drop at 12).

I'd say about 45 minutes to an hour later, me and my friend both start getting alerts. After that, I didn't really feel like I'd ever reached the peak, as I know it.

I didn't get much of that characteristic MDMA euphoria, I definitely had an increase in confidence, but it wasn't like forceful. I could use it as a tool, but I still had to put some work in. It was kind of empowering in that, even though I was still having some thoughts of a socially anxious nature, I would just think "Dude, I'm at a rave, on MDMA, everyone is doing what they want, just go talk to her" or "just go dance in the cage w that goth chick," and I went and did it.

I definitely didn't dance anywhere near well, but if I were sober I wouldn't have gotten myself to go up to the cage and talk to the some rave chick, let alone join her and probably make an ass of myself in the process lol

It was odd, I didn't feel like it hit me even as hard as a .2 used to, but I did get some mental effects, and I was definitely sketching. I'm just hoping there's some explaination other than loss of magic. I don't think the molly was bunk 'cause my friend said it hit him pretty nice, but I felt like there was the comeup, a weak, short peak, and a comedown.

I do have a theory however...

One time, I took I think a percocet (5/325) and a half, partially because I was in pain, and partially just out of curiousity. I rolled later that day and it hardly even hit me.

On either Thursday or Friday, I took a few percocets and I believe 2 T3's, in an ill-advised bout of opiate (and Tylenol :\) experimentation. I didn't feel anything from the percs and T3s but an intense burning in my sinuses for about half an hour. Yes I know how stupid snorting APAP is.

Do you think that opiates from a couple days before would still have an effect on my roll?

It could have been the opiates, but i've never heard of those types of reductions from opiates. Could have been your nerves, maybe you were too uncomfertable to roll there.

Did you preload with any vitamins? Do you take 5-htp or piracetam?

I find that even after long breaks, i still have to preload with vit C, 5-Htp, and piracetam to get that "loved up' feeling i used to get on mdma. Either that or I have to be in a really happy place mentally going into the experience. If i'm feeling kinda "meh", the trip will be that way.

Also, if you had smoked a bowl on the comeup that might have made the mdma's presence felt more.

My guess is that the molly was really cut with a lot of adulterants.

If your friend wasn't as experienced as you, he could have probably felt magical from some adderall and a healthy dose of placebo effect. You, being more experienced, probably would be aware of what you were "missing".

I mean, 300 mg is a large dose. If it was legit MDMA, then you would have been rolling your balls off unless you have done it so much in the past that you truly "lost the magic".

You either have massive tolerance or crap MDMA. Maybe piperazine powder, not MDMA at all.

Have you tested it?

I sometimes get similar "non-breakthrough" effects from MDMA if I take 2 medium to weak pills, but if I take 300mg of MDMA that will send me into outer space. That's a huge dose even with a decent tolerance. With such a break 300mg of MDMA should have got you feeling all the love and empathy and all that good stuff.

Last edited:
Could have been your nerves, maybe you were too uncomfertable to roll there.

Really? I've never had a roll that didn't hit me unless there was some sort of interaction (in one case perc, the other time diphenhydramine). I was a little uncomfortable, yes, but that's not really uncommon for me.

I really don't know, but I think it could have been the opiates, or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Well, we'll see next time I roll then won't we?

^ true, somehow i missed the .3 part :p

I would also concur that probably it was adulterated... either that or you have a huge tolerance due to some wacky interaction i wasn't aware of.

to the OP; had you eaten prior to taking the pill? If so how much/what did you eat and how long was it before you took the pill?