• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Its most likely anxiety causing the heart palpitations, and until the anxiety is worked through you may feel that for a long time.

also it may be related to caffine intake. I just noticed the other day that if I go over like 3/4th of a cup of coffee or 1/2 of an energy drink then I will get chest tightness, minor feelings of anxiety, tension, negativity. And this shit lasts for like 5-6 hours and comes in waves. I'll drink an energy drink in the morning at work, be fine for like 30-60 minutes then I'll start to notice very subtle signs of anxiety in my body.

I think its so subtle because I've done so much work to battle the anxiety. 6 months or more ago I would have similar symptoms but they were way worse

Its most likely anxiety causing the heart palpitations, and until the anxiety is worked through you may feel that for a long time.

also it may be related to caffine intake. I just noticed the other day that if I go over like 3/4th of a cup of coffee or 1/2 of an energy drink then I will get chest tightness, minor feelings of anxiety, tension, negativity. And this shit lasts for like 5-6 hours and comes in waves. I'll drink an energy drink in the morning at work, be fine for like 30-60 minutes then I'll start to notice very subtle signs of anxiety in my body.

I think its so subtle because I've done so much work to battle the anxiety. 6 months or more ago I would have similar symptoms but they were way worse
Yeah it probably is anxiety and it could also be the fact that in a bid to completely recover ,I stopped cigarettes cold turkey and I don't know how to explain this but like I'm hypersensitive to sound ,and I'm also getting very mild brain zaps too.

I really think cigs can also be a factor ,this might be a withdrawal symptom as my body could be in shock right now as to what's happening.

Wha

What do you think causes it is it some form of tardive dyskenisia ,because MDMA influenced our dopamine receptors or system?,I wonder whats the science behind it ,but I hope this medication solves it because i rather it be some epilepsy form ,rather than a nervous system fault I think that is way worse to try and treat.

This is my theory: (take it with a pinch of salt, I study biomedical science at uni and have looked into this topic BUT I am by no means an expert on any of this)

-Cant find the source but I've read before that a small proportion of the population have a reduced rate of metabolising and reuptaking MDMA in the synapses due to having a different gene for serotonin reuptake channels or monoamine oxidases- this leads to some people being predisposed to a "LTC". Either that or they have previous underlying mental health issues
-MDMA sticks around longer than it should
-Natural response of the brain is to downregulate serotonin receptors
-Leads to uneasy feeling, unable to feel "good" feelings (I had severe anhedonia from the get go)
-Overthinking leads to first panic attack
-Panic attacks lead to very very high activity in the brain, may rewire cognitive circuits and reinforce the negative feelings
-This is the whole concept of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) but reversed
-(The main thing that helped me in my recovery was CBT which anecdotally supports this perhaps)
Hence:
-Out of whack serotonin system
-Other neurotransmitters may go haywire
-Over activity of dopamine pathway leads to the jerks we experience

I'd love for someone to critique this thought process and add their own thoughts; I don't think I've ever actually posted my thoughts like this before

This is my theory: (take it with a pinch of salt, I study biomedical science at uni and have looked into this topic BUT I am by no means an expert on any of this)

-Cant find the source but I've read before that a small proportion of the population have a reduced rate of metabolising and reuptaking MDMA in the synapses due to having a different gene for serotonin reuptake channels or monoamine oxidases- this leads to some people being predisposed to a "LTC". Either that or they have previous underlying mental health issues
-Leads to uneasy feeling, unable to feel "good" feelings (I had severe anhedonia from the get go)
-Panic attacks lead to very very high activity in the brain, may rewire cognitive circuits and reinforce the negative feelings
-(The main thing that helped me in my recovery was CBT which anecdotally supports this perhaps)
Hence:

I'd love for someone to critique this thought process and add their own thoughts; I don't think I've ever actually posted my thoughts like this before
I've recently figured out that my head involuntary movement were possibly caused as a result of me using Epilizine CR500(Sodium Valpoarate) in panic because I thought the brain zaps I got were a sign my seizures were about to come back.

Sodium Valpoarates is largely documented in ,all sort of movement disorders including parkinsisom ,chorea,dystonia and dyskenisia.
When I really think about it in the 7 days after I used MDMA I didn't have any head jerks or anything.

It would've been evident if my MD was caused by MDMA ,the symptoms would've started immediately after my 3 day binge ,instead they started after my SV use ,so I really suspect SV induced MD ,I could be wrong I don't know.

But I'm going to a Neurologist on the 7 of April I hope he finds something that's curable.

I don't know how to explain this but like I'm hypersensitive to sound

that is a sign that your nervous system is in overload. I've been learning about anxiety disorders and how they overload the nervous system, and also how to calm the nervous system through meditation, and one of the most basic things ive learned is that when my body is high on adrenaline and my nervous system is overloaded, sounds are amplified and my startle response is heightened ( scared easily/spooked easily).

one of the most startling things I realized about this state of nervous system overload is that it doesn't have any defining features of panic. There is no blaring red signals about lion, tiger, bear. It's very subtle.

anyways, I realized that deep belly breathing was able to restore my nervous system funtioning to some degree, and the more I was belly breathing, the less I noticed being hypersensetive to sound and also how much I startled from sounds.

Hence:

my number one issue is the entire process comes from a desire to think, and because over-thinking is both a symptom of anxiety, and can lead to anxiety, most of the time my general response is to not indulge in thinking and excessive thinking.

the reason I might indulge is because I realize "surrender now" is not always the most effective strategy, although in the long run it is the best one.

I guess I cant even indulge really haha. My first thought is "well I don't really care what the line of logic or reasoning is anymore. I found myself in this shit hole and I had (and still have) no way to think the situation into getting better. action is the only way, disciplined, dedicated action, done consistently. that is the way.

if anything I have learned how to stop thinking, at least when it doesn't benefit me. I have learned how to think when it does benefit me of course.

I guess that is one of the meta lessons of this experience. "what works, what doesn't work". We are asked to discard what doesnt work, and if we dont discard it we are doomed to carry it around FOR A LOT MORE TIME. and eugh, what a good opportunity to be rid of shit that doesnt work, even if it came at a high price of intense suffering and anxiety.

the experience strips us of so much and we are forced to find what really works and what has just been lip service all along.

also feel like mentioning I may be drunk rn. Listen to the drunk holy man, he says wise things sometimes.

Hey I got a question for someone who has been going through this for longer. I’m currently on month 9 and my symptoms have GREATLY improved since they first started but the only thing that still bothers me is it feels like a have brain fog and my cognition just isn’t as sharp as pre LTC. Plus I still get anxiety every now and then but nowhere near the 24-7 hell that it was when this first happened. How long does it usually take for the “brain fog” to go away?

Hey I got a question for someone who has been going through this for longer. I’m currently on month 9 and my symptoms have GREATLY improved since they first started but the only thing that still bothers me is it feels like a have brain fog and my cognition just isn’t as sharp as pre LTC. Plus I still get anxiety every now and then but nowhere near the 24-7 hell that it was when this first happened. How long does it usually take for the “brain fog” to go away?

it’s different for everyone, I wouldn’t try to compare your recovery to the next person as it might just give you more anxiety. As soon as I stopped worrying about “when” they would go away, they went away lol

it’s different for everyone, I wouldn’t try to compare your recovery to the next person as it might just give you more anxiety. As soon as I stopped worrying about “when” they would go away, they went away lol
I think that's the best advice too ,I remember I was suicidal because I was constantly thinking about it too ,hoping the next day I was gonna be OK or something,I was also timing my recovery based on other peoples recovery,not realising were all unique.

The brain fog went away when I just stopped thinking about it and obsessing over the fact I didn't feel myself,and surprisingly I became my old self again.

LTC is mental AF your brain reacts to what you feed it.

It may have a mental aspect, but that mental can also fuck the physical body.

the anxiety may start out mental, but very quickly it wrecks the balance in the body and causes some pretty severe physical issues.

havent posted here in a long time. im about 2 years and 8 months into recovery. although im not fully better, I feel more normal than abnormal. Im currently in grad school with a 4.0 GPA. For all those in worry, you will very slowly but surely recover, and you can still be a functioning member in society.

I'm 2 years and 4 months into my recovery.

I've always had trauma in my life and this LTC served to make all my traumas worse. The bad side is that I suffered greatly.

the silver lining is that all my suffering became visible, and now that I can see it I can work with it.

In the past month I have felt demons arise from my past that I was never able to touch before. The depth of my healing is reaching a new level and I am rooting out old evils and getting rid of them for good.

The LTC made me suffer like never before, but it also showed me where I was suffering. Places that were invisible before.

and the LTC showed me the warrior within me, the part of me that is always wanting to rise to the challenge. Without the LTC, I fear I may have just gone living a mediocre life and silently repressing all my trauma over and over. The LTC served to put all my trauma in front of me and to give me a choice, fall down and be broken, or rise up and evolve.

I choose to evolve. Over and over again, everytime I am challenged, I rise and grow and evolve. I thank myself for that, and for the LTC for providing the meeting ground for me to meet myself.

havent posted here in a long time. im about 2 years and 8 months into recovery. although im not fully better, I feel more normal than abnormal. Im currently in grad school with a 4.0 GPA. For all those in worry, you will very slowly but surely recover, and you can still be a functioning member in society.
This is very true however, for me I still struggle with higher levels of thought, my sleep isn't a restful as before, and a few other issues. I am currently in rolled in my undergrad degree and hopefully I will be able to graduate by the end of next year.

I'm back! 3 years in now. After starting with SSRI in 2018 things went much better and after a year I did quit the SSRI. Up until a few weeks ago everything was way better then before. Still my mental functions weren't 100%, more like 60% and I still had some fatigue. The last few weeks I'm having a hard setback and I don't know the reason, I'm mentally exhausted and unable to function at work. Maybe I'll get back using an SSRI. I'd hoped after 3 years I would be back to normal but I think I need a couple more years.

Ladies and gentlemen :) don't wanna bring any negativity, but quick question... Any one of you who had bad memory issues, but now fine?

There's zero improvement there for me, everything else is alright.

This is very true however, for me I still struggle with higher levels of thought, my sleep isn't a restful as before, and a few other issues. I am currently in rolled in my undergrad degree and hopefully I will be able to graduate by the end of next year.
What do you mean higher levels of thought? Elaborate?

Yes, I had terrible memory issues, now it is way better. I worked hard at improving my memory via diet, exercise, meditation, and mental stimulation.

Do you consider it solid gain? Just hard for me to imagine after 3 years having bad memory and those lifestyle changes to fix it.

Hello everyone! My first post here =)
I'm 25 years old, male, from Russia.

My introduction to MDMA happened in 2015. Then I did 1.5g in 2 days and felt disgusting for a week after that. I have been waking up at 12:00 and falling asleep at 17:00. But fortunately, I was back to normal.

After that, I didn't do MDMA for a year. All my next uses (with the exception of a couple when I did about 1g per night) were fairly rational. I usually took 1-2 tablets every 1-2 months. Sometimes the periods were longer, sometimes shorter. Also from October 2018, I started occasionally using mephedrone in clubs.

The real problems started during my abuse period between May and September of 2019. Here is a complete list of usage cases:

26.05.2019 – 1 pill + 0.7g of mephedrone
13.07.2019 – 2g of MDMA (snorting) + 0.5g of coke in one night. I know how stupid it is =( I hate myself everyday for never researching right dosages for the drugs…
27.07.2019 - 23.08.2019 – 0.5g to 0.8g of mephedrone a night every weekend
21.08.2019 – 0.5 of mephedrone with alcohol. Last time I did any drugs.

I want to add that in most cases I was overheated because I danced all night.

During this period, I also did a lot of alcohol and nicotine.

It's important to note that I was quite depressed before this period. I had just finished a toxic six-year relationship, closed my business, and had trouble finding myself.

My symptoms during that period:
- Depression. I wanted to cry all the time. Drug abuse was a way to escape from this condition.
- Terrible problems with concentration. It became difficult for me to listen to people and studying.
- Libido disappeared. The need for sex has completely disappeared.
- Anhedonia. I can describe it like a lack of joy.

Most of the physical symptoms were added when I started having terrible anxiety after learning about neurotoxicity. So, they are more related to anxiety itself, rather than LTC.

What symptoms are there now:
- Libido is still at zero point
- I don't enjoy my life like before

I don't feel like I'm making progress with these two issues. And this is the reason why I periodically fall into depression. I'm afraid I'll never be able to enjoy life again. I used to be funny guy and had a lot of energy, but I don't have that anymore.

Is there any chance that it will get better?

P.S.: I wish a speedy recovery to everyone here
P.P.S.: Sorry my horrible English =)

Hi all!
I'm now 17 months in.
Still struggling with anxiety, panic attacks, bouts of depression and some other symptoms.
Hard to say if I made any progress at all.
I was on on antidepressants for two months and quit them cold turkey, which probably put me back quite a bit.

I just wanted to thank everyone who comes back to report about their progress and give some reassurance that healing is possible.
It means a lot!