• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

As I tried to explain I don?t think the issue is my eye but the connection between my brain and my eyes. I can see everything its just slower.

As I tried to explain I don?t think the issue is my eye but the connection between my brain and my eyes. I can see everything its just slower.

Also it is worse for me when I step outside. Like walking into a new world with slow motion vision.

Ive had the same issue and it?s gone with time.I think (but not sure) all this psychosomatic symptoms depends of the serotonin level in your brain.Before starting the SSRI I was like in the movie with slow motion,but these days everything going well.

Year,year and a half is necessary to get back normal level of serotonin in the brain.

What do you think?Is it true or not?

Guys, nearly 6 years in. Happened at EDC 2013 in Vegas when I did MDMA for first time.

Bigget issue was severe insomnia. To this day, still have severe insomnia. Any one found a fix for this? All other issues I had were resolved within 2-3 years time by being on an SSRI. But the Insomnia remained.

Also it is worse for me when I step outside. Like walking into a new world with slow motion vision.
Ive had the same issue and it?s gone with time.I think (but not sure) all this psychosomatic symptoms depends of the serotonin level in your brain.Before starting the SSRI I was like in the movie with slow motion,but these days everything going well.

Year,year and a half is necessary to get back normal level of serotonin in the brain.

What do you think?Is it true or not?
So do you think that SSRI cured you?

Guys, nearly 6 years in. Happened at EDC 2013 in Vegas when I did MDMA for first time.

Bigget issue was severe insomnia. To this day, still have severe insomnia. Any one found a fix for this? All other issues I had were resolved within 2-3 years time by being on an SSRI. But the Insomnia remained.

what other symtoms did you have that resolved?

So do you think that SSRI cured you?
I?m not saying that just SSRI helped me,but in the beginning I was the same as I said.Ive started it on month 3 and keep taking it.To be honest after 4,5 months I seen some big difference,even sometimes think ?Do I still have derealization or its completely gone?,because its still strange to live normal as before.

Is there anyone who recovered from black floaters?

Sorry for my english guys,I hope you understand. :)

Antoni, good news is that if you're questioning if you do or don't have something then in its worst case is a mild form.

Your positivism was your best friend nso far. :)

Why some people have cognitive impairment and others don't? What's your thought on this folks.

@zeroluck - who knows man. The human body is incredibly complex and it varies with each person.

Probably has something to do with anxiety and depression.

I was thinking as well that it has to do with anxiety and depression, but this doesn't explain that the severity impact was in the first days of ingesting the MDMA, back then I didn't have any anxiety or depression, which makes me afraid that it's worse than originally thought.

Good news is that lately I start feeling like being closer and closer to my old-self... the nightmare start feeling like a dream with every day that passes. I've just made 2 year mark, but very confident that if I start living healthy I can finally put everything behind me.

Afraid that its worse than originally thought. That is clearly an anxious thought. If you know you have anxiety issues, how come you don't just ignore the anxious thoughts like that? Believing them wont do you any good.

what difference does it make to think about what is already done? It doesn't change anything at all about what happened. It only makes you more miserable right now. So just choose to not believe the anxiety and depression thoughts, thats a really good way to combat them. Hear them but don't believe them.

Google substance induced anxiety disorder. It matches all the LTC symptoms and its common for it to last for years without treatment. Some people have cured it in 3-6 months with intensive therapy and medication. Still though, it will clear up on its own after a few years.

I'm just realistic, it doesn't explain why I had cognitive impairment before any anxiety. The anxiety is coming from my legitimate worries.

I'm just realistic, it doesn't explain why I had cognitive impairment before any anxiety. The anxiety is coming from my legitimate worries.

Elaborate please. What do you mean by realistic, what are some examples?

what cognitive impairment before any anxiety, please be more clear.

what legitimate issues? Like legitimate issues with appropriate responses? or like its a legitimate issue but your response is blown way out of proportion?

what did the cognitive impairment before the LTC feel like? what's it like now? whats the difference?

My cognitive impairment includes bad concentration (short attention spawn), and bad short-term memory, slow complex thought processing and etc.

I mean they've been present before I had anxiety in the first days of my ltc.

Been reading countless cases where people have the exact same symtoms regardless of having anxiety. So the hypothesis that it's just anxiety is complete bs to me.

Anxiety is just another symtom originating from the main source of our issues which is unknown.

Been observing that people with ltc start convincing themselves some scenarios as coping mechanism, alike with religious people who can't fill the void for their questions.

Been thinking that maybe the regrowing axons replacing the damaged ones are communicating faulty between the synapses.

If that's the case it will explain why the brain needs so long to recalibrate itself and build new understanding of normality.

My opinion is absolutely the same as lionheart90! When I have been starting to treat myself with medication for anxiety, I feel better and better every single day. I can?t find the logic as well,but it works.
Even can tell you how was my memory first two months.I remember that I was in the shower and put shampoo on my head and after like 2 mins I asked myself ?Did I wash my hear?? haha.Now can say that I could learn new things and my memory skills are close to 100%.