• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA or MDA + DMT

i smoked DMT while coming down from rolling and had one of the most introspective trips in my life. i actually wrote about it here on BL.

it killed the comedown and put me to sleep :).

i smoked DMT while coming down from rolling and had one of the most introspective trips in my life. i actually wrote about it here on BL.

it killed the comedown and put me to sleep :).

Your trip sounded scary and a little negative

OMFG I have just done MDMA + DMT and NOTHING could prepare me for the complete sensory overload that was the experience.

To put it into context I had taken one and a half blue cry later's at about 11pm last night, then another half at around 1am - I had been rolling nicely all night with my wife, she was rolling to. at about 5.30 I was pretty much off the roll and feeling that semi sleepy but chilled feeling after a roll and not sleeping and I thought fuck it, I'm feeling good I will try a dmt hit or 2. - I have smoked dmt 4 or 5 times prior and had 3 breakthroughs so I thought I knew what to expect.

Its dark and quiet out at this time of the morning (5.30am) so I go and get a comfy chair and sit in the back garden. All I can hear is birdsong. I loaded a good 50mg into my pipe and lit her up. first toke I held down for as long as I could then took a big 2nd hit......

WHAM - everything went to rats shit. I had the most immense buzzing through my whole soul and what I can only describe as metallic creatures talking/singing/shouting to me in some weird as fuck buzz/whine that was so loud, so damn loud. The intense vibration that ripped into my world?. I don't know. explosions of colour all going at a thousand miles an hour. the creatures leaning in and "talking" to me. it was so fast and so hectic - I was sat bolt upright. jaw locked so tight. Then I became aware that I was breathing so fast and hard, it was all I could do to hold on to the complete sensory overload. I couldn't take anything in. I have candy flipped before and done NOS on acid, but this was something else. it was like an orgasmx1000. but so strong I just cud do nothing.

I will say it again. Nothing can prepare. I have never felt so unprepared in all my life. would I do it again - well once it all wore off I had another little DMT hit that paled in comparison but was still absolutely exquisite. and another after that.

I'm done now. pretty tired but glad I experienced it.

edit - If you are not an experienced psyconaught then I don't recommend it for a fist time experience to DMT. it really was so powerful it was off key and that was right at the end of my roll. I couldn't begin to imagine what it might be like if I was peaking. FUCK THAT!

Last edited:
Apparently MDMA reduces the chance of getting a bad trip on DMT.

If anyone would like some more information reguarding dmt in specific, please message me directly, i have an amazing source of "information" that i am unable to post due to the rules and restrictions of bluelight

Apparently MDMA reduces the chance of getting a bad trip on DMT.

That seems to be mostly the case, according to anecdotes. But I still want more evidence, I guess.

I've heard it increases the neurotoxicity of MDMA?

I've heard it increases the neurotoxicity of MDMA?

Where did you hear that? Never heard of tryptamines increasing the speculated(?) MDMA neurotoxicity, apart from possibly the likes of AMT/similar.

Last edited:
Where did you hear that? Never heard of tryptamines increasing the speculated(?) MDMA neurotoxicity, apart from possibly the likes of AMT/similar.

mdma's 5-ht2a agonism is definitely the cause of its neurotoxicity:

MDMA neurotoxicity was completely prevented by pre-treatment with a 5-HT(2A)-receptor antibody,

However, it has to be said that

(I) neurotoxcity only happens at the human equivalent of at least 400mg mdma in one go (but actually more like 800mg in one go)

(II) tryptamines are generally also 5-ht1a agonists, which antagonizes their neurotoxic 5-ht2a effects, since 5-ht1a agonists are neuroprotective, because they reduce glutamatergic neurotransmission, while 5-ht2a agonists increase it

source:
Ecstasy induces apoptosis via 5-HT(2A)-receptor stimulation in cortical neurons.

Last edited:
mdma's 5-ht2a agonism is definitely the cause of its neurotoxicity:

However, it has to be said that

(I) neurotoxcity only happens at the human equivalent of at least 400mg mdma in one go (but actually more like 800mg in one go)

(II) tryptamines are generally also 5-ht1a agonists, which antagonizes their neurotoxic 5-ht2a effects, since 5-ht1a agonists are neuroprotective, because they reduce glutamatergic neurotransmission, while 5-ht2a agonists increase it

source:
Ecstasy induces apoptosis via 5-HT(2A)-receptor stimulation in cortical neurons.

Oh wow, so DMT reduces MDMA's neurotoxicity?

Just my 2cents on this: if looking to get pre-flight fear relief, look into low dose mind-clearing good 'ol LSD and meditation and smoke DMT on the 3-6th hour depending on the desired intensity. 4-HO-EPT showed itself in a similar fashion as LSD for me in regards that it reduces the self-induced fear of ego disintegration.

MDMA is too damn emotional for me and I never wanted really to combine it with DMT.

Smoked DMT might be interesting on the tail end of MDA IMO, but it's my personal preference I guess 8)

That sucks because I thought MDMA would be good for reducing my fear

It does thats why kandy flipping is so nice it seems to chill out the trip. Same with dmt but honestly ive never had fear on it before. Always just a comfortable familiar feeling, like a baby being held by its mother. My experiences with mixing smoked dmt (natural toad dmt) and mdma were always very pleasant it seems to increase the visuals of the dmt a shit load and is at the same time very comfortable and nice.

MDxx and DMT combine amazingly. mdma and mda definitely reduce the fear aspect. I think there is one thing that most people fail to realize though which is probably why people are calling it scary or sensory overload or too much. You don't need nearly as much DMT if your already on another psychedelic.

I did mdma years ago one time and it really did nothing to me i was surprised was like i didnt take it. How is it normally when its right are you in control of what your doing. My interest in psychedelics have really increased now that my pain receptors are not being filled synthetically anymore.

Very interesting. One day I had done a varying amount of substances .. k in the morning ..2 gel tabs of lsd and 2 drops of "mushroom tincture".. and then last but not least the biggest tokes of my life of DMT .. during my experience I layer back and felt my mind and physical being sucked into a vortex of what seemed like sunlight .. I will not go further into the excursion itself but was most peculiar was my being afterwards. After the DMT experience I was literally no longer tripping. All other substances I had taken prior literally had no affect over me. I walked in silence almost eerily , I was not in pain, I was not in wonder, I was not of anything at all. For once in my life I felt as if every single thing was just ok. I was no longer trembling as I was before, I was no longer sweating, I took my time walking mindfully and sat by our fire near the river. For days after this I felt this way. Not numb but like a numbness that was ok . Nothing upset me, made me mad, or confused me. I was very grateful for this experience. It allowed me to truly enjoy my presence as well as everything else around me.

The DMT Gods do not like the mixing of other chemicals with the exception of LSD in which they created. In all seriousness the only time I have ever seen anyone have a weird or bad time it was when mixing with some other chemicals, alcohol and X in specific. For true mind expansion nothing should be clogged only opened.