• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA=no desire for alcohol?

bigmac74 said:
I think MDMA allows you to appreciate life more and makes you think of alcohol as something that just blurs the beauty of the world, that's my opinion anyway.

I think that expresses what has happened to me. I no longer want to feel the alcohol haze that even a few drinks can evoke. Although I have never regretted any actions while intoxicated, I still feel a loss of control. With MDMA you *seem* to have more control. I can allow myself to free my mind of everyday stress, feel the music in a new and different way, understand and explore my emotions and reflect on them later.

Now that I have explored MDMA seriously for a period, I have been considering K in the future.

Yeah i have lowered my alcohol intake since ive been on MDMA, i see it as just trading one bad habbit for another.

I have been off Pills for quite some time now, so ive taken drinking back up.

I love em both, but I love most drugs so that's probably why... :\

i tend to stay away from alcohol while i'm under the influence of any drug (except weed) but that's just my preference. i've thought about trying it but i just don't see the need for it.

i have no desire to drink all that much anyway, really. sure, i'll go out with friends to a bar/club and drink but it's not like i want to do it every day. MDMA certainly hasn't had any effect of my desire for alcohol.

Last edited:
I tend to occasionally have a few drinks with my friends after a night of rolling as a bit of a cap to the night -- a tradition of sorts. I don't often drink otherwise.

I prefer to drink on the comedown, but not while I'm rolling. My stomach is too sensitive while I'm rolling to drink ANYTHING, hell, I'll throw up just by drinking water...

And as for drinking before hand, I find that it decreases my roll partly because I can't remember as much...I dunno, just me

Champagne on a comedown is beautiful though

Voodoochild870 said:
That's not necessarily true if you're drinking alone. Infact, if someone is drinking by themselves I would think the last thing on their mind is "Everybody else is doing it". But of course anyone who drinks alone has problems and is an alcoholic so ignore what I just said :p

And man, this thread makes me appreciate the fact that I don't get alcohol hangovers (don't even know what it feels like), but HATE the fact that my E hangovers are starting to get worse each time (except last weekend; I actually had a very nice afterglow the following days)

Well yeah drinking alone is abit different. Like I said some people drink it for an escape, but then you get a nasty hangover(much worse than what E would give you) so where's the fun? I drink alone soemtimes though I have to say, but I'm not an alcoholic! Bloody stereotypes. :D

I used to drink, probably a little nearly everday and get completely drunk on the weekends - but now after e... didn't drink for six months, got drunk the other day - and I don't think I'll do it again. It's such a sloppy feeling...

I have experienced the same thing, for a while when I was rolling every weekend there was no need for me to get drunk. All though I seem to enjoy drinking a couple beers before dropping. For some reason it always seems to hit me harder that way. What evidence is there that it impedes your roll?

I have been taking a break from rolling and in this time period I have realized I do not get as trashed as I once used to. I used to get full out sloppy fucking drunk every weekend but for the last month I just haven't had the urge to.

Weird thing is it seems as I get further and further from the last time I dropped I am more likely to get sloppy again. I am thinking what people are saying is right, after rolling a lot, getting drunk just isn't really the same, theres no need to be incontrolably intoxicated. At the same time the further the memory is of what that feels like the more likely you are to get extremely wasted. This weekend was pretty crucial with the alcohol.

Damn I want to drop a pill but I'm holding off until july, the beches of maui!

Rollin' is so much better, last longer, more intense buzz, less expensive and no hangover.

ill take an alcohol hangover over the after effects of mdma any day. i can drink like a fish and wont be hung over in the morning.

I have had one alcohol hangover when I was perhaps 22? It was the most terrible experience of my life. I don't know why I don't get them, I have drank enough on different occasions.

When I use MDMA sometimes I have drink an hour or two prior to dropping. I never drink during the course of my roll or on the comedown. I have not experienced any type of comedown symtoms except prior to obtaining my testing kit and having what I presume to be a speedy/meth pill(s) which made it very difficult to even attempt to fall asleep.

My biggest point was, since my intial use of MDMA, I don't desire alcohol at all. My taste for it seems to be dimished almost 100%. It's been a month now since I last used MDMA and won't have the chance to use again due to extreme work demands for several months. I guess we shall wait and see if my taste for alcohol returns or if my desire for MDMA increases. Lately, I have been consuming more of my benzo's for sleep and strees. I used to only use them 1-3 times a week and it's been everyday, often 2-3 times a day on my off days. Luckily, they are just .05 mg Alprazolam.

I went through the same thing, except, I didnt really drink alcohol, I was more of a bud smoker, but when I started rolling often, I had lost my desire to smoke pot. No clue as to why, but, I can relate!

Even with work stress right now, no desire for alcohol. I really want to drop a nice clean dose of MDMA, but currently there is not the time or occasion to do so. I can't wait until the *right* time comes along. Even after my first time, I had experiences that were better/and or better in a different way than the first time.

*Drools* in anticipation:)

i drank a little dose of alcohol last night like 1 or 2 hs before dropping the E and it was awesome, i was happy before dropping and the E boosted my happiness and talkativity to extreme levels

(sorry for my bad english)

i took a shot of tequila while rolling one time... blew me up but the taste was horrible

I don’t think I have lost the desire to drink after being introduced to E. I just think I now realise that ‘being drunk’ kinda sucks.

beachbum said:
Now that I have explored MDMA seriously for a period, I have been considering K in the future.

Mate dont even think about it at all i accdently had it in a crap bix i bought and it had traces of K in it and i was fucked off my head full screwed me up everything became fast and i was paranoid and i felt as if i couldnt control the situation at all and i thought i was going to die i went out side my friends house on to the road and started walking around in circels breathing hard with my hands on my head saying in rain and then my friend came out side and asked wat i was doing and i said im thinking!

Need i explain more!

thizzSantaCruz said:
ill take an alcohol hangover over the after effects of mdma any day. i can drink like a fish and wont be hung over in the morning.

Same here

FREEDEE said:
Mate dont even think about it at all i accdently had it in a crap bix i bought and it had traces of K in it and i was fucked off my head full screwed me up everything became fast and i was paranoid and i felt as if i couldnt control the situation at all and i thought i was going to die i went out side my friends house on to the road and started walking around in circels breathing hard with my hands on my head saying in rain and then my friend came out side and asked wat i was doing and i said im thinking!

Need i explain more!

Man, don't tell him not to do it cause you didn;t like it. Ketamine is an awesome drug, and if he reads up on it, and knows the dosage, effects, etc. I think he'd be fine.