• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA=no desire for alcohol?

beachbum

Bluelighter
I have noticed since the first time I used MDMA (over the age of 30) that I no longer want or desire alcohol at all. I never abused alcohol before, just the usual social consumption, major party festivities, cocktails with friends, wine/beer with dinner. I used to enjoy and look forward to that Friday evening martini with friends and now I have no desire or interest for it at all. I am chasing a different high?

I went through a period of using MDMA 1-4 times a month for roughly six months but never faced tolerance issues, come downs, or any other negative problems I had read about. I have never used any other drugs besides prescription benzo's here and there for sleep.

Any thoughts?

I feel the same way. I used to drink anywhere between once and three times a week and now I haven't had any alcohol in over 7 weeks. I never abused alcohol either but I just think the high from MDMA is much better and the hangover isn't as bad for me (apart from lack of sleep).

Im just on an alcohol break at the moment :)

I used to love alcohol (still do actually). After rolling i've found that i don't like alcohol any less, its just that e is a much more amazing experience.

I still love to get drunk, its a great way to fill in the weekends 'til ur next roll, plus drinking while rolling is great.

o yea, this is my first post%)

Yep Im pretty much the same Beachbum.........I do still drink from time to time but even the ammount being consumed when I do drink is much less.

I used to feel like that when I first started rolling. I did drink less, but I did roll more lol. Now I'm a full-blown booze hound. I attribute that to going a Europe trip last summer with 40 kids however, that trip made me an alcoholic.

I think MDMA allows you to appreciate life more and makes you think of alcohol as something that just blurs the beauty of the world, that's my opinion anyway.

I love alcohol. I love ecstasy.

The other day I was rolling and got drunk (first time I did that combo). I've found a new love :D

well to be honest here in Ireland everyone rolls while drunk,but ever since joining this forum it seams hardly anyone on here has alcohol while rolling been told you lose the effect...so i am going to put it to the test when i next roll going to limit myself to just a few cans of beer.

well to be honest here in Ireland everyone rolls while drunk

Haha well what doesn't an Irish person do drunk?! Har har har I'm only joking ;).

Anyways, I live in the States, so everyone (minus a few) that I know don't even think about rolling while drunk. A lot of people will roll, and get drunk on the comedown, but most think alcohol will get rid of E's effects, hence using it on the comedown.

I however, found it to be pretty enjoyable, but nauseous (was on the verge of puking once, but never did luckily). I can see myself doing it again, but not very often. I had a slight speech impediment the day after (slurred words) . I never had anything like that happen the day after doing any drugs, but this was pretty noticable :\

Maybe next time I'll drink less

I've rolled while drunk pleeeeeeeeenty of times (with the drunkness being the reason I decided to roll :p ).

I actually enjoy the combo but only a little buzzed. I've taken E while being hammered and the experience is blurry as fuck and kind of worthless. You barely feel the roll for what it is and you can't remember shit.

I enjoy dropping my pills with my first beer and having like 2 or 3 more after that at most. Those rolls are always the shit.

man, i am feeling this way right now. i used to drink just about every other day. i used to love getting drunk on weekends too and all that good stuff. when i started using e, my love for alchohol almost completly dissappeared. now when i go out to eat, i cant enjoy my glass of wine like i used to with my meal, i dont feel like going to parties where all theyre doing is drinking cuz i wont have any fun, and just drinking at home has stopped for the most part. no joke, sometimes alchohol makes me gag at the thought of it.....its just......gross?!

the same thing happened to me. I used to love drinking but my desire and appreciation for alcohol was greatly reduced ever since i did e. makes me wonder how good ecstasy is at treating addictions alcohol and otherwise.

I'm pretty much the same as this, i've never really like alcohol anyway but MDMA has just made me realise even more why alcohol is not that good a drug. I agree with what bigmac said, that's exactly right for me. E makes you appreciate things more, alcohol does exactly the opposite and turns you into a seflish arrogant fuck most of the time, if you have too much that is. And most people normally do.

beachbum said:
Any thoughts?

heh! A lot of people I know - myself included - feel the same way about alcohol. It seemed to be the norm to get drunk at least once a week, but since discovering MDMA a few years ago, we probably only do that about 4 or 5 times a year now.

Persoanlly, I don't see the point of drinking. It doesn't taste nice, it makes me feel sick, the high is boring and the mornings after are horrible - my hangovers last a week nowadays!

I too much prefer to roll than drink alcohol. Maybe some wine with dinner, but not so much when clubbing. With MDMA I feel happy and can remember everything and don't feel like crap the next day.

7zark7 said:
heh! A lot of people I know - myself included - feel the same way about alcohol. It seemed to be the norm to get drunk at least once a week, but since discovering MDMA a few years ago, we probably only do that about 4 or 5 times a year now.

Persoanlly, I don't see the point of drinking. It doesn't taste nice, it makes me feel sick, the high is boring and the mornings after are horrible - my hangovers last a week nowadays!

The only point in drinking is that 'everybody else does it'. Trust me, that's the only reason. Ok, it can allow you to escape for a while, i'll accept that, but then you end up with a massive hangover. Where's the fun in that? 8)

(I dont mind drinking every now and then, just don't feel like drinking myself stupid with all my mates just because 'they do it to')

I used to drimk a bottle of wine every weekend along with a good 6 pack, but now I am no longer interested in getting pissed. E is way better. The problem with e is that inlike alcohol, you can't do e every weekend (unless you want to lose the magic). So I alternate between the two.. ie have e weekend one weekend, and then alcohol weekend for the next 3 or 4. :D

SmC said:
The only point in drinking is that 'everybody else does it'. Trust me, that's the only reason. Ok, it can allow you to escape for a while, i'll accept that, but then you end up with a massive hangover. Where's the fun in that? 8)

That's not necessarily true if you're drinking alone. Infact, if someone is drinking by themselves I would think the last thing on their mind is "Everybody else is doing it". But of course anyone who drinks alone has problems and is an alcoholic so ignore what I just said :p

And man, this thread makes me appreciate the fact that I don't get alcohol hangovers (don't even know what it feels like), but HATE the fact that my E hangovers are starting to get worse each time (except last weekend; I actually had a very nice afterglow the following days)