Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(MDAI)+(Methylphenidate) The Uncanny Valley

lineartransform

Bluelighter
Wanted to try out MDAI with a DRI in the hope of finding that fabled "non neurotoxic MDMA" - as MDAI with another DRI has shown no changes in monoamine levels a week after usage in rats versus MDAI+amph and MDMA.

0:00 - 150mg MDAI dissolved in 30mL of vinegar, mixed in orange juice, swallowed. Not quite as bad as I thought. 36mg methylphenidate (from Concerta, outer coating sucked off, plastic removed, inner material crushed slightly) taken orally as well.

Things started to take off at around the half hour mark, rather speedy to start but then the MDAI kicked in and things got a bit smoother. Would suggest perhaps taking the MDAI a bit earlier.

Boosted with 9mg MPH and 20mg MDAI at 2:30.

In terms of "is this a MDMA replacement" - I don't know. If you gave this to a naive user with no experience and had them describe what they felt they'd tick off a majority of MDMA-style indicators - chatty, feel good, etc, etc but there's still something missing here.

This feels like "grounded" MDMA - while MDMA seems to minimize my ego and allow me to express things in a completely different way, this just seems like your ego is on its best behaviour.

I don't know really how to describe it - I react rather well to MPH so perhaps this is a contributor.

Thanks for the report. I've been meaning to try MDAI with d-amp. I don't have a good understanding of the difference between MPH and d-amp but having taking both on their own I'd imagine d-amp has more of what MDAI is missing as a good entactogen. Maybe I'll give it a whirl with MPH:)

I do enjoy MDAI on its own though.

amphetamine is a DA/NE releaser, while mph is only a reuptake inhibitor. There's plenty more info on the ADD board.

One of the theories of MDMA neurotoxicity is that it is the combination of a strong serotonin releaser and strong DA releaser that does the damage. So, by this theory, MDAI + d-amp would have the same issue with neurotoxicity.