• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Maximum safe dose for tapentadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
I take 800mg tapentadol per day for chronic neuropathic pain but I wanted to abuse this medication by taking more to get high and I was wondering, in one sitting, what is the maximum safe dose I can take? I want to know what dose I can take without risking permanent damage.

I?m not familiar with tapentadol but i am very famailiar with tramadol. Both of these drugs are said to lower the seizure threshold, that would be my main concern when increasing your dose.

You should do a little of your own research into the maximum daily dose of tapentadol and at what doses it?s likely to cause seizures. I?m sure the last thing you want is to suddenly blackout and have a grand mal seizure.

Last edited:
I believe it is correct to say that these drugs lower the seizure threshold but we knew what you meant of course. :)

From Wikipedia (I know, not the greatest source but it'll do for this purpose):

Wikipedia said:
Medications such as the antidepressant and nicotinic antagonist bupropion (Wellbutrin, Zyban) and the atypical opioid analgesics tramadol (Ultram, Ultram ER, Ultracet) and tapentadol (Nucynta, Palexia, TAPAL) can lower the seizure threshold

With tramadol over 400mg you risk a seizure, tapentadol acts a little bit different from tramadol (the first is an opioid agonist, with low binding affinity to mu receptor, and SSRI properties; the second one is also an opioid agonist with a bit higher affinity to mu receptor and NSRI properties). 800mg daily i think its enough, dont upper your dose without consulting your doctor, or you risk a seizure like other BLs said.

Also if you adamant on upping your dose you should talk to your doctor about adding an antiepileptic to your regimen.

Or you could try switching to another pain med but i understand if you are hesitant to do that when tapentadol is already working good for you.

The highest tested dose for Tapentadol was 250mg and the highest trip report I found was 350mg. 800mg seems a bit extreme and while I don't think you're approaching the LD-50 I would strongly consider switching to a drug that doesn't have a ceiling due to NRI or seizure threshold issues. Secondly we don't really do "How much to get high" threads so I have to close this but I would speak with your physician about an adjuvant or different med. Please Stay Safe AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.