• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Maximizing euphoria of I.V. suboxone

Mango733

Greenlighter
So as any other addicts do, I usually will use for about a week then use sub on the off time for maintenance/financial reasons. Recently (I know this isn't the most healthy of practices) I have been shooting my suboxone IV. Being well read on this subject and having scoured countless threads about it I don't usually put over 1mg in my spoon to prep.

My question is this:

If the dose of 1mg IV bupe is keeping me well all day, and I can slightly feel some euphoria/analgesia, is it possible that upping the dose to say 1.5/2mg would produce a noticable difference in terms of euphoria on the drug?

I have heard the "less is more" theory about subxone (particularly via IV route) but I guess I am figuring that 2mg would not be enough to exceed the "low dose" point, and might actually produce a more noticeable high/effect.

For the record I have been doing roughly 100mg of morphine IV a day for a while now. I am really on and off with opiates but I definately "feel" this 1mg.. not nodding or anything but I can tell its in me.

You don't literally use a spoon, do you? Use a sterile cooker, they're handed out at the exchange.

Can't speak on the euphoria.

You feel 1mg of bupe IV? Yet you bang 100mg Morphine?

I find the bupe high dies out it's purely maintence which it's good for.

You feel 1mg of bupe IV? Yet you bang 100mg Morphine?

I find the bupe high dies out it's purely maintence which it's good for.

Yeah it's mostly for maintenance but I definitely can distinguishably feel a bit of euphoria on it.. especially after WD starts clawing me.

I must admit though 100mg morphine is a big rush and decent nod for me IV.

And yes I do literally use a spoon (most sterile thing I can find I assume.. and I clean it thoroughly with each use). I thought this was common practice?

Spoons are very unsanitary to use. No one I know actually uses a spoon, that's some TV shit.

The needle scratches the metal creating these crevices that are too small for your eyes to see, but are a breeding ground for bacteria, regardless of how "thoroughly" you clean it. People don't actually use spoons in common practice...

Spoons are very unsanitary to use. No one I know actually uses a spoon, that's some TV shit.

The needle scratches the metal creating these crevices that are too small for your eyes to see, but are a breeding ground for bacteria, regardless of how "thoroughly" you clean it. People don't actually use spoons in common practice...

Well this is news to me though I have wondered if scraping the spoon causes and residual particles. All my buddies who shoot anything use spoons.. I dont have a needle exchange near me but is there any cheap over the counter alternatives to spoons?

Suboxone, at low doses and regardless of ROA, can most definitely provide a noticeable mood lift as well as euphoria. I've even nodded off before, when I tapered down to taking .5mg sublingually 2x/day.

There really isn't any "trick" to minimizing the euphoria though, except for tapering your dosage. Where you are now, I don't think that increasing your shot by .5-1mg will not provide that much more euphoria than your current dose of 1mg (which IMO is just around the ceiling dose for IV Bupe.) However, if you taper down to .25mg a shot or under, you will feel more euphoria (I can guarantee this), and adding an extra 100-150 micrograms will give you increased effects I have found. I still though, when I was on suboxone maintenance, preferred to stay at a single low dose. I definately could get more buzzed by taking extra, or using a stronger ROA when I was taking the strips sublingually, but I would always feel like I sort of let myself down the next day and be tempted to increase my dose again. For a consistent effect, all you can really do is taper down as low as possible.

If you're using bupe recreationally, you need to stay under 2mg sublingual, under 1mg insufflated, and even less of an amount if IV'ed.

This way, you're allowing norbuprenorphine, a powerful, full-agonist at the mu receptors (MOR), break through the low dosage of bupe, the dosage of which isn't high enough to outcompete norbupe at the MOR receptors, since bupe has a higher binding affinity at the MOR.

I would think a stainless steel spoon would be better than the bottom of an aluminum can.

I used to use the cap of a prescription bottle since when you get them they're sterile.
But you have to clean them with antibacterial soap and alcohol swabs and replace them frequently.

And keep in mind, they're called "cookers" but if you IV you should NOT be heating it at all.
Cold, sterile water is the safest.

I use a real spoon as does EVERYONE who IV's dope.

I do prefer the bottom of a full pop can though cause its a big "spoon" ands it very sturdy.

1mg IV sub sees like alot to me considering your only doing 100 morph shots.

never rely understood why so many people IV sub. Maybe if you have a needle fixation.

There is a difference to the effects IMO, if you've lowered your tolerance to a point where you can feel your suboxone/subutex. When I was really into injecting suboxone, I eventually tapered my dose to a point where I would even get a little rush out of y shots.

However, once I tried plugging Bupe, shooting it seemed silly.

what doses where you injecting that you could get a little rush? <1mg?

There is a difference to the effects IMO, if you've lowered your tolerance to a point where you can feel your suboxone/subutex. When I was really into injecting suboxone, I eventually tapered my dose to a point where I would even get a little rush out of y shots.

However, once I tried plugging Bupe, shooting it seemed silly.

Interesting, I am curious why you perfer plugging, I'm assuming to save your veins from hell. Anyhow yeah my tolerance hasnt had the biggest chance to build back up yet so these are doing the trick. Got an 8mg strip a couple days ago and have been chipping away at it.. probably still 6 or so left.

I too get a liiiiittle rush but I can't know for a fact it's not placebo.. I do know that after a .75mg IV I feel it 10 min later especially if im in WD. It is just a littlewarm glow reminiscent of full agonists but obviously not to that extent.

spoons are fine if you don't touch the needle to the spoon just stick the needle into the cotton and don't let it touch the spoon and you're golden but i still would rather use a cooker

I've never seen a "Sterile Cooker" in my life... i thought that was some tv shit... i've never seen anyone use anything other than a spoon or pop can.
412N999Z8SL._SX425_.jpg
WAM-BAM!!!

Old thread, but ya lower dose more euphoria...but it's hell on the veins probly so get a micron filter or filter more than once... I know people say ya don't need more than 4mg, but while on maintaince I think it's important to have a blocking dose in ya(at 4mg its easy just to wait a day or so then go out & use, or for me it is but trying to lower the dose to save meds) I did do this for a bit to save meds but then decided it wasn't worth it...trying to get clean don't wanna poke around trying to find a vein for suboxone, save em for something good, plus while doing it it also put me in addict mode again, I like dosing once a day and just going on about my day..it's wierd how different opiates are popular in differnt contries. In switzerland or finland bupe is supposedly big, also france I think, in the US people just are like Bupe sucks except to keep ya well, but there a lot of the times it's the Temgesic stuff that has micrograms in it in each pill, or Subtex, and I've never had subtex but after reading so many people say there is a difference between Suboxone and Subtex, I believe it now.

Hell yeah you will! And trust me you don't want that. I've accidentally sent myself into PW and it was the scariest experience of my life. I knew instantly something was very wrong. Wait until you're sick or 24 hours.