• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Marijuana

trinkiest

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I'm in a legal state and have been using pot (edibles) for pain re: a major spine reconstruction. I absolutely love the effects of Indica, helps enormously with spasms and sleep..but I'm experiencing severe diarrhea and nausea. For a year, now. Has anyone else found this reaction? Would switching delivery system to vaping help? Any info would be appreciated

Jax

Well, are your edibles something youre making on your own, or are they in package with the exact thc amount labelled? You could be taking too high of a dose. Its common with edibles to overshoot the amount you actually need fornthe desired effects and wind up feeling sick. Either way if you’re making your own or not, try cutting the amount you take in half and see how that goes. Easier to measure if prepackaged though.

There is also something called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome which is possible in your case. Its been shown in limited studies that antipsychotics like haliperidol and olanazapine can relieve symptoms completely. Benzos and regular antiemetics like gravol can help. So can a hot shower.

Main line of defense would be to reduce or stop using pot though if its making you feel this way.

Learning everyday... good to know about the effects of eating too much thc. I bought a mason jar of pretzel bites and not to be gross but I ate the whole thing - they were maple/bacon, com'on - and poop was like a flower garden. lol
Seriously didn't post to cause any reaction.

Well, are your edibles something youre making on your own, or are they in package with the exact thc amount labelled? You could be taking too high of a dose. Its common with edibles to overshoot the amount you actually need fornthe desired effects and wind up feeling sick. Either way if you’re making your own or not, try cutting the amount you take in half and see how that goes. Easier to measure if prepackaged though.

There is also something called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome which is possible in your case. Its been shown in limited studies that antipsychotics like haliperidol and olanazapine can relieve symptoms completely. Benzos and regular antiemetics like gravol can help. So can a hot shower.

Main line of defense would be to reduce or stop using pot though if its making you feel this way.
Thank you. I actually buy from a dispenser. Everything is labeled really well. I've definitely tried many different amounts/ strains. And types of edible. Tried hard candy, gummies, cookies, paste....😁. Pathetic. I haven't eaten any in 3 days and ALMOST was normal 2day. However it's sometimes pretty rough with nothing for pain but advil. I can get narcotics from my doc but...well.. just not a good way to live. I took them for 4 years. I just bought a vape pen (by advice), and will see if staying away from ingesting the oil/butter, will help. I can't really do it yet re: coughing but I'm working on it. I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Thank you

Learning everyday... good to know about the effects of eating too much thc. I bought a mason jar of pretzel bites and not to be gross but I ate the whole thing - they were maple/bacon, com'on - and poop was like a flower garden. lol
Seriously didn't post to cause any reaction.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now I want a pretzel...🤔