• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Manipulating the Effects of Salvia? Bad Trips?

N3419p

Greenlighter
Hi, I have tried Salvia probably 8 times and each time in a different setting, mood, and location. However every time I have taken it, it's always taken me back to the same scary place and feeling that I had the first time. All of my more experienced friends that have done it with me said that they have never had or even heard of the experience I am about to describe so I just wanted to here your thoughts and ways i could possibly make it more enjoyable.
So when I take a hit and hold it, the first effect is that my heart pumps so hard that it feels like it is about to explode, and with every heartbeat, there is a force that starts to shove at both of my shoulder blades (kind of like a pulsating fire hose shoving me forward very forcefully) Then my whole body begins to tilt to my left and my muscles tighten up, like I'm being forced into a spinning tunnel. What I find weird is that no matter how much I prepare myself and know whats coming before I take the hit, once it comes on, I feel completely unprepared. Even if I let go and try to give into Salvia, she's like, you messed up and now your stuck, which freaks me out. I wouldn't even care about doing it again but I have a bunch of 30x left that I don't want to waist and i feel like, under the right conditions, I could gain some pretty powerful insight from this plant. So if you guys have any ideas for keeping heart rate down or just turning a bad trip around please share and ill let you know how my next trip goes. Also I tried chewing on a bowl of it like a quid and it had no effects, but i feel like oral consumption would be more appealing. -Thanks!

You have anxiety tainting your trip, simple as that.
The come up of salvia can be VERY unsettling, the feeling like gravity is forcing itself down on you and your skin feeling all sweaty and warm like you just ran a mile.
IDK how to make it better, it's often not an enjoyable experience per se. I consider salvia a VERY interesting experience, but I could never see myself using it recreationally

Interesting - do you get the heart thing with any other smoked substances? Just wondering if it's your heart reacting to smoke going into lungs, which has happened to me a few times. Did it happen the first time? Possibly some anxiety involved, which would also increase heart rate? Also if you're holding your breath, suddenly your heart can think it needs to work harder as it's not getting any new oxygen? Just guesses on my part really.

I have not done Salvia for some time (though I have a huge amount of it I once acquired when I thought I would use Salvia a lot more than I did, and also in case of bans on sale) and I cannot recall anything happening with my heart, but the other aspects of the experience that you mention are familiar. Fire hose and hydrants seem to feature prominently, my legs have turned into hoses several times, and the twisting and tilting begins.

You say your friends haven't had the experience you describe - do you mean the heart bit or the other stuff too? I would find that a bit strange as it's pretty staple Salvia territory. What experiences have they had?

I think the key to getting good with Lady Salvia is letting go, and the tenseness in your muscles might be apprehension. I think on high dose extracts trying to control the trip is futile, it will suck you in whether you like it or not (unless you're a hard head).

As for feeling unprepared, I've experienced that too. I've probably been to Salvia Space a hundred times, and every breakthrough experience has begun with something like "Oh...shit here we go..." in my mind.

Do you have a sitter? It is recommended and can ease anxiety.

I wouldn't recommend using it just because you have some left, I think the Lady S would seriously fuck with you - it might be worth thinking about the reasons you want to go there and what you wish to learn.

Was it extract you chewed? In my experience that doesn't really work and you need the leaves!

(thank the VB/BL gods for autosave as I lost my post with some accidental key combination!)

Last edited:
Actually, I also notice an increase in heart pounding when I do Salvia. It's usually pleasant, but once in a blue moon it's a bit much.

30x is pretty strong. Have you tried taking it buccally / in a tea?