Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mandelin Reagent Result Question

CHINREES

Greenlighter
Today I bought Mandelin reagent and used it to test some of what I think is MDMA that they bought as 2g of rock. The results came out a little weird as is shown in the following link.

http://imgur.com/QMoFJHx
I immediately saw those dark blue streaks form followed by the standard Mandelin yellow colour fading to brown.
I think the reagent might have expired given that it was purchased from a sex-shop where it may have been sitting in the shelf for ages.

What do people think about the legitimacy of this MDMA? and the reagent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i edited your post because we don't do that posting-in-third-person thing on Bluelight. People tend to find it annoying, and it doesn't offer you any legal protection in regards to self-incrimination so please just say "i" :)
I don't know much about regeant testing MDMA but hopefully someone will be able to give you some good feedback.

Anyway, welcome.

Mandelin tends to be a little more shelf stable than other reagents such as Marquis.

You can test if it still works:
5-HTP – Reacts yellow
Aspirin - Reacts a very light green/grey

Not sure if you can get 5 HTP in OZ but at least you can get asprin.

You are looking for a dark blue (reagent supplier dependent) purple to black alert from MDMA.

Make sure you crush the sample as fine as possible and always drop the reagent onto the sample and not the sample onto the reagent. A matchhead amount is enough. Your result looks strange because their seems to be a very small amount of sample? Usually the whole reagent will quickly go dark purple black. Edit some reagent suppliers also list DARK BLUE. Check the reagent.

The alert / colour change should happen within 5 seconds, I usually find its pretty immediate for good stuff.

Be careful as you may have a mixed sample and a brown colour is definately not MD compound and could be PMA or PMMA. Lighter blues could well be RC.

I guess you couldn't get Marquis but personally I would recommend you do try to procure as its far more effective to distinguish MD compounds and usually you use Mandelin as additional verfication.

If it's not purple dark blue or black then send it back.

Last edited: