• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Man Seeking Woman

subutex_junkie

Bluelighter
Somewhat newer show on Fxx after "it's always sunny in Philadelphia", on Wednesdays at 10:30pm. It's hard to explain but basically it's about this average guy played by Jay Baruchel who is single and all the events of him trying to meet a girl and everything else in his life are shown metaphorically, for example, a literal force field being around an attractive female that stops Jay from getting through to chat but a more attractive, confident man is let through to talk with her instead.
I just have really enjoyed the metaphors used to portray certain moments in this show, especially with women, it reminds me of how it feels for me when I'm trying to pick someone up too! Anyone else on here find this series interesting too?

I'm an episode or 2 behind, but the two episodes I saw were really funny. Usually it takes a little while for shows to get into their groove. The first few episodes, especially the first time you see them are usually not that funny since you don't know the characters at all yet. These were off to a pretty good start though. I already thought Jay Baruchel was funny so I may be a bit biased.

In the second episode I thought the war room scene where they're trying to figure out what kind of text message he should send to the girl he met on the train was hilarious. Seems pretty creative so far with the over-the-top scenes that address the problems that come up with dating in 2015. Like in that war room scene when he's texting the girl and he asks her out for dinner. Then a clock starts going and after 12 of the longest seconds in history this general starts yelling for him to "Text JK! Text JK! You have to save face! Text JK!" That was so great and so true.

oh shit I really wanted to watch that..might get it online today...catch up.