Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Malaysia executes Nagaenthran Dharmalingam

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter

Malaysia’s Nagaenthran executed for drugs conviction in Singapore​

Al Jazeera
27 Apr 2022

Excerpts:
Nagaenthran Dharmalingam, a Malaysian with learning disabilities who was convicted of drug trafficking in 2010 and whose case attracted global attention, has been executed in Singapore’s Changi prison.

Naga, who was arrested after police found a bundle of 42.7 grammes (1.5 oz) of heroin strapped to his thigh, was hanged just before dawn on Wednesday, his family said.

The Malaysian’s execution came after the Court of Appeal immediately dismissed an effort by the 34-year-old’s mother to halt her son’s execution. The judges said her last-minute plea was “vexatious”.
Singapore also plans to hang Datchinamurthy Kataiah, another Malaysian convicted of drug offences, on Friday in what the OHCHR said appeared to be “an alarming acceleration in execution notices in the country”. Abdul Kahar Othman, a Singaporean also convicted of drug-related offences, was hanged on March 30, the first person to be executed by the country in two years.

At least three other men found guilty of drug-related offences, Roslan bin Bakar, Rosman bin Abdullah and Pannir Selvam Pranthaman, are at risk of imminent execution, according to the UN.

Full article here.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i get frustrated about drug policy here in the US, i try to remind myself that many people are still living under laws like these. i really should be more grateful

RIP to this young man