View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Making Changa or Using Pharmahuasca with MET/other Unsubsituted Tryptamines

KnowTheDose

Greenlighter
Hey PD, hope everyone is doing well! Just had a question for the more experienced tryptamine explorers about making changa or preparing pharmahuasca with unsubstituted tryptamines like MET, MPT, MiPT and/or DALT as the base rather than DMT. Any thoughts or experiences on it? I can't see anything that would make it more dangerous or significantly different than regular DMT but am open to other angles. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure you can find experience reports from people who did it with MET and DPT if you look around in their respective threads, or on erowid.

I have a hunch that MPT will be particularly suited for changa, but I'll find out soon, since I've got a gram of the freebase coming my way. =D

All I've ever read about DALT is that it's not very interesting or very potent at all, also, I never heard of any one smoking or taking MIPT with a MAOI. Honestly don't have that much fate in any of these as pharmahuascalogs. There's also EPT out in the wild, and I could sure imagine smoking that, as my one insufflated trial with the HCl was already very ayahuasca'ish/DMT'ish.

I'm pretty sure you can find experience reports from people who did it with MET and DPT if you look around in their respective threads, or on erowid.

I have a hunch that MPT will be particularly suited for changa, but I'll find out soon, since I've got a gram of the freebase coming my way. =D

What makes you say this exactly? Not questioning you, just curious. Does it have some physical property that makes it more amenable to a changa preparation than MET, you suspect? Either way, please keep us updated as this might change the decision I make as to which one I go with. Also, I'm looking for something that is less hardcore than DPT so I imagine that takes EPT out of the picture for me, at least for the moment.

And yeah, if DALT is anything like it's 5-methoxylated analogue, the fact that it's not interesting at all comes as no surprise to me.

Thanks for the info ^^

Note that MAOI's are only added to the mix when DMT is consumed orally because otherwise DMT would be rendered inactive by monoamine oxidase. So if the tryptamines you plan to use are already by themselves orally active, the MAOI's are dispensable. Though I can see the appeal of doing it despite that.

I guess you should be fine. The only case where you shouldn't be mixing them with MAOI's would be if they were already MAOI's themselves - as can be the case with some tryptamine such as αMT -, and at first sight they don't seem to be [though it doesn't hurt to make some research or at least experiment first].

Curiously, another tryptamine that Wiki also refers to as MET (alpha-methyl-N-ethyl) - but which is certainly not the one you have, as this one's not psychedelic - is definitely a MAOI and should not be mixed with other MAOI's.