Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Major, major, MAJOR kratom potentiator

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I'm only putting this in trip reports because I've had experiences akin to something that feels psychedelic-esque.
So at Walmart I bought Spring Valley 1500mg turmeric with 10mg bioperine, serving size 2 capsules. I've been taking this before my kratom lately and all the magic I got from doing it 6 years ago is back and it fucks me up all day. Ginger also surprisingly helps the body feel nice and soothed. I'm on antibiotics and have been taking it for upset stomach but I was pretty surprised when I noticed this, which was before the turmeric. Bioperine is basically a black pepper extract, or something.

Ingredients on the bottle word for word, some is probably redundant:
Turmeric powder (curcuma longa) (root): 1,350mg
Turmeric extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids, curcuma longa [root]): 150mg
Bioperine black pepper extract (standardized to 95% piperine) (piper nigrum), (fruit): 10mg
And then 1000mg of ginger root capsules, also Walmart Nature Valley brand. I think everything else above plays the main role, though.

In the past I've tried about every potentiator and only black seed oil has worked, though I found the potentiation overwhelming. I think it's good for managing tolerance in general, and I might want to give it another try now that I have pure thymoquinone powder but I don't think that's necessary. But yeah, I've tried white grapefruit juice, cimetidine, turmeric extract with black pepper mixed into my kratom (yuck), weed (overpowers the kratom mostly), L-theanine, magnesium glycinate which I do think does increase the effect a little but that's probably just from sedation from glycine. Magnesium glycinate is said to help keep tolerance lower. Gabapentin before dosing as well never did much.

But this? It's absolutely unreal. I'll be fucked up for up to 10 hours when I used to feel it for like, 2-3 max? The intensity of it lasts well over 6 and the next 4 hours it's still there and I'm nodding full on. Kratom hasn't done this to me in a long time as I mentioned. I didn't buy this turmeric form for kratom, rather because I've found it can help upset stomach and treat inflammation. I was using "curcuwin" before which I guess is way stronger than most turmeric, boasts 46x better absorption or something, but this one never potentiated kratom at all. Maybe because it's all extract and no real parts of the plant, I think.

Anyway, I've had these really trippy nods where I'm in a half awake, dreamlike state whilst feeling this incredibly warm and cozy feeling all over my body. It's typically very hard to not fall asleep, I end up going cross eyed while trying to read just about anything. Food used to usually kill the effects, sometimes a slight boost, but with this, nothing changes and if anything I get a slight boost even if it's 8 hours later, it actually gets to be too much. I take 6g on my days off and let me tell you this feels like 6g with zero tolerance, I've been floored every time I do this combo. On work days I just do 4, 4.5g, but even today I still noticed the effect a lot stronger and well after I'd gotten out I still felt it. Didn't feel any type of restless legs which sometimes happens around the evening if I don't do another gram or so, it really extends the effects by so much. It's kind of like high dose edibles in a way and I've often felt a dreamlike trance going on. It's been such a long time since it's done this to me.

Would highly recommend people try this particular turmeric product. I know turmeric and black pepper potentiate themselves but as I'd said I tried turmeric and pure black pepper in the past and it never really did much. I think maybe one time I felt 2g as if it were a bit more but that was once. This shit potentiates so incredibly well that it's unreal. I get that full kratom experience again that I've missed for years, that warmth, euphoria, nod. This is the only opioid I truly enjoy at the end of the day, I don't like harder stuff. Oxy feels nice but it feels dirty to me compared to kratom.

I'm on quite a bit of kava so I ended up writing a bit more than I wanted to, just wanted to share this in case anyone is curious about potentiating kratom or if anyone else has used this product. I've done kratom for a little over 6 years and this, without a doubt, is the most effective potentiator I've ever used. The ginger root does add something as well, definitely and seems to be talked about often but it only increases effects on the body high for me maybe 15%. The boost from this turmeric black pepper combo is like 10x the effects I'd normally get from 6g, which usually wasn't all that much and I'd end up doing a little more, sometimes feeling sick as a result. 7g is where I can start to feel shitty so I prefer to stay at 6g for my highest dose.

I remember years ago on the kratom boards that people were using turmeric to potentiate kratom. Never tried it. But that is a good endorsement for me to give a try. I have not tried the blackseed oil yet but soon. I am stuck at about 25 gr a day and would like to go lower and just get off. I don't get physical withdrawal to bad but the mental withdrawal is as bad as giving up nicotine. As we know nicotine withdrawal is not bad physically. In fact you feel better physically. But mentally giving up nicotine can be maddening.

May have to cut whatever I do right in half and use turmeric and black seed oil to ease off. Thanks for the write up Mac.

black seed oil definitely helps you lower doses because it tickles mu-opioid receptors some, a lot of people try it, but I get pure thymoquinone extract powder online now. Not everyone stomachs the oil the same, sometimes you can find actual seeds or capsules with seeds.

Interesting, at 25g if I would've stopped I can't imagine the physical withdrawals. When I'd only used it daily for 5 months back in 2017 and got up to 10g, I had uncontrollable tremors, joint pain, restless legs, arms, entire body really. I craved it mentally but not really that much, I just wanted the physical withdrawals to stop. One of the most hellish experiences I've been through. I did end up around 25g in mid 2019, I'd take 10g just to feel a tickle, but in retrospect it was a really, really bad strain. Totally brown, tasted stale, never did anything. I never go for "red vein" anymore because it's always so brown, but this was a white and was dirt. I've had some reds in the past that were totally green, not that I believe in the whole vein/strain scene but there are certainly some differences in different batches of kratom

What antibiotics are you on? Many of them are extremely potent cyp 3a4 or 2d6 inhibitors, which may explain this potentiation.

I once took codeine during an antibiotic regimen and it had me nodding like heroin. I've also read of inadvertent fatal codeine ODs from extremely potent 3a4 inhibition due to antibiotics.

I've tried tumeric extracts with kratom and felt nothing. I've read many anecdotes that it makes kratom feel worse for people.

I'd first point to the antibiotic and work backwards here.

In theory, black pepper should only increase absorption not the effect...

Last edited:
Bactrim, but I started using this combo a week before beginning the antibiotic. I also don't take them together. I had to take Bactrim for a lot of stuff in the past but never noticed it potentiating kratom.

Maybe turmeric extract is worse than regular turmeric, the only extract here is the black pepper I think but it functions as it should.

Did only 5g today instead of 6g and feel amazing. Not overly fucked up and nodding off, but pleasantly warm and cozy, only mildly drowsy. I should lower my doses in general because 3g used to give me the effects I'm feeling from 5g. 6g is just the magic number in terms of maximal effect.

Its not the bactrim, its the tumeric supplement brew, it likely will not work that well for everyone, but turmeric is a well documented kratom potentiator, caffeine works well too, but not like experience you describe with the turmeric supplement, if it worked that well for everyone you'd never find it in stock!

This particular form isn't one I've often seen at Walmart, at least not the one I go to. I'm sure superstore Walmart's have just about everything. But yeah, I'd think this could work for a lot of people. I mean like I said I've tried literally ever possible potentiator and only this and black seed oil (thymoquinone) work. Turmeric by itself and black pepper mixed into my kratom never really worked for me in the past, so it's probably the high dose of the turmeric and the bioperine being more potent than regular black pepper than I thought. I will say it can get pretty excessive, it just lasts so much longer it's ridiculous. I did end up getting a boost in effects after a meal and I've been nodding off since. I think I'm going to end up cutting my dose down more as a result, which is what I've wanted to do but now I have a very good reason. 4.5g would probably do nicely and keep me on a functional high where I don't start nodding and going cross eyed.

This particular form isn't one I've often seen at Walmart, at least not the one I go to. I'm sure superstore Walmart's have just about everything. But yeah, I'd think this could work for a lot of people. I mean like I said I've tried literally ever possible potentiator and only this and black seed oil (thymoquinone) work. Turmeric by itself and black pepper mixed into my kratom never really worked for me in the past, so it's probably the high dose of the turmeric and the bioperine being more potent than regular black pepper than I thought. I will say it can get pretty excessive, it just lasts so much longer it's ridiculous. I did end up getting a boost in effects after a meal and I've been nodding off since. I think I'm going to end up cutting my dose down more as a result, which is what I've wanted to do but now I have a very good reason. 4.5g would probably do nicely and keep me on a functional high where I don't start nodding and going cross eyed.
Its Spring Valley brand, they are a reliable, reputable brand! I found that after a forced tramadol cold stop (50 mg x 6 daily) which I have been on every single day for ten years, that just five/six capsules of red vein manga (2.5 grams to 3.0 grams) virtually matched one 50 mg tram, more or less, and completely eliminated any cessation syndrome, all by itself, which was quite instructive to say the least... Grapefruit juice is what I used and it really didn't potentiate the kratom at all.

It has to be white GFJ I guess for maximum potentiation but I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually work for kratom like other opioids. It inhibits CYP3A4 right? Because if that's the case, cimetidine, which is known to potentiate Oxy, actually reduces the effects of kratom substantially despite claims of it potentiating, mostly on Reddit, but eventually people woke up and realized it doesn't and it was placebo/new users mainly who thought it was working. I remember taking 400mg and then 5g of kratom and I felt like I took 2g max.

Inhibiting 3a4 would theoretically reduce the amount of mitragynine converted into 7-OH-mitragynine, since that is the known pathway. Logically this should reduce the opioid effects of powder kratom.... but there are more effects to kratom and maybe more pathways than that. Kratom is such a weird group of alkaloids.

As much as I love this combo I have to say it's been a bit too much some days lol. I forgot I need to lower the dose, I mean Jesus it lasts the entire day, I just wanna lay down all cozy going into that half asleep opioid bliss where you feel your whole body being massaged

What sort of CYP inhibition is demonstrated to potentiate kratom?

I'm on quite a bit of kava so I ended up
Are you sure it's not because of the kava?
I consider kava a super potentiator of kratom, the better one, much better than mucuna, black seed oil, dxm and all that, much much stronger.

Well at the time of posting I was on it, I never use them together though except with my nightly 1.5-2g dose and haven't noticed it ever kick the kratom in stronger. I only drink kava a few times a week max late at night when I have the next day off.

It's definitely from this combo. Even the other day I only had ginger and could tell I felt this incredibly warmth come over me, and I was really sleep deprived. For me kratom hardly has any effect if my sleep is poor but I felt amazing. I didn't use the turmeric because it was after a brutally bad stomachache which I'd made a thread about the other day, I'm since over it. It was risky to even drink kratom that afternoon but for some reason even if my stomach is acting up, kratom never makes it worse. In a lot of cases it helps, like the roughage moves stuff along.

black seed oil definitely helps you lower doses because it tickles mu-opioid receptors some, a lot of people try it, but I get pure thymoquinone extract powder online now. Not everyone stomachs the oil the same, sometimes you can find actual seeds or capsules with seeds.

Interesting, at 25g if I would've stopped I can't imagine the physical withdrawals. When I'd only used it daily for 5 months back in 2017 and got up to 10g, I had uncontrollable tremors, joint pain, restless legs, arms, entire body really. I craved it mentally but not really that much, I just wanted the physical withdrawals to stop. One of the most hellish experiences I've been through. I did end up around 25g in mid 2019, I'd take 10g just to feel a tickle, but in retrospect it was a really, really bad strain. Totally brown, tasted stale, never did anything. I never go for "red vein" anymore because it's always so brown, but this was a white and was dirt. I've had some reds in the past that were totally green, not that I believe in the whole vein/strain scene but there are certainly some differences in different batches of kratom
I used to take up to 100 grams a day, with poppy pods, and 2 mg of buprenorphine a day, and I took dxm with it to potentiate it