• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Magnesium Dosage for Opioid Potentiation/Muscle Relaxant Effect

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Got some Magnesium. The pills are 375mg each.
But I have no idea how much to take when using it to potentiate opioids (hoping to get muscle relaxant effects, too).

What form is the Magnesium?
The effects are very dependant on in which form you take it. I had to take Magnesium-hydroxyde in rehab. Which looked good, but when I checked it out on internet when I got out of rehab I read it was barely absorbed in the intestines. Making it a laxative, which explaines why I had diarrhea all the time over there.

So that had me question all forms of Magnesium. Albion, the company, makes a good chelated ( bound to a amino acid ) form which is also used by a few supplement manufacturers like NOW supplements. In my supplement is Magnesium citraat but I have no clue which form you should take/ is the best. But natural sources seem preferable or the chelated one made by Albion. There is a thread on Bluelight where the quality of supplements is explained by a member here. You could try to find it.

This is text that mentioned in that thread about supplements. https://nootropicsexpert.com/how-to...vitamin-for-brain-function/#chelated-minerals

Last edited:
Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg few hours prior to bed

other forms are a laxative like he said

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg few hours prior to bed

other forms are a laxative like he said
And how does Magnesium Glycinaat Lysinaat chelate stand on the chart, the product Albion produces?

The Citrate version I currently take btw doesn't give me the shits at the recommended dosage.