• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushroom Bad Trip, Excess Amounts of Mucus, Felt like Choking for 2 hours, Help

Kratom777

Bluelighter
So I have tripped 5 times. I have been reading more and more about micro-dosing. Anyways, I took a gram and chewed it in my mouth before swallowing. Anyways, 30 minutes later, I felt a chocking sensation. A moderate chocking feeling. However, I started to spit up mucus. I have very bad allergies. However, this is has never happened before like this. For 2 hours straight, I continued to spit up mucus. It did seem to help but the panic lasted along with more mucus, not as much as before obviously after using such a generous amount of prescribed nasal spray, but it still was occuring. The trip wasn't useless though even though it was a gram , it was significant in more than one ways. Fears from my past were coming up and I had to face them especially in sheer panic from the mucus issue. I took some notes and it seemed to be really good notes that struck a nerve, a good one though.

Would using a coffee grinder to grind up the shrooms and then put in capsule form be better?
I have 7 grams left. In a panic, I dumped 2-3 grams down the drain and was going for the rest but decided not to throw them all out.

ANY HELP IS VERY USEFUL? THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Last edited:
That doesnt sound like bad trip. that sounds like you eat poisoned mushrooms.

What do you mean by poisoned? Like good or bad? Because I did feel the feeling of the psiocybin.

Then if you felt psilocybin. I think you have gone picking liberty caps and picked up some wrong shrooms with them and some bad poison reaction. Ofcourse its unique for ppl but i have eat 25g truffels with no problems at all, but i have strong stomach anyways.

The first batch was good. Second was hand picked. I dont know the strain bro. I am not an expert. I do know what shrooms are supposed to look like though. I am giving them all back to the dealer. Not happy with this experience at all. This dealer has so many connections, every time is different. It is like playing russian roulette. Not safe!

Just saying liberty caps are best shrooms in world in my opinion

ya i have taken lots of shrooms. truffles arent that strong. that wasnt the issue. they werent cleaned and these ones were contaminated.

Good call, that is scary shit. As someone who struggles with phlegm and mucous at times I have a lot of sympathy for you.

Good call, that is scary shit. As someone who struggles with phlegm and mucous at times I have a lot of sympathy for you.

Have you ever had issues with excess mucus and mushrooms? I got a new batch of different looking mushrooms. I am thinking about making capsules this time even though they look good instead of just chewing and swallowing them.

What do you think? Ever take them in capsule form?

Last edited:
Never had an issue with mushrooms specifically, sometimes cannabis in edible form will exacerbate it though.
I almost always make shroom tea, it is so much more pleasant than just chewing them. And no, haven’t done capsules.

Capsules are good bc they hit you in like 15 minutes. You go from sober, to "now I close my eyes and see cartoon characters looking at me. I don't mean that in the "cliche' drug story way", I mean faces and such that appear to be watching you, and do appear to have cartoon-like features. Then again, I usually take about 5 to 7 grams, which also turns it into a launch versus a smooth come-up. It's very different than eating them. though eating them wet, just picked, after being put in a blender with OJ works a charm as well. As far as phlegm or mucus is concerned, shrooms make my eyes water, my nose run, and make me spit a lot, but that's always been the case. Plus, toward the end of a trip, you piss every ounce of liquid out of your body. It becomes annoying when you have to piss, do so, then 10 minutes later you feel like you need to go again.

mushrooms are one of the most mucus causing psychedelics,

if you didn't swallow properly and then started having a choking feeling maybe it made that side much worse. maybe in future pick your own or be more selective about who you buy from

vomit and mucus are not unexpected on shrooms especially if it gets stuck in your throat