thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Mac Miller Drug Dealer Sentenced to Nearly 11 Years in Prison​

Nancy Dillon
Rolling Stone
18 Apr 2022

Excerpt:
One of the three drug dealers charged in the deadly fentanyl overdose that claimed the life of rising rapper Mac Miller was sentenced to nearly 11 years in prison on Monday.

Ryan Michael Reavis, 39, appeared in federal court in Los Angeles and said he was the middle man who had no idea the counterfeit oxycodone pills he provided to a fellow dealer before they killed the rising rapper in September 2018 were laced with fentanyl. He asked for only five years in custody.

The final sentence of 10 years and 11 months was slightly more than what probation officials recommended but less than the 12 and a half years prosecutors sought. U.S. District Judge Otis D. Wright II levied the punishment after prosecutors read a heart-wrenching statement from Miller’s mom, Karen Meyers.

Full article here.

i was pretty shook when mac miller died. i've been listening to him since my out me on to him in 6th grade

but i've been very shocked at the public reaction to this sentencing

on twitter nearly everyone is saying he should serve even more time, some even saying a life sentence. and believe it or not i've seen a few people call for the death penalty.

punishing this dude isn't gonna do anything to make the world a better place. i wish people would diret that anger and vitriol at the DEA (the real culprits imo)

I'd like to think that knowing that he could have easily prevented Miller's death is probably hard enough on the guy. 11 years seems a bit much. This is gross negligence by a stupid dealer who didn't stop to think that maybe the pills weren't as "legit" as his supplier said.
Just highlights the issues with prohibition and the importance of test kits. A 10-pack of fentanyl test strips can be shipped to your door for under $20. Had the dealer spent the couple dollars, Mac Miller might still be with us today.