• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Lyrica vs phenibut vs gabapentin

Teds121

Greenlighter
I did a quick search but couldn't find exactly my request.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages with Lyrica, phenibut, gabapentin? From both medicinal use and recreational. I'm just curious.

I already take Lyrica daily for anxiety, anti seizure, and nerve pain. I have gabapentin for nerve pain, which imo doesn't help.

I understand they have a cross tolerance and tolerance builds up super quick.

Is there any benefit I would get from phenibut? For anxiety? For sleep? Lyrica does not tire me nor does gabapentin unless I triple the dose. Any recreational value? More focused on lowering anxiety but recreation is sometimes of interest.

Another post said overdose from too much combination Lyrica phenibut is rare.

No other meds would be combined. No benzos. No opiates... In case anyone was worried I would take an opiate with this since I know opiates are loved with gabapentin or Lyrica.

I've never taken penibut, but I was on gabapentin for six moths then they moved me to pregabalin which i took 300mg x 2 a day (long long story)

You get tolerant to it very quickly and in the end I used to take 800-900mg x 2 day

Coming off it is a nightmare, worse than any other drug ive used, but I am about 5 months off it now, even a slow taper caused me no end of problems, i didnt sleep a wink for about 8 days

As for opiates combination, yes it does heighten but not for long

lyrica can also get rid of nearly all opiate wd's (trust me)

I would stay well clear of it, I wish I did

Phenibut differs because it is also a potent GABA-B agonist, as well as a gabapentinoid. I've been able to take phenibut every 3 days with no building of tolerance, for years on end. However a slight dependence forms eventually at this rate and if you take it daily, a strong dependence forms. Even jumping off of 2 years of every 3 days made me unable to sleep for a couple of weeks and feel a lot of lingering anxiety, though it wasn't too bad, certainly easy compared to other withdrawals. However, taken daily, it can be very bad to withdraw from, even potentially causing seizures.

Gabapentin and pregabalin (Lyrica) are both solely gabapentinoids which means they block VDCC voltage ion channels, and do not actually affect GABA. This mechanism of action produces strong tolerance very quickly if taken regularly, and is also dependence-forming. Lyrica is a much stronger modifier of these ion channels than gabapentin, and it's more easily absorbed.