• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lyrica (Pregabalin) recreational dosage

nucka fo sho

Greenlighter
I have 9x100mg lyrica capsules i did them once before took 750mg and felt good but not a very strong feeling...

Im wondering if i should take 900mg my 2nd time on lyrica would it be safe?

looking for some input thanks :)

look up the pregabalin mega thread on the search engine.

how far apart did you space the doses? because theres a limit to how much lyrica will take up at once. instead of 750 mg at once try taking 150 mg every 45-60 minutes, soda seemed to help increase the absorption for me too. also if youre spacing them out you may only need about 450 mg without tolerance. 750 seems a bit steep for your first time, if you space the doses out right.

also dont expect too much from it. i thoroughly enjoy lyrica, but i know some people who feel nothing at all from it.

i took 800mgs at once and so far feel ggreat that was about an hour and a half ago :)

Edit: snorted the last 100mg lyrica and can barely type

Last edited:
yeah i'd say 900mg would work . i love lyrica ... I have only been able to get ahold of it one time, and that was pretty much a one-time deal in itself. Enjoy!

first time i got fucked up at 400mg snorted 2 popped 2

lyrica mixes well with like benzos but i feel is better then xanax because im not tired yet i still feel like a rubbery man

i took 800mgs at once and so far feel ggreat that was about an hour and a half ago :)

Edit: snorted the last 100mg lyrica and can barely type

Why ask for dosage advice, get well-reasoned, experienced advice from a respected BLer and then ignore it?

I'm surprised so many people like it. I get it prescribed for pain and it makes me feel like shite and gives me brain zaps. Lucky fuckers!

Why ask for dosage advice, get well-reasoned, experienced advice from a respected BLer and then ignore it?

QFT ty. although "respected" might be stretching a bit in my case. im just sayin 800-900 mg lyrica is a bit much for a rookie. 150-300 mg got me to where i wanted to be (melting into the bed, music synesthesia) the first time i did it with no GABAergic tolerance. OP is lucky pregabalin has a limited absorption rate.

Well I respect you so that technically means you're respected even if everyone else thinks you're some loser obsessed with Bleach ;)

I agree with you, without a tolerance 150-300mg is a good place to start and taking excessive amounts is most likely a waste (thankfully there probably is a wide therapeutic index but that's by no means an argument to take more than needed).

Well I respect you so that technically means you're respected even if everyone else thinks you're some loser obsessed with Bleach ;)

+1 bahaha.

but i mean, you can give all the advice you can, and people will still not follow it. this should either be merged or closed. in the words of seinfeld....NEXT!

I absolutely love Pregabalin, I usually start with 5 x 75mg (375mg) capsules and then take another 5 a couple of hours later and carry on with this up to around a maximum of 20 (1500mg).

I get euphoria, talkativeness, a strong body lightness/high and total sense of wellbeing on these and I found I can use them for a couple of weeks before a noticeable tolerance starts to build.

There have been reports of seizures from people taking 10+ so proceed with caution and I'd suggest taking no more than 2 at a time when they are new to you to see how your mind/body reacts.

^Lyrica is an anticonvulsant, do you have sources for large doses CAUSING seizures?

I found this - http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=69917

But I remember reading about a couple of different examples on forums but I can't find them off-hand, it seems hard to beleive than an anticonvulsant could cause seizures but it has happened.

It's something to bear in mind as when taking any new substance recreationally, everyones body reacts in a different way.

I have no sources but I have read that in high doses so called "toxic" doses, absent seizures occur. Also Lyrica can cause Myoclonic jerks.

It's Good for a Good Time

I've taken daily doses in excess of 2 grams without any severe, adverse incidents. However, I find that any dose above a gram simply gets in the way. The jitteriness of large doses and the inability to focus on any kind of text is too distracting.

I do find it to be a great social drug. I usually take 900 mg split up into two 450 mg doses at one hour intervals. I get energetic and crave contact with people. I don't find it to be a productive high, though.

I have a tendency to be rather uninhibited and find myself going from thought to thought or action to action on a whim, or less.

There are several posts here about staggering the lyrica dose. I used to do this with gabapentin because of its decreasing BA with escalating dose. But why would this apply to lyrica? Look at this physician's quote:

"Part of the reason why pregabalin requires lower dosages is that it has a much higher bioavailability (90% versus 33-66%) and is rapidly absorbed (peak: 1 hr). Also, plasma concentrations increase linearly with increasing dose.3 This is not true with gabapentin. Gabapentin is slowly absorbed (peak: 3 to 4 hours post-dose) and more importantly, plasma concentrations have been found to have a non-linear relationship to increasing doses."

Since Lyrica plasma concentrations increase linearly with increasing dose there shouldn't be any need to stagger a la gabapentin. Anyone have any thoughts?

Yeah it isnt productive at all. its like a cannabis high that you just relax :)
ive used 2g doses too and i know people who have used even more. so the safety profile seems to be good

mandrake: indeed thats my consensus as well. but do note that removal rate of pregabalin is constant regardless of dose

Case Studies and Rampant Abuse

There are several posts here about staggering the lyrica dose. I used to do this with gabapentin because of its decreasing BA with escalating dose. But why would this apply to lyrica? Look at this physician's quote: : snip :

Since Lyrica plasma concentrations increase linearly with increasing dose there shouldn't be any need to stagger a la gabapentin. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think it has to do with research studies not usually studying for rampant abuse. I mean, how many of us experience tolerance issues? However, tolerance isn't supposed to be an issue with Lyrica™ (pregabalin).

I also think that the one hour peak plasma time has something to do with the staggering of doses for better, more pleasurable effects. But, I'm just stabbing in the dark with that little guess.

Yeah it isnt productive at all. its like a cannabis high that you just relax :)
ive used 2g doses too and i know people who have used even more. so the safety profile seems to be good

mandrake: indeed thats my consensus as well. but do note that removal rate of pregabalin is constant regardless of dose

i don't agree although it feels a bit like a cannabis high to me ,it doesnt make me as lazy as smoking cannabis it makes me very productive at work altough sometimes i end up in talking to much :p