• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Lyrica(pregabalin) helps H withdrawl?

boomhs

Bluelighter
My register date on this site... Damn...

Not full addict, life is shit w\e.

Got 1g china white and like a retard snorted it too fast. I'm now 3 days into pain, binging on alcohol/benzos HUGE PAINS.

Found out old box of pregabalin 50mg. Weakest dosage, but it means i took it long ago PRESCRIBED, google it and already took 100mg. The pain is down a lot.

So... should i stay on lyrica for now till it's over? 100mg? more?

It's new years eve and i have no-one. I'm in pain, alcoholism problems so can't even go meet a few ppl. Was prepared to stay home already.

Last edited:
I would use it at 50 -100mg to keep from climbing the walls as needed, but don't increase the dose too fast as tolerance builds quickly and before you know it, all of it's pain relief will dissipate. Another issue is if you are WD'ing from benzos and EtOH your seizure threshold will be lowered putting you at risk for one. Pregabalin also lowers the seizure threshold at high doses so keep that in mind. If you are still using benzos and EtOH then taper off those vs cold turkey, as jumping off both at the same time is not only hell but dangerous. Also be careful with combining all three as the Lyrica can potentiate the other two.

Hope you have the happiest New Year possible under the circumstances.

My register date on this site... Damn...

Not full addict, life is shit w\e.

Got 1g china white and like a retard snorted it too fast. I'm now 3 days into pain, binging on alcohol/benzos HUGE PAINS.

Found out old box of pregabalin 50mg. Weakest dosage, but it means i took it long ago PRESCRIBED, google it and already took 100mg. The pain is down a lot.

So... should i stay on lyrica for now till it's over? 100mg? more?

It's new years eve and i have no-one. I'm in pain, alcoholism problems so can't even go meet a few ppl. Was prepared to stay home already.

You develop tollerance to the effects of Lyrica (pregabalin) insanely fast (like within a few days), so I would keep the dose constant for now but rememeber, it's usually taken twice per day, so every 12 hours. Many people (but not everyone) experience very nasty withdrawls from pregabalin but this is usually only after months of daily use. Just using it for the week or two that you'll be experiencing the opiate withdrawls shouldn't be a problem in that regard... Stay at 100mg twice per day until you feel that you are no longer getting any benefit from it, then you can increase to maybe 150mg x 2 per day (300mg/day) instead.. The maximum daily dose for pregabalin is 600mg (usually as 300mg twice per day).

Be careful mixing it with the benzos and alcohol BTW as it can exacerbate the respiratory depression caused by these two drugs if taken in large doses. If possible, I would try to stop the alcohol (I'm assuming you're just binging on alcohol because of the heroin withdrawls and aren't alcohol depenedent) and save your benzos to help with sleep and maybe take one or 2 during the day to help with the anxiety..

Can you get any clonidine? I've personally found pregabalin, clonidine and a benzos to be the best possible combo there is for combating opioid withdrawls...

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to attempt to answer them for you.. I'm unfortunate to have quite a bit of experience with these drugs in combating opioid withdrawl.. Feel free to pm me any time..

Best of luck to you

Thank you so much guys... for 3 days all i had was xanax (i don't think it even classifies as help in WD), benuron and aspegic.

I have to mention i'm an alcoholic i guess... to escape the pain i drank and drank, i want to stop, i smell whisky and puke from all the past antics.

You're gonna like this, i cut 100% alcohol because i found subutex(buprenorfine) made me feel good. My doc is kinda a dealer gave me 2mg packages. Life was good, traveled got a girl, eventually crashed to addiction and made many... mistakes. I got clean but got on it again, i had lost all i got, eventually doc cut me w/o even switch to lower dosage.

I thought fuck it, to darkwebz i go and live in bliss till i OD or something. Fucking vendor went on vacations hence this happened:D

Be very carefull with pregabs mate only take it a couple of days in row max.Iused it to detox from gear but ended up bang on them.The wd from long time high usage is brutal a deep deep depression that lasts for over a week.Not as bad as opiate wd but just a dark depression please be careful

Thank you so much guys... for 3 days all i had was xanax (i don't think it even classifies as help in WD), benuron and aspegic.

I have to mention i'm an alcoholic i guess... to escape the pain i drank and drank, i want to stop, i smell whisky and puke from all the past antics.

You're gonna like this, i cut 100% alcohol because i found subutex(buprenorfine) made me feel good. My doc is kinda a dealer gave me 2mg packages. Life was good, traveled got a girl, eventually crashed to addiction and made many... mistakes. I got clean bu even classifies as help in WD), benuron and aspegic.

You're gonna like this, i cut 100% alcohol because i found subutex(buprenorfine) made me feel good. My doc is kinda a dealer gave me 2mg packages. Life was good, traveled got a girl, eventually crashed to addiction and made many... mistakes. I got clean but got on it again, i had lost all i got, eventually doc cut me w/o even switch to lower dosage.

I thought fuck it, to darkwebz i go and live in bliss till i OD or something.t got on it again, i had lost all i got, eventually doc cut me w/o even switch to lower dosage.
Fucking vendor went on vacations hence this happened:D

Be very carefull with pregabs mate only take it a couple of days in row max.Iused it to detox from gear but ended up bang on them.The wd from long time high usage is brutal a deep deep depression that lasts for over a week.Not as bad as opiate wd but just a dark depression please be careful

Yeah but only using them for a week to 10 days or so (14 tops) to get over his opiate withdrawl won't cause any significant withdrawl symotoms from the pregabalin itself.. It's onky whem people have been on the max dose for months or years thst they have the nasty withdrawls from it....and even then not everyone. I've been on 600mg/day for 6 years and can stop for weeks at a time without any significant withdrawl..It seems that the withdrawls from pregabalin and gabapentin don't effect everyone the same way..

Yeah but only using them for a week to 10 days or so (14 tops) to get over his opiate withdrawl won't cause any significant withdrawl symotoms from the pregabalin itself.. It's onky whem people have been on the max dose for months or years thst they have the nasty withdrawls from it....and even then not everyone. I've been on 600mg/day for 6 years and can stop for weeks at a time without any significant withdrawl..It seems that the withdrawls from pregabalin and gabapentin don't effect everyone the same way..
All I can say is for opiate wd pregabs are a miracle.I just want no one to do what I did swap one addiction for another.I loved the high from pregabs it was like a coke high without the edginess.A few months done the line when I stopped it was a week of hell.The depression just dont go away then after a week it gets better quickly.If you do get it bad I found ground poppy pods help which a problem for me with years of using gear.I wish io was the lucky group who never got it but I was unlucky

I dont know why lyrica not used more often for opiate wd.I have helped two people one to get of alcohol and a punjabi elder who used Indian raw opium and poppy pods for years.It let them sleep took away the anxiety something about it takes away the worst of wd

I dont know why lyrica not used more often for opiate wd.I have helped two people one to get of alcohol and a punjabi elder who used Indian raw opium and poppy pods for years.It let them sleep took away the anxiety something about it takes away the worst of wd

Did you find it helped that much? You know its wierd but I didn't find it helped me much during opiate withdrawls but then again I was already using it before the withdrawls started..I imagine it's different if you aren't already on it and then introduce it when your withdrawls start as tollerance to it increases so rapidly...i know a lot of people find it helps thrm a great deal during opiate withdrawls.

But luckily as I say, I don't get bed withdrawls if i stop for a few week...maybe a little but if increased anxiety but not much.

Did you find it helped that much? You know its wierd but I didn't find it helped me much during opiate withdrawls but then again I was already using it before the withdrawls started..I imagine it's different if you aren't already on it and then introduce it when your withdrawls start as tollerance to it increases so rapidly...i know a lot of people find it helps thrm a great deal during opiate withdrawls.

But luckily as I say, I don't get bed withdrawls if i stop for a few week...maybe a little but if increased anxiety but not much.
I had hard wd only found out at day 10 about pregabs.But the punjabi elder I helped with pregabs sailed through his wd he a taxi driver he worked while withdrawing.When I got the pregabs at day 10 of withdrawls it took away all the pain the legs felt good back pain went and most importantly I slept like a baby.In the punjabi community poopy pods and raw opium is so common im spreading the word I get my lyrica of a mate for free I want to get as many people of opium as I can

The other thing about pregabs music sounds so good I love rock and it just takes it to another level

The other thing about pregabs music sounds so good I love rock and it just takes it to another level

That's another wierd thing about them, some people reslly enjoy the high they give but I found it very unpleasant.. I lost my coordination and kept slurring my speech...I really didn't like it. It seems that reactions to thid drug can difder sometimes between people.

I think if i hadn't already been on the maximum dose of 600mg per day before I stopped my painkillers, I would have felt a much greater benefit from it though.

It would be good if it was prescribed for people in opiate withdrawls, but it's not licenced for that so most doctors won't prescribe it for that purpose.

That's another wierd thing about them, some people reslly enjoy the high they give but I found it very unpleasant.. I lost my coordination and kept slurring my speech...I really didn't like it. It seems that reactions to thid drug can difder sometimes between people.

I think if i hadn't already been on the maximum dose of 600mg per day before I stopped my painkillers, I would have felt a much greater benefit from it though.

It would be good if it was prescribed for people in opiate withdrawls, but it's not licenced for that so most doctors won't prescribe it for that purpose.
The only drug I like better then pregabs is heroin or a really good blast of crack.I was having to do massive doses over 2000mg because the fucking thing stops working.I have just snorted 300mg and taken a 300mg orally thought cant have a sober new year.When I do to much I bump into walls talk shit but im so happy inside also when I do it in big doses for days I end up having proper conversations with myself

The only drug I like better then pregabs is heroin or a really good blast of crack.I was having to do massive doses over 2000mg because the fucking thing stops working.I have just snorted 300mg and taken a 300mg orally thought cant have a sober new year.When I do to much I bump into walls talk shit but im so happy inside also when I do it in big doses for days I end up having proper conversations with myself

Because I've been taking it for so long, it has zero effect at any dose for me...I've never known a drug like it for tollerance increase. I would take a few weeks off to reset tollerance but I actually need it for nerve pain so cant really do that..(although I might try anyway).

Because I've been taking it for so long, it has zero effect at any dose for me...I've never known a drug like it for tollerance increase. I would take a few weeks off to reset tollerance but I actually need it for nerve pain so cant really do that..(although I might try anyway).
The tolerance builds so fast then you get to a point no matter how much you do you won't feel shit.But after a break of a few weeks not just feels so good

Gabapenting can give you a high that last looooong time if you use it like this. You first....never mind

But this is what trusted Mayo Clinic says about it

Gabapentin may cause vision changes, clumsiness, unsteadiness, dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, or trouble with thinking. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert, well-coordinated, or able to think or see well. If these side effects are especially bothersome, check with your doctor.

This medicine may cause some people to be agitated, irritable, or display other abnormal behaviors, such as feeling sad or hopeless, getting upset easily, or feeling nervous, restless, or hostile. It may also cause some people to have suicidal thoughts and tendencies or to become more depressed. If you, your child, or your caregiver notice any of these side effects, tell your doctor right away.

This medicine will add to the effects of alcohol and other CNS depressants (medicines that make you drowsy or less alert). Some examples of CNS depressants are antihistamines or medicine for hay fever, allergies, or colds, sedatives, tranquilizers, or sleeping medicines, prescription pain medicine or narcotics, other medicines for seizures (eg, barbiturates), muscle relaxants, or anesthetics, including some dental anesthetics. Check with your medical doctor or dentist before taking any of the above while you or your child are using gabapentin.

OP here.

Slept over 31th, had taken xan, valium, Mixed lyrica swallowed 100mg with snorted 100. Woke up, pain again, legal painkillers do nothing, am taking lyrica and pain is gone and feeling cool. No weird effects, chilling.

Weird drug this one is. I won't take more than a week~ like you guys said, i'll have gear soon, great having this for WD

Edit: goddamn this high is like snorting non hard H, mellow af. For me at least.

Last edited:
OP here.

Slept over 31th, had taken xan, valium, Mixed lyrica swallowed 100mg with snorted 100. Woke up, pain again, legal painkillers do nothing, am taking lyrica and pain is gone and feeling cool. No weird effects, chilling.

Weird drug this one is. I won't take more than a week~ like you guys said, i'll have gear soon, great having this for WD

Edit: goddamn this high is like snorting non hard H, mellow af. For me at least.
I took a shit load last night I'm still buzzing.For withdrawal from gear it's a wonder drug.Have fun for a week the tolerance build a so quick.

I took a shit load last night I'm still buzzing.For withdrawal from gear it's a wonder drug.Have fun for a week the tolerance build a so quick.

You snorted or swallow? How many mg+-? I got 50mg pills, snorting and i think im in like 300