• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Lyrica Pregabalin cold turkey withdrawal please help

Bag84

Bluelighter
Hi. I was prescribed lyrica at 600mg a day by my gp. I’ve never taken it as prescribed. I would take about 1000mg a day. Sometimes even 1,500 but not every day. My prescription would last about 3 weeks or so and I’d have days off but as you know with lyrica Pregabalin you need to take nearly double to get the same feeling if you take it days in a row.

Well I’ve recently discovered how terrible this drug is. I’ve gained 20 lbs in 3 months and would go days and days without eating. My sex drive has went to zero and I’m trying to just get rid of all the drugs I don’t really need. My mental health is a mess. I quit a heavy oxycodode (real not fent) habit a couple of months ago also. I’ve taken Kratom but not for the last month and also take suboxone a few times a week.

Also on Klonopin which I try to take as prescribed. I’ve been on that for about 3 years and up until recently I would run out in about 2 weeks sometimes less.

But back to the lyrica. After 5 weeks of stopping it my appitite is at basically zero. I have server anhedonia and depression. Anxiety that is unbearable and body aches and pains. Also extreme fatigue. Should lyrica still be making me feel this bad after 5 weeks? Is there anything I can do to stop this? Am I almost at the end of it? Is it even lyrica causing these problems. I’m so depressed anhedonic and suicidal I don’t know what to do and I’m scared. I just want off all these drugs and live a normal life.

Withdrawal from gabapentinoids like lyrica can last a while, but there might be other things going on in your situation too. Have you been running out of your benzo script lately?

Personally the worst part for me with lyrica withdrawal was the insomnia. Daytime anxiety wasn't actually too bad compared to benzo withdrawal. Then again, nothing is that bad compared to benzo withdrawal 🤔

Yeah. I normally would run out around 10 days early. But this last month I only went 2 days without. Any idea how long it will take for the withdrawal to go away or what I can do to function properly in the mean time?

Withdrawal from gabapentinoids like lyrica can last a while, but there might be other things going on in your situation too. Have you been running out of your benzo script lately?

Personally the worst part for me with lyrica withdrawal was the insomnia. Daytime anxiety wasn't actually too bad compared to benzo withdrawal. Then again, nothing is that bad compared to benzo withdrawal 🤔
Above post is for you

I’m so depressed anhedonic and suicidal I don’t know what to do and I’m scared.
Get back on some pregabalin, stabilize and taper down.
This substance has the same side effects in me and very wary of it
Is getting more an option? Or gabapentin?

I don’t know if it would be a good idea to go back on them after 5 weeks of being off them.

I agree with what @negrogesic said. I’d say you should be coming around by now but it affects people so differently that you might just experience the withdrawal a little longer.

I definitely wouldn’t be taking it again, see how you are after another week.

Like @negrogesic said, you could be having withdrawal from one of the other meds you’re running out of and it’s just compounding the withdrawal from the pregabalin.

I have 180 pills and a refill in a couple of weeks but 5 weeks in I feel like I’m going backwards. But if I did. How would I taper? What dose should I start at and how much and often should I taper?

I don’t know if it would be a good idea to go back on them after 5 weeks of being off them.

I agree with what @negrogesic said. I’d say you should be coming around by now but it affects people so differently that you might just experience the withdrawal a little longer.

I definitely wouldn’t be taking it again, see how you are after another week.

Like @negrogesic said, you could be having withdrawal from one of the other meds you’re running out of and it’s just compounding the withdrawal from the pregabalin.
I’m not withdrawing from anything else. It’s been months since taking oxycodone. The only thing I take regularly now is Klonopin and I just restarted remeron 15mg 2 days ago

since you are 5 weeks off hell probably 100-200mg will stabilize
I know that feeling of being worthless and maybe shouldn't be here that shit causes... the darkest, ime.
Pregabalin ain't no joke for some.

Are you still taking suboxone couple times a week or you stopped it like Kratom and Oxycodone? suboxone has a long half-life so couple times a week higher dose is like every day lower dose?
Because you should be out 5 weeks and It would be great to not start again (pregabalin)

Are you still taking suboxone couple times a week or you stopped it like Kratom and Oxycodone? suboxone has a long half-life so couple times a week higher dose is like every day lower dose?
Because you should be out 5 weeks and It would be great to not start again (pregabalin)
I started taking sub one again about 6 weeks ago. I took up to 16mg but that was only 2 times. The last couple of weeks I’ve been taking 1-2mg ever few days. The thing is that the suboxone doesn’t actually do much of anything except help with a few aches and pains. If it were suboxone I think a 4mg dose would alleviate all symptoms.

Also to anyone who can chime in. If I took a 300mg dose one time would that set me back at all. Wether it helps of not I won’t take it again cause I really want it out of my life. I’m just trying to see if it makes me feel normal then I would know it’s from the lyrica. But I’m not willing to risk setting myself back after going thru 5 weeks of hell

well pregabalin is a nasty f... but if anhedonia and depression are very bad that you can take it my advice is to see a doctor, again I'm in the same boat with anhedonia and depression became something as a normal for me so If you can tough it out be patient you will get out of this brain will heal as body and the mind!
I don't like to push people to take any kind of mentioned because I also am hammering myself for leting myself be dependant on pregabalin and buprenorphine
But aain if you suffer just try and start tapering, and try reach your specialst!
again you will be ok, those two depression and anhedonia heal faster with good diet, excersise and keeping your mind busy