• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos lyrica and xanax safe together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively as long as you keep the dosages reasonable, Lyrica potentiates/synergizes GABA drugs big time. Keep in mind if you end up doing it Xanax is very fast acting while Lyrica takes around 2 hours to take effect. When I getting high off Lyrica and temazepam (both prescribed) I'd take the Lyrica 2 hours before the benzo so they both hit at the same time.

Be safe and don't drink and/or drive. :)

It's technically two downers, that work on different systems. So what Mr. Eyes said.

People react differently on gabapentin, I assume they do with pregabalin/Lyrica too, so I wouldn't mix them if it's your first time with pregabalin. I mean, some people get knocked out at 300mg gabapentin, and the buzz I look for doesn't get going until 1800mg. You might be one of those sensitive types. And even if you're the type that feels amped by it, it still makes you stupid, and that's additive with any benzo.

I take it with both Klonopin and temazepam, (not to mention I'm taking 5-10mg of Flexaril and 2-6mg of Subutex a day for pain) At both prescribed and recreational dosages. So I'd say that it's safe unless you go crazy with either of them. Meaning if you don't have a tolerance to either; over 3-4mg of Xanax and 300+ of Lyrics but I'd recommend fairly low doses to start like 0.5-1mg Xanax and 150mg Lyrica. That should give you a nice somewhat euphoric sedative feeling without being very dangerous

OP, if it's your first time, keep dosages BOTH DRUGS LOW. As others^^have pointed out, they are synergistic.

This thread has mentioned "getting high" too many times.

May I suggest you skim through the Lyrica Megathread for more important information.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.