• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Lucifer

This is one of the difficulties of combining Philosophy and Spirituality. You have to constantly shift gears to discuss each of them. One with logic and one without or something like that. Makes it difficult for me anyway.

It only makes sense to me as a symbol. That is, Lucifer. I used to hang with a faction of thelema/chaos/Luciferians and attended some ceremonys. It was made clear to me that these deities/entities were symbolic representatives of parts of the self. Well, that's what I took from it.

Very interesting, psychedelic peeps. Mad people, my favorite kind.

I got interested in chaos magic for awhile. Once I understood the basic principle behind magic I realized I've been doing it my whole life and I moved on. Some of it was a little far fetched to me. However if all of what they say is true I wouldn't want to be doing it because I'd be sure to get myself into trouble. Like you I'm into a certain type of fringe dwellers.

I attended one ritual which was very odd. I didn't participate but at the climax of the ritual, I had a sudden burst of phosphenes before my eyes, like a migraine but different, lasting about 1 min. At the same time, the ritual leader announced "the elementals are here". Eerie as.

I still like the idea behind kabbalah and Enochian magick, I like the ritual aspect and the drama, but the reality is that I dont think you need either in life. Life is already weird enough.

Hails though.

^

I guess you're right. With the peace keeping and all.

I toyed around with the chi and energy stuff when I was littler.

Most recently I took a small interest in chaos magic, thanks to this forum.

I just don't like the notion that I should hold my idea's to myself for some ideal of keeping peace. I can't do it!

I like kundalini meditation. I have not practised it for a while, but I found myself able to direct a flow of awareness through various parts of my body. This was particularly apparent after a hugely insane DPT experience where I feel like I unlocked the awareness of energy/consciousness flow in the body. It subsided but if I try, I can create tingly feelings all over. Yay. :\ :)

I love the aesthetic of magick, i.e. thelema/Crowley (have you read much by Crowley- interesting/fascintaing strange man...?). My preferred literature is fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural, same with film, etc. I love the idea of unseen forces and layers to reality. Which I think there is, I just don't think they are supernatural or magickal. I think the unseen is made up of the same stuff as the seen phenomena.

Anyway. Ha.

Never heard of Crowley, but I'll give him a look.

I believe unseen forces are at work, just because I have experienced phenomena I cannot explain any other way.

Aleister Crowley is damn interesting. Geunine mad occult moutain climbing nutter.

Lucifer is animal instincts because look at an animal: it only cares about itself, it's off spring, and its sex partner. It's selfish but will fight For people it's ego loves. lucifer can be good work through self, still a laughable concept.

He wants so badly to be the Hero actually. That's why God dominates the devil, because Lucifer feels shame/foolishness when around God.

For sure God restricts the devil and decides what he can and can't do, as he's the one who sustains him.