• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Lucid Dreams

controlling your dreams

im currently trying to master this .

anyone else who can do this ? or is trying ?

discuss here :)

lucidxl5.jpg

i read this book, its pretty interesting
but takes a lot of time and effort to actually "do it"

Lucid dreaming is awesome. I have only had it happen to me twice, but each time it was pretty cool. The hard part for me was to not get too excited and wake up when I realize that I had gone lucid.

Watch a film called 'Waking life'.

I understand that it as nothing to do with 'mastering' dreams but i'm sure you will find it very insightful.

Let me know what you think......

I'm doing some personal research on this at the moment.

It seems that I tend to have mnemonic-initiated lucid dreams in the morning.
It happens on the times that I wake up and fall asleep again for a short period of time, before finally waking up again of a morning.

I don't do it on purpose, I'm not quite sure how it happens but it really only happens at this time of the morning after already having a nights sleep.

As it is though, I always have very vivid dreams through the night time that I tend to remember rather clearly upon waking.

I am pretty sure it's not dreaming, but I constantly do that in the hour before I wake up as well lostNfound. I don't initiate it, but as I feel myself waking in the morning, I'll purposely hold onto certain parts of the dream that are pleasurable or something... making it hard to be fully conscious or fully asleep. It's actually my favorite part of sleep. I can somewhat control what I'm dreaming of, but I still feel like I'm asleep. Then by the time my alarm goes off, I get super pissed because my fantasy got interrupted :) blahhhh

we get a thread on lucid dreaming roughly once every 2 months.
please do a search.

please do a search.

And maybe there is someone two months later who has something better or more interesting to say or point out? I don't think it's bad to bring back one issue so long as it isn't every few days or couple weeks.

I am pretty sure it's not dreaming, but I constantly do that in the hour before I wake up as well lostNfound. I don't initiate it, but as I feel myself waking in the morning, I'll purposely hold onto certain parts of the dream that are pleasurable or something... making it hard to be fully conscious or fully asleep. It's actually my favorite part of sleep. I can somewhat control what I'm dreaming of, but I still feel like I'm asleep. Then by the time my alarm goes off, I get super pissed because my fantasy got interrupted :) blahhhh

sounds like your dream experiences are similiar to mine, my body clock tends to wake up at around 7am or so, it could be because theirs movement in the house from others waking up however i stay in the dream state and am able to control it quite often. Days where im having good dreams however are generally days im late to wake up :p

i can control my dreams maybe once a week its hard to do but fun i fly around causing havoc you know its a dream so anything you try is possible i can jump over skyscrapers its great but you have to have your system clean for it to work though no drugs i notice whenever i shoot sum dope or pop sum pillz i can never sleep right

My buddy set up a program on his comp that used soundwaves to make the sleeper fall into a lucid dream... its fun if you can fall asleep to the sound of static!

And maybe there is someone two months later who has something better or more interesting to say or point out?

of course.
maybe it would be nice to have all such additions in a single thread, sans a proliferation of redundant comments. :)

I'm dreaming lucidly right now.

please do a search.

Basically, this.

I've experimented with lucid dreaming quite often in the past and had a pretty good grip on it, as far as being able to take control of my dreams and differentiate between what is a dream and what is your waking reality.

As with everything else, practice makes perfect. Also a dream journal helps quite a bit. There's a ton of information out there on the web, so just go out a find it. Someone mentioned the movie Waking Life, that's actually what piqued my interest got me into researching this field.

Good luck and don't forget to question everything

yeah i've had this happen before, controlling dreams and lucid dreaming. the lucid dreaming happening a couple times a mon th on average, especially when i go like 24-48 hours without sleep and have a lot of dramitic stuff happen in that time, sometimes on cocaine or heroin.

also I have dreams where i fall asleep and start dreaming within like 10-15 min and have a dream where i say fall off a building, or crash on my bike, something where i am falling and hit the ground and when i hit the ground i awake with a jump.. weird shit, as they say it take 60-90 min minimum for REM sleep to begin.. not for me i guess..

The Carlos Castaneda books on the teaching of Don Juan, a Yaqui Indian. Go into dreaming to an amazing depth.

Try this method, you have to do it night after night though to gain control of it.

As your going to sleep, get yourself into a meditative state. As deep as you possibly can. Visualize yourself in one of your common dreams. Then picture that you lift up your hand and look at it.

If your persistent, in a real dream you may be able to gain enough awareness of yourself, to look at your hand in the dream. Then your on your way to controlling your dreams, a little anyway.

I was able to start to lift my arm in a real dream, but it woke me right up as soon as I knew I was asleep. I should have keep working at it but stopped after that.

It's very difficult to do it, I'd say almost random, but its pretty fucking sweet when you do. Whoever said the hardest thing is not getting excited and waking up, I concur. It's certainly the hardest thing after learning to realize you're in a dream and acknowledging that realization.

It is really badass when you get it though........

Anyone ever try to smoke dmt in a dream??? I've always been quite curious.