• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Injection (I.M. or I.V.)

What's the use of injecting LSD? I don't see any use.. Wouldn't it still take about half an hour for you to come up anyway?

I once soaked half a trip (paper) in water for about 20min and then shot up the water. I had already been tripping hard for 30 or so hours, and it had little effect, if any at all.
I dont know what it would be like doing it from a sober start though......

I'll just wait 'til some crystals fall into my lap.
Heard it was scary because of the immediate onset.

OH Christ!
LSD is the most potent thing I have ever tried (and incidentally, by far my favourite). But it's very easy, and VERY cheap to get large amounts if your tolerance is high! Why mainline it when it's cheaper than most OTC meds???
Please people, take care of yourselves. Your bodies and minds are so beautiful and precious.
Eat those tabs and witness the beauty, not the intensity. That is the difference between enhancing your life and losing your mind.
Peace

Originally posted by Splatt:
What's the use of injecting LSD? I don't see any use.. Wouldn't it still take about half an hour for you to come up anyway?
No, actually the point of IVing it is because it hits you instantaneously. That's really the point of IVing anything isn't it?? Because it goes directly into your blood...
Personally, with LSD I don't mind waiting an hour or so for it to kick in.

if I were you I would consider abstaining from injecting a chemical that is so readily absorbable via an oral route. There is no need to inject LSD. Other pyschedelic chemicals that pose an administration problem however, are a different story...

DnkHrb5: sure I've heard a mod here tell someone that. So I just believed it :p

yea you definitly dont want to IV the cid. Reason being, one time i met this dude at a festival and he was tellin us one time when he was bored he was sittin by the highway with his friends, and one of them had some crystal lsd in an IV and he shot it into his vein. this crystal was the equivilant of approximitly 400 sheets of lsd. it hit him so hard and so fast he blacked out, fell off a picnic table and fucked his jaw up. he woke up in the hospital not remembering a thing. So eat it, it will last longer and it wont jump on you like a ton of bricks. enjoyyyy

John Lilly took most of his reported LSD trips via IM injection (lab grade from sandoze) and he always reported about the same delay as oral users do.
Also, I believe it was in "Center of the Cyclone", he described a terrible experience of a toxic reaction to the injection (cotton fever maybe) which was then only made worse by the fact that he was tripping and could not figure
out what had happened.
There is no good reason to try this.
[ 24 October 2002: Message edited by: evlove ]

i think curiosity is a good reason. isn't that why many of us started using in the first place?
not to mention the acid drought everyone's been complaining about. yeah, i know it's 'out there if you look for it' but but that's only in populated places. if you picked up two or three hits, and wanted them to last for three or more trips, iv it.
i'm not saying you should, and i definately would never try it myself (not much of an acid fan here) but like the age old saying goes, curiosity killed the cat.
(did this make any sense?)

The only recorded overdose from LSD was from injecting a HUGE dose, the person thinking it was speed.

What do you call their mental state.. If they "overdose" (you say it's almost impossible).... Can you explain that to me? o_O I know you can recieve drug induced psychosis...

^^ seriously?.. I was under the impression that LSD's non-toxic, for the most part... How did it kill him?

For those concerned about immediate medical hazards in ingesting LSD...Abram Hoffer has estimated, on the basis of animal studies, that the half-lethal human dose--meaning half would die--would be about 14,000 [ug]. But one person who took 40,000 ug survived. In the only case of death reportedly caused by overdose, the quantity of LSD in the blood indicated that 320,000 ug had been injected intravenously

..320 mg of LSD injected intravenously under the mistaken idea it was speed (this killed the user and appears to be the only instance of death by LSD overdose).

If you were going to inject LSD, wouldnt you just need to dip the end of the needle into the liquid LSD and you would have your dosage?