View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Seizure

kep

Greenlighter
So, one of my friends took "pure" LSD a while back and seized during it. (I say "pure" because it was reiterated that it was)
My friend has absolutely no history of seizures or no other serious health problems at that.
What could the LSD have been potentially laced with for a seizure to happen? Or could it just have happened by chance?

It could have been laced with anything. Literally. Nobody will know without having tested the ORIGINAL substance, and nobody here is going to take pointless guesses at what it could have been....sorry.

A lot of psychedelics can lower the seizure threshold, so it is possible that actual LSD could have caused this.

However, NBOMes are frequently passed off as LSD. Almost every serious NBOMe overdose I've read about has included seizures, so that's a possibility to consider as well.

I didn't know. I was just wondering if there was something that when mixed with LSD it would almost certainly cause a seizure.
Thanks, though.

Test your drugs before buying and consuming so you know you have the real thing first of all....

I've never had a seizure from LSD but I have from mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt.
It seems to be a MUCH more common phenomenon with tryptamines than ergoloids or phenethylamines

Was it bitter or relatively tasteless? Seems most likely it was an NBOMe as they are known to cause seizures and very commonly passed off as LSD either knowingly or unknowingly.

^This. Nbomes and Tryptamines both are known to cause seizures, but seeing as most trypts won't fit on blotter, I think there's a good chance it could have been an Nbome. Some of the Nbome deaths I've read about have been people being on their own, then suffering a seizure and choking on their own vomit.

LSD can most definitely cause seizures, at low doses perfectly possible although if it happens it's generally a one off and the person can trip again no problem. Look into the possibility of benzos or overuse of serotonin based drugs also.

If you take a large amount by accident this can also cause bad repeated seizures, the whole 'thumbprint' shit isn't as sweet in reality supposedly.

NBOMEs have a higher seizure threshold rate and are more likely to induce them. They also carry the risk of killing you without really any indication, they are really a much more dangerous territory side effects wise as a whole. Much safer and more powerful, euphoric psychedelics out there than the NBOMEs.

A friend of mine had a terrifying seizure on 2 tabs of 200ug blotter. I can't verify that it was definately 200ug but it was most definately just acid.
His breathing went odd and he frothed at the mouth slightly. We put him in the recovery position and contacted his mother for medical history to see if has a history of seizures at all. He didn't but he was on a medication called Mirtazapine, a medication involved in the one and only time out of the many times that i have done shrooms when i had seizure about 40mins after taking it.
Seemingly the only difference was when i woke up i threw up and my trip felt gone and replaced by a nausea, headache and need for sleep.
He didn't come back very normal. He was talking gibberish, couldn't talk, walk or do much of anything really, light would scare him but he was happy. Just really scared, waking up in unfamiliar surroundings with people he didn't live with, he's also been diagnosed as autistic since which may lend to a stronger trip. He detached from reality on a lot of psychedelics. He no longer takes them due to good advice from good friends. :) Happy tripping!

LSD can most definitely cause seizures, at low doses perfectly possible although if it happens it's generally a one off and the person can trip again no problem. Look into the possibility of benzos or overuse of serotonin based drugs also.

If you take a large amount by accident this can also cause bad repeated seizures, the whole 'thumbprint' shit isn't as sweet in reality supposedly.
[/QUOTE

This is correct in my experience. And read the pubmed article that DNA linked..

There have been instances of people having seizures after taking what is believed to be pure LSD. In fact, it happened to me. I don't talk about it much and it's never happened again, but I once had a brief seizure (followed by some disorientation and memory loss when I woke up) during the come-up of a particularly strong acid trip after I'd been dosed with a LARGE amount of liquid (like 10+ doses when I was expecting 1, and had already taken 4 strong tabs). It has never happened to me again and I have tripped multiple times since (LSD each time).

I didn't know. I was just wondering if there was something that when mixed with LSD it would almost certainly cause a seizure.
Thanks, though.

yes. my friend is on certain medications that after researching he found that combined with LSD, heightens the risk of a seizure. sorry but that is all the detail i know lol

Lithium is well-known to cause seizures when mixed with LSD, very dangerous. Probably some other psychiatric drugs too but I don't know specifics off the top of my head.

i wonder if lsd analogues such as lsz or al-lad react this way with lithium also? anybody know?

Well let me tell you a story. My friend gave some girl 3 hits and she had a seizure and legally died for a few minutes. And it was extremely pure, she also took 3 so thats prolly why. Your friend was either on an NBOMe but it could of been extremely overdosed L, no way to tell without a chromatograph

i wonder if lsd analogues such as lsz or al-lad react this way with lithium also? anybody know?

Yes, they would react this way with lithium also. At least, there's no reason for us to assume otherwise, so treat the combo in the same way as you would with LSD.