View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Playing Cards Drug Ring - With Video Link

futura2012

Bluelighter
Wondering if anyone knows of the whereabouts of the documentary about the Playing Card LSD drug ring that got busted in Hereford in UK around 1989 / 1990?

This lab were responsible for the Jokers, Batman, Red Dragons, Green Dragons and all the really strong trips around that time.

The lab got busted by the police raiding their rubbish and finding notes trying to figure out the dose per trip. Also their unusual vodka purchasing at the local Sainsburys.

Its an awesome documentary. If anyone knows of it would massively appreciate a link or something.

Here is a news video I found about the same thing. This is the ITN news reel when they got busted

http://www.itnsource.com/en/shotlist//ITN/1992/05/28/BSP280592016/?s=lsd+lab&st=0&pn=1&v=0

I think the documentary is a BBC production.

Hope someone can help. Thank you.

Last edited:
them red dragons were nice!

Think i know the documentary you mean, didnt one of the gang end up being classed as unfit for trial after inhaling alcohol / lsd fumes for a prolonged period ?

dont know if or where you'd find it online....got a vauge hunch it was ITV / ITN not the bbc....but could be totally wrong there

off topic nostalgia - did a red dragon on a sunny day, and there were a couple of people mowing thier lawns, the lawn mower sound became a lazy, phased, flangy, wah-wah kind of sound.
That sound became a feature of quite a few trips after, even now sometimes the sound of a lawn mower will make me smile

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply

The red dragon was the first drug I ever tried in my life at 16.

It totally blew my head off. I was not actually in reality for 12 hours or so.

They were around in about 1989 thats when I took it. I think they were circu 250uG I think that is what is reported in the doc.

I could never figure out why I was so out of my mind. When I watched this documentary it showed how at first the lab were little flakey with doses. The police actually discovered in the rubbish dose maths so no wonder they were all so strong.

didnt one of the gang end up being classed as unfit for trial after inhaling alcohol / lsd fumes for a prolonged period ?

I vagely remembe something like this. I think it is at least an hour or so doc. I remember it being very interesting.

did a red dragon on a sunny day, and there were a couple of people mowing thier lawns, the lawn mower sound became a lazy, phased, flangy, wah-wah kind of sound. That sound became a feature of quite a few trips after,

I only ever took lsd twice in my life but the 2nd one was definitely re occuring of the first red dragon. Interesting how the trips do this. Perhaps the stronger trips make heavier memories or impregnations.

got a vauge hunch it was ITV / ITN not the bbc

Based on my video link above that would make sense. Lets hope someone knows where it is. A great LSD video to add to the collection. I dont like the Op Julie Doc its kinda dull. No lab pics or you dont see the good guys only the cops.