View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(LSD) Not sure how high my tolerance currently is? [new in forum!]

andrelo

Greenlighter
Hello everyone is really good to be part of this forum, especially now that I started taking LSD since last week. I am taking it because I want to find solutions for my problems and I want to microdose to be more productive...
So my main goal is to microdose but before start doing it I was planning to have some trips to fully experience the effects of LSD.

I am a beginner and before taking LSD I didnt know anything about tolerance, which caused me to waste about 5 tabs in 3 trips...
Something that I dont know is how high my tolerance currently is, hope you guys can help me with this info..

-(Saturday)First Day I took about 80ug
- (Monday)Second Day I took about 130ug at first, it was a good trip i decided to take another 100ug(this is when i found out its a bad idea to take more LSD after your first hit) total = 230ug
-(Thursday)Third Day I took about 180ug.. this was to have the same effects of the 2nd day(which was pretty good!) = 180ug

So in 3 trips i took 80ug + 230ug + 180ug = 490ug
So does that mean that since Thursday I have 490ug in my system? or should I just count the 180ug I took that day?
I really hope you guys can tell me what my tolerance currently is and if my assumption is right.. I want to know because I plan to trip again on Friday(8 days from the last trip) and it will help me to know how many ug should i take to have an equivalent trip of 230ug

- Also on the 2nd day i made the mistake of taking 100ug after 2.5hrs of my first hit.. Ive heard that after a few hours your receptors close up(this is the reason why the intensity of my trip didn't increase).. will those 100ug are counted into my tolerance level?

I know this is something that an unexperienced person might ask, but i just want to learn and benefit from the LSD I have left.. THANKS!

Last edited:
generally, tolerance is completely gone two weeks after tripping. It may depend on how much and how often you use LSD, so I don't know how it will work out for microdosing. Personally I like to wait longer than two weeks between trips to keep the experience special.

Hey there, welcome. :)

Watch out if you just started taking LSD and you're already trying to take it this often. There is definitely such a thing as too much, and you can't keep up that level of use. I've tried...

@donviliet Thanks I just want to have a "real" trip before starting to microdose, the 3 times I did it was just like a buzz which was great!

@Xorkoth thanks for the advice I Know is too much for my first times but I did this high amounts of LSD because of not knowing how to properly use it... If I had known more about tolerance and stuff, then I wouldnt had taken that much of LSD in one week... I want to feel the experience and then just Microdose to be productive!

One week your tolerance will be back to normal, I do acid mainly every weekend and every now and then I'll wait a month because like donvliet said, waiting 2-4 weeks will bring back the enlightening aspect of LSD back. as microdosing goes, you cant microdose everyday. Tolerance for LSD gains very rapidly.

@Xorkoth thanks for the advice I Know is too much for my first times but I did this high amounts of LSD because of not knowing how to properly use it... If I had known more about tolerance and stuff, then I wouldnt had taken that much of LSD in one week... I want to feel the experience and then just Microdose to be productive!

I wasn't talking about too high a dose, I meant using psychedelics too often. Some people (like me) love psychedelics, and my path after a while was to slowly take them more and more often until it was way too often and I almost lost the magic for good, and really wore myself out. Just saying, watch that. Some people feel like they wouldn't even want to take psychedelics more than once every few months or even less (like my girlfriend), but some should be wary they don't make a habit of using them too often because that's where things can get pretty negative. You seem really eager and it reminded me of myself, so I thought I'd say it. :)

Tolerance to LSD builds very quickly and this may affect the effects of microdosing wait 3 weeks and it should be fine if you're set on doing that.

@Xorkoth Yea well I just want to have one trip and then start microdosing...BTW do you think that the magic will go away if I microdose 2-3 times a week and then try to have a trip at least once every two months?

I'm sort of curious what you hope to achieve. I have enough LSD to microdose for an extended time and have really considered it but a friend who has done this experienced increasing anxiety and even some delusions. He was consuming probably 30ug a day for a few weeks. He was using it to increase his musical creativity and as a nootropic stimulant.

Incidentally, I don't think the doses you refer to are microdoses by any means. 80ug is enough for a decent and discernible psychedelic effect, going above that is entering True Trip Territory. I assumed that microdosing was sub-psychedelic doses of say 20-30ug...?

Some people even talk about doses like 12.5ug for microdosing.