Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD Megadose - 7 days of hell

Didgital

Moderator: PD
Staff member
So before I get into the story, this is my 2nd lysergamide thumbprint if you will, my first was with AL-LAD. I've taken LSD hundreds of times before, but nothing like this has ever happened.

In this case it all started when I was filling a vial of liquid LSD. I overfilled it and even though I was wearing gloves I stupidly decided I didn't want to waste even a few drops so I licked the outside of the bottle. Well that got out of hand way quicker than I imagined, so I decided to stop working. My roommate tells me that I told him, that I also licked a tiny bit of crystal. I don't remember that, apparently just licking the vial was enough to put me in a blackout which I've never experienced with LSD up to 1200 mics. I also don't remember the first 2 days which I am told I spent most of on the living room floor writhing and laughing.

Day 1-2: Very little memory of it.

Day 3: I started to come out of what I now call the heavy phase. It was indescribable. One of the first things that I do remember is my roommate asking me if he could try the LSD. I was still having visuals that would maybe be equivalent to 1mg, but also there wasn't any of the time distortion that can occur on larger doses. I said "look, I think this is a bad idea" but he was rather insistent and I was still tripping balls and not thinking super clearly. I was more in trauma mode. So I agreed. I forget actual order of things but for the sake of the story, I'll say right after he took it, His girlfriend comes over with an unknown girl that was having her own psychotic breakdown. She basically invades my roommates room, breaks up with him in the worst way calling him a rapist etc. I don't really put much stock in what she said, I have seen this girl so high on ketamine that she does not know which way is up countless times. So yeah, my bad trip got a lot worse. I basically took my roommate into my room and had to hold him for 3 hours while we watched movies and tried to chill. I don't know if it was the energy or if I accidentally re exposed myself, but I was getting higher and higher. Here was another mistake too.. after the roommate leaves my room, I just felt all the negativity of the whole situation, and I wanted to relax so I took a small amount of MDMA, maybe 50mg. I kind of regret it because as the days wore on, I needed all the serotonin possible and there were moments later in my LSD trip that I was wracked with anxiety. Had I not taken MDMA, i don't think these instances would have been so unbearable. I still didn't sleep that night.

Day 4: The girls leave and roommates friend came over and sat and talked with him for several hours which was great because I was still tripping, hadn't slept yet, and I just didn't know how to make the situation any better. So at that point he is feeling a bit better. I know I called and talked to a lot of people, but I barely remember having most conversations. Up until this point, it was very much like a dreamstate. My memory is very very hazy at this point.

Day 5: I am starting to feel a little bit better? Maybe this is light at the end of the tunnel? I end up taking roommate to the airport and I also started taking care of my neighbors dogs which turned out to be a god send. They no longer bark and I spent many hours just chilling with the dogs. I got back home and did kind of a deep clean of the house just in case i was reexposing myself. This evening I have a girlfriend over and we have a really good night. And we took a tiny of MDMA again. I was able to fall asleep, but it wasn't the deepest rest. Memory still seems terrible and I can't form new memories very well.

Day 6: I wake up and god damnit, not only am I tripping, I seem to be tripping harder. This was maybe the worst day. Crippled with anxiety over several things going on in my life, and I also started to have the thought, that I would be like this forever. At some point I took a little bit of mitragynine pseudoindoxyl which is an oxidized kratom compound which deserves its own Trip Report, because it's very rare... Felt better for a while but as it wore off the panic came back. I decided i should go get some booze. Got a few beers and shooters, got drunk and fell asleep after getting some mexican food. I had barely eaten anything up to this point I just didn't have much of an appetite. I'm starting to be able to form memories better.

Day 7: I wake up, and I'm STILL tripping, though it seems like less intensely. I end up chilling most of the day, but in the evening I went out and got a 12 pack of imperial IPA and got hammered. Was trying to knock myself out essentially. As I was slamming these beers I started tripping again very strongly. Instead of being terribly worried, I was more resigned at this point. This is when I started to notice my body just become more and more tense. A female entity that was reminiscent of an anime character appeared to me floating. She was hovering over me guiding me where to touch myself. This was not in a sexual way this was self massage. I should state here, for significant portions of my 7 day trip, I was also experiencing difficulty regulating my body temperature. I would break out sweating in a normal temperature. I finally passed out.

Day 8: Thank god, this nightmare is finally over. I woke up, I am super hungover, quite a bit shaky, but I've realized the LSD is truly gone, and that I didn't ruin my life/have permanent psychosis. After day 5 I had really started wondering. Today is still day 8. I'm a little mentally fragile, but I figured my memory of the event is probably the freshest its going to be so I might as well write up the TR. Here is one other thing though. I had bruises appear on random spots of my body overnight apparently. I'm hoping they resolve soon, but it was very strange. It hurts to even type on a laptop. There is a lot more I could say, but I'm also quite exhausted. I may come back and edit the post at some point. I may want to change the name of the report, because it wasn't all hell. I just didn't know if it was going to end.

I'm just glad this is over. It was totally unnecessary, especially as I have had so many mega doses already. Was not worth all the stress. I do wonder how much of the experience was psychosis, but I felt the LSD in my system until I woke up on day 8.

Some additional afterthoughts:

"Will not repeat"

"This time, I didn't do it alone, so I avoided at least one of the previous mistakes I'd made with megadoses. That was my biggest mistake my first time. I still acted way too spontaneously and that can be a character defect of mine for sure."

Here is my original AL-LAD TR: https://www.bluelight.org/community/threads/al-lad-experienced-al-lad-thumbprint.847901/

"I don't know my actual dose of AL-LAD, but it was very likely over 5mg, I doubt if I took 5 mg of LSD, that seems high. If I touched the crystal, it was a very tiny amount, a few mg at most"

"Day 9: I feel pretty much normal, ive slept, ive eaten, the strange bruising and soreness is lessening."

Last edited:
Wow. I once licked the inside of a bag of nbome and had a similar level of "oh fuck". Greed was my sin too, couldn't stand to look at that baggy coated in powder after I ran out of doses. Justified it with, well the law is gunna change you don't want this layin around....

Sorry that happened man.

take away for people reading this, if you have lsd (or most any psych) in pure form you need to be very very careful and keep your mouth tf away from it. Better to waste than end up wasted (in a bad way).

Wow! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone tripping for 7 days without re-dosing, and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone *successfully* tripping for 7 straight days even *with* re-dosing because of extreme tolerance.

If I may ask some questions to satisfy my curiosity: How long does 1 mg LSD last for you? I'm guessing 36 hours maybe? What's the longest trip you've had on LSD, other than this one, and what dose was it (if you know)? I'm trying to imagine what kind of dose it would take to have a 7 day LSD trip, and it seems like it would have be to be in the 10s of mg or even over 100 mg. Honestly I don't know. Regardless, I think this case qualifies as a potentially dangerous overdose rather than merely a mega dose. I'm glad you are alive and hope you make a full recovery.

@iom It has been years since I've played around with high dose LSD, but I've had several 24 hr trips. Most of my higher dose trips usually turned out better if i did not ingest all the LSD at once, but rather eased myself in. I did take a 10 strip all at once and that was actually pretty rough as well, but even that lasted only a day. The AL-LAD trip, which was definitely at least 5mg, was thankfully also short, it lasted 24 hours or so, maybe a little longer. Most of my high dose LSD trips I was able to sleep after a day. This time no way.

There's no way it could have been 100mg, and I can't really rationalize even 10, but I do agree it was certainly a potentially dangerous OD, more so mentally than physically. Fortunately I had people around me. I'm historically very sensitive to psychedelics in general, my typical dose for LSD is 150ug and that alone will usually have me rolling around for an hour. I am more likely to report my more difficult trips than my nice easy ones, which probably number in the thousands.

There is a good chance there was was re-exposure/redosing. After day 3, I totally avoided the area where I'd worked because I felt like I was just getting higher randomly, until day 5 when I figured my tolerance was so overblown I might as well just glove up and go clean it 5 times in a row.

I do think day 7 was mysterious, I'm not sure how I could have exposed myself that day. Also I've never encountered an entity/spirit on a lysergamide before, and this was possibly the most profound LSD visual experience I've ever had.

It could have been just a temporary/partial psychosis but I genuinely felt the LSD present for several days.

Would agree. It was not a well thought out decision.

oh wow an entity on a lysergamide? Do you attribute this to the LSD or quite possible dehydration/starvation. I am intrigued too, what did you drink, how often did you eat? 7 days is a long world in acid time, even the nbome. Well i'll be honest it was x hours of total blackout but I am pretty sure less than 48 hours, even 36. Crappy substance, availability is king though lol.

No judgement at all, I basically made that same HORRIBLE HORRIBLE decision with a much more toxic psych. You have learned your lesson I am quite sure. Anyone reading this thinking "week long trip, EPIC" or w/e kids say now....they are the ones the takeaway is for.

it wont be so cool when you forget how to use your toilet 4 days in to an acid binge (or much worse) I just thought of that because one time I couldn't find my own toilet in my own bathroom! I did make it back into the woods to piss but it was terrifying as hell. As were the noises out there lol.

Last edited:
Much love brother I'm glad you came out alright. I fuckin love acid but Skorpio is givin some legit advice especially if you got others in the house.

wipe surfaces with 10% household bleach
Got plenty of hypochlorite here. Makes sense but i never applied bleach. Its all woodwork, so i just been hitting with h2o and iso repeatedly.

I do not trust that little spot.

There was a person 3 and 4. Person 3 went 3 days with a single drop...

Person 4 was fine, albeit definitely a more massive person. Didn't think much about it.

Bad L or just way too strong?

There is a good chance there was was re-exposure/redosing. After day 3, I totally avoided the area where I'd worked because I felt like I was just getting higher randomly, until day 5 when I figured my tolerance was so overblown I might as well just glove up and go clean it 5 times in a row.
That's the only way i could see this happening, re dosing. The chick who snorted a line of LSD was fine the next day. There is no way you had a seven day trip from half a vial. I have found that increased dosages makes it more intense but it doesn't make it longer, no matter how much I do, 12 hours later i'm fine. The time i swallowed a unknown but large amount when the cops were coming i thought i was going to trip for a month, but it lasted a normal length of time. I'm not saying I don't believe you, and i like you as a person digital, but i'm questioning this story

Bad L or just way too strong?
I think that is a large question Digital. I also never heard of anyone tripping for days on LSD. And the mention of someone tripping for 3 days on one drop seems strange. But what is also strange is I know a lot of you are beyond in the know when it comes to these things so the notion it was "bad" L seems the least likely scenario although I don't know what the situation is. Thumbprints came after my time when I went to Grateful Dead concerts. Puddles, pooring liquid in a hand and taking all of it was more common. But even then the next day these people were down and ingesting again.

But I am curious as to other thoughts on this. I could be in the minority but even large doses of LSD wear off in 10-14 hours for me. Now the very strong afterglow can last a week and every time I smoke weed it brings it back. But this sounds different.

I wonder if we have a new lysergamide that can last 48 hours or so. Or if this is just an anomaly for straight up LSD. I know I said it is best to face forward. But now the story is making me curious. :)

So before I get into the story, this is my 2nd lysergamide thumbprint if you will, my first was with AL-LAD. I've taken LSD hundreds of times before, but nothing like this has ever happened.

In this case it all started when I was filling a vial of liquid LSD. I overfilled it and even though I was wearing gloves I stupidly decided I didn't want to waste even a few drops so I licked the outside of the bottle. Well that got out of hand way quicker than I imagined, so I decided to stop working. My roommate tells me that I told him, that I also licked a tiny bit of crystal. I don't remember that, apparently just licking the vial was enough to put me in a blackout which I've never experienced with LSD up to 1200 mics. I also don't remember the first 2 days which I am told I spent most of on the living room floor writhing and laughing.

Day 1-2: Very little memory of it.

Day 3: I started to come out of what I now call the heavy phase. It was indescribable. One of the first things that I do remember is my roommate asking me if he could try the LSD. I was still having visuals that would maybe be equivalent to 1mg, but also there wasn't any of the time distortion that can occur on larger doses. I said "look, I think this is a bad idea" but he was rather insistent and I was still tripping balls and not thinking super clearly. I was more in trauma mode. So I agreed. I forget actual order of things but for the sake of the story, I'll say right after he took it, His girlfriend comes over with an unknown girl that was having her own psychotic breakdown. She basically invades my roommates room, breaks up with him in the worst way calling him a rapist etc. I don't really put much stock in what she said, I have seen this girl so high on ketamine that she does not know which way is up countless times. So yeah, my bad trip got a lot worse. I basically took my roommate into my room and had to hold him for 3 hours while we watched movies and tried to chill. I don't know if it was the energy or if I accidentally re exposed myself, but I was getting higher and higher. Here was another mistake too.. after the roommate leaves my room, I just felt all the negativity of the whole situation, and I wanted to relax so I took a small amount of MDMA, maybe 50mg. I kind of regret it because as the days wore on, I needed all the serotonin possible and there were moments later in my LSD trip that I was wracked with anxiety. Had I not taken MDMA, i don't think these instances would have been so unbearable. I still didn't sleep that night.

Day 4: The girls leave and roommates friend came over and sat and talked with him for several hours which was great because I was still tripping, hadn't slept yet, and I just didn't know how to make the situation any better. So at that point he is feeling a bit better. I know I called and talked to a lot of people, but I barely remember having most conversations. Up until this point, it was very much like a dreamstate. My memory is very very hazy at this point.

Day 5: I am starting to feel a little bit better? Maybe this is light at the end of the tunnel? I end up taking roommate to the airport and I also started taking care of my neighbors dogs which turned out to be a god send. They no longer bark and I spent many hours just chilling with the dogs. I got back home and did kind of a deep clean of the house just in case i was reexposing myself. This evening I have a girlfriend over and we have a really good night. And we took a tiny of MDMA again. I was able to fall asleep, but it wasn't the deepest rest. Memory still seems terrible and I can't form new memories very well.

Day 6: I wake up and god damnit, not only am I tripping, I seem to be tripping harder. This was maybe the worst day. Crippled with anxiety over several things going on in my life, and I also started to have the thought, that I would be like this forever. At some point I took a little bit of mitragynine pseudoindoxyl which is an oxidized kratom compound which deserves its own Trip Report, because it's very rare... Felt better for a while but as it wore off the panic came back. I decided i should go get some booze. Got a few beers and shooters, got drunk and fell asleep after getting some mexican food. I had barely eaten anything up to this point I just didn't have much of an appetite. I'm starting to be able to form memories better.

Day 7: I wake up, and I'm STILL tripping, though it seems like less intensely. I end up chilling most of the day, but in the evening I went out and got a 12 pack of imperial IPA and got hammered. Was trying to knock myself out essentially. As I was slamming these beers I started tripping again very strongly. Instead of being terribly worried, I was more resigned at this point. This is when I started to notice my body just become more and more tense. A female entity that was reminiscent of an anime character appeared to me floating. She was hovering over me guiding me where to touch myself. This was not in a sexual way this was self massage. I should state here, for significant portions of my 7 day trip, I was also experiencing difficulty regulating my body temperature. I would break out sweating in a normal temperature. I finally passed out.

Day 8: Thank god, this nightmare is finally over. I woke up, I am super hungover, quite a bit shaky, but I've realized the LSD is truly gone, and that I didn't ruin my life/have permanent psychosis. After day 5 I had really started wondering. Today is still day 8. I'm a little mentally fragile, but I figured my memory of the event is probably the freshest its going to be so I might as well write up the TR. Here is one other thing though. I had bruises appear on random spots of my body overnight apparently. I'm hoping they resolve soon, but it was very strange. It hurts to even type on a laptop. There is a lot more I could say, but I'm also quite exhausted. I may come back and edit the post at some point. I may want to change the name of the report, because it wasn't all hell. I just didn't know if it was going to end.

I'm just glad this is over. It was totally unnecessary, especially as I have had so many mega doses already. Was not worth all the stress. I do wonder how much of the experience was psychosis, but I felt the LSD in my system until I woke up on day 8.

Some additional afterthoughts:

"Will not repeat"

"This time, I didn't do it alone, so I avoided at least one of the previous mistakes I'd made with megadoses. That was my biggest mistake my first time. I still acted way too spontaneously and that can be a character defect of mine for sure."

Here is my original AL-LAD TR: https://www.bluelight.org/community/threads/al-lad-experienced-al-lad-thumbprint.847901/

"I don't know my actual dose of AL-LAD, but it was very likely over 5mg, I doubt if I took 5 mg of LSD, that seems high. If I touched the crystal, it was a very tiny amount, a few mg at most"

"Day 9: I feel pretty much normal, ive slept, ive eaten, the strange bruising and soreness is lessening."
I can't take any LSD anymore without having horrifying paranoid psychosis. Thanks for sharing.

But I am curious as to other thoughts on this. I could be in the minority but even large doses of LSD wear off in 10-14 hours for me. Now the very strong afterglow can last a week and every time I smoke weed it brings it back. But this sounds different.

I absolutely agree! I can't recall hearing about anyone tripping on a single dose of LSD for more than 24 hours. As I see it there are two realistic possibilities. Either re-dosing occurred in both subjects, which I find highly unlikely (even if by accident through fomite contact), or the drug in question is not LSD at all.

I can only guess, on the basis of my limited knowledge, that this may have been bromo-dragonfly, but many things are possible. I further suspect that the bruising which appeared late in the trip may have been caused by severe muscle damage and possible rhabdomyolysis, which can occur in psychedelic overdoses scenarios but which I believe is much more common with things like bromo-dragonfly than LSD. If my assessment is at least roughly correct, then @Didgital may have been precariously close to kidney failure and is perhaps fortunate to have survived.

I hope you are feeling better @Didgital. With luck, you'll make a full recovery.

I absolutely agree! I can't recall hearing about anyone tripping on a single dose of LSD for more than 24 hours. As I see it there are two realistic possibilities. Either re-dosing occurred in both subjects, which I find highly unlikely (even if by accident through fomite contact), or the drug in question is not LSD at all.

I can only guess, on the basis of my limited knowledge, that this may have been bromo-dragonfly, but many things are possible. I further suspect that the bruising which appeared late in the trip may have been caused by severe muscle damage and possible rhabdomyolysis, which can occur in psychedelic overdoses scenarios but which I believe is much more common with things like bromo-dragonfly than LSD. If my assessment is at least roughly correct, then @Didgital may have been precariously close to kidney failure and is perhaps fortunate to have survived.

I hope you are feeling better @Didgital. With luck, you'll make a full recovery.
Hehehe gimme a day to respond

bromo-dragonfly
If it was bromodragonfly id likely be dead. I do have the capacity to get it analyzed however i cant really afford sacrificing 50mg, the minimum sample size. Not that it matters, but i will say it was white clear shards

i cant really afford sacrificing 50mg, the minimum sample size.
I'm curious, and you'll have to pardon the interventionist nature of this question.
Couldn't you mix a couple of milligrams with about 60mg of stabilizing agent? That way they have enough to test with, and you wouldn't have to lose a lot.

If it was my lab and I was imposing a 50mg requirement, it would be because if someone mailed me a funky looking little plastic bag, I wouldn't want to have to guess what it was inside that they wanted me to test. I'd want to have adequate sample.

I mean first thing in their regimen they're going to dilute it anyway, innit?

I mean I'd have to imagine that you've moved on emotionally but I'm nothing if not obsessive over quality control and analytics. Makes me wish I still had lab access, heh.

Science!

I'd have to guess that sugar would be a reasonable stabilizing agent.

had to skim through this again before i asked would the OP do this again, and i see "would not repeat" as the first after thought. lol... sounds crazy... i really get the point where i'm loosing touch with reality from 500-1000ugs.. can't imagine thumbprints or whatever... i know my back is messed up, so i wouldn't try it even if i were at a cool legal festival at this point. all that rolling around on the ground would knock my spine out of alignment hardcore and give me some bad headaches and what not. prob wouldn't even try this if it were free and for a million dollars. lol. would be fearing for my life cause of injuring my back more.

If it was bromodragonfly id likely be dead. I do have the capacity to get it analyzed however i cant really afford sacrificing 50mg, the minimum sample size. Not that it matters, but i will say it was white clear shards

There's one more thing that bothers me here. If you saw the powder that went in to the solution, I assume you know the approximate concentration of it? And if a single drop, "one hit" of LSD (maybe 75 ug???) , made your roommate trip for 3 days, then that's just nuts! I mean I think bromodragonfly and just about everything else requires a larger dose or else it will be quite weak.

To be honest, if all I had was 50 mg of the stuff, I'd probably send it in just to figure out WTF it is. I would not want to take any more myself without knowing more, especially as some psychedelics (like NBOMes) have proven to be very risky for many people. I also would not be comfortable sharing it with another person unless I trusted them to be responsible, which probably means they wouldn't want to take it either.

Now if by chance you still think it might be LSD and maybe your roommate just had a 3 day long contact high, then you could try diluting the hell out of it and titrating up to a (+), which by definition should give a clear indication of its time-line. If it's 3 days long at a (+), then screw that shit!

Good luck with this saga!

Last edited: