View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD identification

countlaz

Greenlighter
Hello all new to the forums here and would like to just ask a question. SWIM was able to get their hands onto a vial containing what was told to be LSD. Unfortunately it was thru a friend of a friend as he has no reliable sources that he knows directly. The vial is clear and the liquid seems to be clear as well, but SWIM took the cap off to smell the vial and it had a minty smell to it. Is it possible for LSD to have a minty smell? Or does that sound like some other type of chem? SWIM is relatively new to the psychedelic scene and just does not want to take a RC based off what he has heard... any info would be greatly appreciated %)

Hi and welcome to bluelight / PD.

Please don't say SWIM or anything like that, it's not allowed on the forum. I realize that it's the other way round on some other fora. :)

LSD can often come in bottles that previously contained mint drops, so that is where your mint smell would come from. It doesn't tell you much, other compounds can also be put into a mint dropper bottle.

We can't and won't identify a drug for you, that too is against the rules. There is simply no real way of telling besides testing your "LSD" with a reagent i.e. a home drug test from a kit or something like that. Of course there are a few places you can get it lab analyzed but most free ones are in European countries.
The reagent you want is called Ehrlich's reagent, and it is sold under descriptors like 'LSD reagent test kit' or something like that. If it turns pink/purple it indicates the presence of indoles, and that leaves you with a lot less possibilities it could be. Still no 100% certainty though. It then could still be a tryptamine (any kind cause it is not on blotter but in liquid solution basically), or something like AL-LAD.

Thank you for the help, and my apologies for breaking the rules - I suppose I should have read the beginners guide lol