View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Fact Sheet - Tips? Ideas?

Chetineva

Greenlighter
Hello folks! In the spirit of harm reduction, I am creating a series of fact sheets about popular drugs, starting with LSD-25. Here's the plan:

Each sheet will be 8.5x11, standard printer paper size. The first drafts will be printed on basic printer paper, black & white, and one-sided. However, if they turn out especially nice and if there's enough information to warrant it, I'll upgrade to double-sided pages, in color, fully laminated. I'd like to include everything from all the necessities (dosage, duration, contraindications, etc) to some basic historical notes and other random factoids. These are some ideas I'd like to include (but of course, everything is subject to change!):

- Erowid's Duration/effect curve chart: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/images/duration_chart_lsd.gif

- Basic 2D molecule image: http://undergroundbiochemist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/LSD-1.jpg

- Albert Hoffman's original journal entry!
I suddenly became strangely inebriated. The external world
became changed as in a dream. Objects appeared to gain inrelief;
they assumed unusual dimensions; and colors became more glowing.
Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the
eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing
kaleidoscope. After a few hours, the not unpleasant inebriation,
which had been experienced whilst I was fully conscious, disappeared.
what had caused this condition?
- - Albert Hofmann
- - Laboratory Notes (1943)

- Erowid's list of Postive/Negative Neutral effects (perhaps condensed/reorganized?)

- Contraindications: separated into Inhibitory, Excitatory, and Dangerous subcategories. (This part is very much unfinished and I could use some help with it!)
  • Inhibitory
Antidepressants/SSRIs
Opiates
Benzodiazepines
(etc)​

• Excitatory
MAOIs
(etc)​

• Dangerous/unsafe
Alcohol/GHB/inebriants
Amphetamines/cocaine/Uppers
Ibogaine
(etc)

This section would also include a standard *DO NOT DRIVE/OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY* disclaimer, as well as advising pregnant women against taking the substance (can cause uterine contractions). It would also advise those with a family history of mental instability/schizophrenia/etc to exercise extreme caution.

- Dosage directions and common forms the drug takes (In this case; blotters, liquid, crystal, etc(?))

- A warning listing drugs that are often mislabeled or sold as acid (25i and friends), along with where to acquire testing kits

- Common slang (acid, tabs, blotter, trips, Lucy, microdots, etc)

I'm sure I'm missing plenty, so any advice on additional information/formatting would be greatly appreciated! I'll post the rough draft here as soon as it's done :)