• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD at the Zoo?

There's plenty of rare animals around that would be just as rare (or extinct) if humans weren't around.

EXACTLY...that is the NATURAL order of things, zoos are NOT natural. Displaying wild animals for money is a terrible thing. Let NATURE handle what goes extinct or not.

Sorry, there is no wiggle room...we shouldn't be interfering. One day humans will be extinct as well...and maybe we deserve it.

You can argue anything is natural, since we are part of nature & therefore anything we do is as natural as anything a chimp or salmon does.

But I don't see why it's so bad to save a species if they're on the edge of extinction, whether we caused that issue or not.

But I don't see why it's so bad to save a species if they're on the edge of extinction, whether we caused that issue or not.

Good point, within reason too. A polar bear in the Houston TX heat is silly and unacceptable.

I feel all animals should be free (singing Born Free as I type...:)). Perhaps a balance of things would be when some of the species that may be extinct are born and bread in an acceptable environment.

Let's face it, it's it's the crappy action of humans that are pissing us off. Animals do not do things for profit. Some people deserve to be behind cages on display for some acts they commit.

Dolphins and whales for example should not be in a water park. Their sonar in such a confined space can make them go crazy. But people invested in Seaworld could care less for anything but profit. So I'd just as easily place a person in a cage with a label that says "GREEDY HUMAN on display".

I took 2-C-T-7 at the safari in Six Flags and it was amazing. Be warned though, monkeys hanging from the roof of your vehicle, pressing their peeps against the window, will launch you into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. So glad I was the co-pilot that day :)

I think it can definitely be a good time, but as people discussed i think it depends on your perceptions of zoo's in the first place. For me, the zoo is a place from my childhood, where with awe and wonder I saw the animals that I had only read about. you can feel the power that a jaguar has when you see it up close. Not all zoo's are bad, the zoo in my city is actually really nice (my girlfriend is probably going to study zoology or animal behavior, haha so Ive been to the zoo alot in the past couple years we've been together). Alot of the habitats at my zoo allow the animals to go where they cannot be seen, sort of a "chill out room" or something so its not like their being exploited, plus my city's zoo is non-profit :)

If you like the zoo and have tripped in public before, I'd say go for it

Good point, within reason too. A polar bear in the Houston TX heat is silly and unacceptable.

Dolphins and whales for example should not be in a water park. Their sonar in such a confined space can make them go crazy. But people invested in Seaworld could care less for anything but profit. So I'd just as easily place a person in a cage with a label that says "GREEDY HUMAN on display".

*agreement*

Whales, dolphins, are incredibly intelligent. They have language...I feel so incredibly bad for the ones stuck in concrete tubs...no wonder they kill their captors...I don't blame them. The same goes for elephants, primates, etc.

Saving an almost extinct species is one thing, but saving them to a singular existence in a cage is a travesty. If you can't "save" them to their own natural environment, is it really "saving" them at all? I think not...

I will never go to a seaworld....ever. Or anywhere they have intelligent mammals trapped in boxes, cages, and prisons...

Whales, dolphins, are incredibly intelligent. They have language...

I'll go one even further having been interested in John C Lilly all my life. They are intelligent, teach their young their history, have depth of emotions, and have parts of their brain larger than a humans. Look in a dolphin or whales eyes. You'll see Soul.

Im gonna disagree with all of you! About two weeks ago me an some friends went to the zoo an ate some shrooms, an it was one of the most amazing experiences iv had. At first we were bummed cus the animals were caged (An the peguin cage had a dead penguin in it an it was the first thing we saw). But as we watched on we all got jelouse of how easy going the animals have it haha. I would highly suggest trippin at the zoo, me an my friends all had a wonderful time.

Tripping at the zoo is a good time if it's a good zoo. Some zoos are shitty, and some are really successful at keeping the animals healthy and active. If you figure out that the zoo is shitty by noon, go somewhere else.

Ive never tripped at a zoo but I've hotboxed in my friends van at the african lion safari. for people who dont know what it is its a bunch of animals that roam around the park. Like lions, Monkeys, Blackbears??, Zebras Ect..

and have parts of their brain larger than a humans

Size alone doesn't mean that much when it comes to intelligence.

Yes dolphins & orcas are smart, but no more than dogs & pigs.

Yes dolphins & orcas are smart, but no more than dogs & pigs.

I find any discussion of animal intelligence to be quite flawed, as our definition of intelligence tends to be how similarly they think to humans.

^ Always the keeping the balance around here. :) Thank you Roger.

Caged animals displayed for entertainment and profit is the last thing I would want to see while on LSD, personally.

Go to the botanical gardens.

Listen to these men, zoos are depressing on or off acid, not a pleasant environment for a trip in my opinion, especially as you'll probably run into smelly, fat people, and Japanese tourists who tend to treat the animals cruelly, at least in my experience. Botanical gardens are a fantastic place to trip. If you're not near a botanical garden, find a national or state forest nearby and go camping, preferably somewhere away from the trail as it's never fun to deal with church group leaders or scout leaders while you're between dimensions.

Hmm thanks. think im just gana go to a huge park somewhere with a few friends. Dont really want my first trip to be so public

Man I took 2.5G of shrooms and 300mg of DXM and smoked some MJ at the zoo when I went. Luckily my friends were there or I wouldve tried to get into the exhibits in order to start growing into a much more delicious mushroom. Trust me, It was soooo much fun... after about the first hour since i couldnt walk or talk for that time too well lol... The DXM mixed with weed made for the most intense visuals that i've ever had on shrooms. But I would recomend that to someone who knows that they can handle a confusingly incredibly tripped out day.

I fuckin love going to the zoo and taking the [piss and taunting all the different animals behind their cages. Specially the mandrills, lol, stupid fucking twats...