Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and dopamine agonist ie bromocriptine

LSDBOY

Greenlighter
Hey all.

I am currently taking bromocriptine short term 3.75mg spread in 3 doses morning afternoon and bed time (ie 1.25 each dose) for prolactin gyno. I am an experience LSD (50+ trips) user and want to drop tonight but bromo is an ergot alkaloid and I am concerned with interactions. Would it be safe to take a 50-75 ish ug dose or am I looking for a bad / dangerous time?

Any info would be nice.

Thanks

Did you know that LSD is actually a dopamine agonist? Most psychedelics elevate through prolactin through stimulation of serotonin receptors, but LSD has been shown to lower serum prolactin - or at least leave it unchanged (which would still indicate prolactin-lowering properties).

Anyway I've looked into this before and I can't find any evidence of any negative interactions between LSD and dopamine agonists such as bromo or caber.

Only thing I would suggest is maybe look into one of the newer non-ergoloid dopamine agonists, like pramipexole or ropinirole.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19170199
Although the morbidity is lower than with cabergoline or pergolide; bromocriptine has been linked to valvular heart disease.

I am especially interested in pramipexole as it has a cool side effect: it's a powerful growth hormone secretagogue.

@OP, I'm curious - do you find bromocriptine to be psychoactive on its own, at all?

LSD's affinity for dopamine receptors is negligible at that kind of dose level, ane even if it had notable affinity the cabergoline would outcompete it both because of the increased dose but also the lower selectivity of LSD for dopamine receptors.

I really dislike bromo and the way it makes me feel. More foggy headed, moody and borderline cold symptoms (red eyes, a bit congested) than any psychedelic feel. That is good news though with it being low risk. I shall drop tonight.

Thanks for the info.

In further reading it says not to combine ergot alk because of increased risk of hypertension and MI. HMMM I doubt that would be the case but is it worth finding out.

How interesting. I had never known LSD to be a dopamine agonist in any way. I'm sure I can find multiple sources if this holds to be true; although i'd appreciate a source that you might recommend.

I will note that I had recently combined 100ug (+/- 10ug) of LSD with a particular research chemical that has been speculated to be a dopamine agonist. Though, I'd receive this information with a grain of salt if I were you. It was, of course, a chemical in research - and a very new one at that.

I am referring to Ephenidine, by the way. It was also used in a moderately high dose and together with the LSD, it produced an amazing time. Very euphoric and quite intense, also.