Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD and alcohol

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hello BL,

I read that there shouldn’t generally be negative effects of combined consumption of LSD with alcohol(beer, or vodka). But does this combo make the LSD experience worse or cause any unwanted effects like nausea mid-trip? Thanks.

I never noticed any effects of alcohol when under the influence of lsd...but we are all different....was just too absorbed from the effects of lsd to notice the alcohol at times.

Hello BL,

I read that there shouldn’t generally be negative effects of combined consumption of LSD with alcohol(beer, or vodka). But does this combo make the LSD experience worse or cause any unwanted effects like nausea mid-trip? Thanks.

IME alcohol makes the LSD experience worse if you take 100-150ug or more.
Nausea and being stuck in thought loops and bad trips are more likely.

If you take 25 to 50ucg it can be ok for having a fun time without actually tripping.

Seems we all react differently. I don't particularly like alcohol (there is only a small sweet spot when I don't feel sleepy). However a couple of times which I was a bit anxious tripping on lysergamides I thought it would be a good idea to drink a couple of glasses of whisky to calm me down a little and it worked relatively well.

This was at the peak, btw. Also drank some whisky at the end of a DOM trip, and it was ok, not too much effect.

As long as you don't do something really stupid as getting drunk at the come-up I guess it will be ok.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend the alcohol+psych combo as I don't like alcohol but I don't think it gives nausea or anything (to me)

I always drank very large amounts of alcohol on LSD. I enjoyed it, takes the edge off. You don't feel the booze much in a similar fashion as stimulants.

LSD also has this magical ability to prevent or eliminate hangovers, no matter how much I drank.

However, I'm also an alcoholic who had tolerance. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it always worked for me. It also became a habit where I wouldn't want to trip without it.

I also never had hangovers when I drank on LSD. And back than I used to drink much more than I drunk without it, and to make it even more surprising I didn’t bother with drinking a lot of water like with booze alone. Might be another proof how LSD/psychedelic state is quite good for health in all kinds of still unexplained ways, right?