• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

I'm going to suppose that acetone + xylene will NOT provide clear layers for separation...

also, what is the reasoning behind this procedure?

Ok....... The goo was just a sickness test and was not intended to be potent enough to produce effects.
No sickness was felt.

The reasoning? To increase potency and decrease sickness.

The Acetone wash is to rip the crap out of the seed mush extracting all alkaloids into the liquid and disregarding the seed mush so you are left with a jar of Acetone + alkaloids (good and bad) in liquid form.

Xylene is a non poler solvent and is added to the Acetone to extract the non poler alkaloids (the bad ones) from the Acetone into the Xylene layer.

The Xylene layer now contains the non poler alkaloids and the Acetone layer contains the poler alkaloids.

The Xylene layer is then removed leaving only the Acetone and the poler alkaloids.

Pure Acetone evaporates very easily and so is evaporated leaving behind only the good alkaloids.

^Then how does that prove you wont get any sickness when you consume more?

Well..... If you were to experience any sickness what so ever from a low dose, you would know for sure the experiment was a failure.

Sickness = fail.
No sickness = possibility. :D

LSA extraction help

Ok so I need to know if this method is going to work:

I crushed/grinded 455 morning glory seeds.

It was then dumped into a water bottle full of about 16oz of cold water

Shook and then placed in a cool dark room.

(When done I will strain water and dispose of mush)

How long should I let it stay in the water?
I was thinking maybe 3 hours, shaking every 20-30 minutes?

Drink the coooolldd water, very cold, its alright.
The method will work.

p.s. make sure the seeds are powdered

Me and my friends have tried a bunch of different ways, only method that has consistently worked and worked well is just coffee grinding and eating them. Half hour stomach ache but might if your going to bother with LSA that's the way to go.

Let the concoction sit overnight. You could also add peppermint extract to your brew because in theory this could create LSH which is more potent/last longer. Thats debatable though

LSA extractions?

I haven't been on here in forever bu I was wondering if anyone has any experiences or helpful info about extracting LSAs from morning glory seeds.
I am pretty familiiar with acid base exractions but acid base extractions aren't right for some applications...like pseudoephedrine which gaks up extremely bad when made basic cuz the gak in teh pills forms an emulsion that's damn near impossible to filter. it seems an acid base extraction would work but if LSAs are fragile molecules like LSD is extreme ph might destroy it plus a very large quantity would probably be needed in order for a visually significant amount to be precipitated out so I decided to do the nonpolar/polar extraction (bad stuf is nonpolar soluble, good stuff polar soluble).

anyway heres the deal..... i tried it about a week ago but was impatient and only let the solvents work for a few minutes but i think the main problem was each packet only had 40 seeds and i thought they had alot more...my dumbass should have counted them i guess i was a bit drunk cuz i ended up drinking some of the everclear in juice!

I saved the leftover seed material in a bottle and added 30-50ml of the everclear to cover the seeds and all that (plus a HBWR seed i found on the floor when I was down there shard surfing. Today 2 days later i went and got 7 packets (~280 seeds) and ground them to a powder but not too fine to be hard to filter. I put the powder into a bottle plus ~50ml of naphtha and shook the hell out of it for 5 min then waited 1 hr agitating throughout. Then I filtered, and allowed the seed powder to dry. I poured the now dry seed powder into the bottle with the everclear and shook the hell out of it and continue to agitate it every now and then. The alcohol looked murky kinda like muddy water from tiny suspended particles but when those settled it now looks to be a light yellowish liquid which appears to be fluorescent under blacklight.

I might do it tomorrow if feasible..i was wondering if anyone has ever done an MG extraction like this and what the effects were like.

Is this enough seeds? I'm too lazy to do what's necessary to get the absolute highest yields and cleanest product since something could go wrong anyway so I know I will lose some (possibly alot) of the active ingredients in the process. I'm planning on just filtering and drinking the alcohol...should I eat the seed shit too even though it might cause more nausea?

Last edited:
ok I added 80 more seeds which means so far there's ~360 MG seeds + 1 HBWR seed + about 160 seeds that i had already extracted from.

I may not be able to take it tomorrow but an extra day sittin there can't hurt. when I take it i'll let everyone know what the effects are if any.

DO NOT CONSUME YOUR EXTRACT

if i am reading your procedure correctly, you did the following:
1. grind seeds and add everclear (95% EtOH) to cover
2. add naptha (aliphatic pertroleum distillates)
3. agitate
4. extract "just the everclear layer"

forgive me, but if you combine alcohol and naptha, you WILL end up with LOTS of naptha IN YOUR EVERCLEAR!

extraction of morning glory seeds should NOT involve naptha.

edit: it's difficult to decipher your exact process since you keep changing the amount of seeds. and longer time extracting does not equal higher potency. oxygen in the liquid (from the air) will degrade the LSAs while they sit there. hence eating chewed seeds is the most efficient way.

no, i guess i didn't explain very well I didn't want my post to be 8 pages like i was skitzing balls either so i might have left out something by mistake. Shit like this is hard for me to explain sometimes without writing too much... and writing way too much makes it hard to understand also. I didn't add all the seeds at once, i did it in steps I can see where it would be hard to understand.

I reread my post and can see that it does seem to imply that I had added naptha to the everclear...it's just badly written basically.

I did not add naphtha to the everclear. Even though ethanol is polar it's my understanding that its miscible with organic solvents like naphtha and wouldn't seperate into layers that could be seperated.
I simplywashed the seed material with naphtha, then filtered out and saved the seed crap that I then dried completely. Once this stuff was dry of the naptha, I then put this seed matter in the bottle with 190 proof everclear. The naphtha that i used i saved in another seperate bottle as I may reuse it for something else.

So basically I did this...
1. Grind seeds into powder
2. Place seed powder into bottle and washed with naptha
3. Filtered out seed junk
4. Let seed junk dry allowing any naptha to evaporate.
5. Placed completely dry seed material into a clean bottle and covered with everclear to extract LSAs

Last edited:
ok then.

my concern now is that so much handling of the seed matter would drastically reduce yield of active LSAs due to oxidation. they say you're supposed to drink a cold water extract after only 24 hours of soaking, and i don't believe everclear provides any protection from oxygen.

i read one tek say to let it sit for like 3 days in order to get everything from the seeds. I dunno though, i guess i'll have to drink it to find out...

i'm not sure i should drink it now since my uncle is gonna come into town and will be here at 2am. I'm sure i can probably play it off but he hasn't seen me in a couple years and he was a cop a long time ago so i don't know...it might be weird

Fuck that, never trip when their is some sort of restrictive time frame you must fit in, and especially don't put yourself in a situation where you essentially volunteering your future tripping self to interact with individuals who may not appreciate what you are doing, or when you plainly are hesitant about seeing this individual.

If the situation isn't ideal, wait. Tripping shouldn't be taken lightly, not even necessarily to avoid potential negative experiences or what not, but because it is a powerful and immersive experience which you should want to get the most out of (not to say harm reduction shouldn't be on the top of your list). Set and Setting, put yourself in the ideal spot where you know you feel comfortable and wont have to deal with unwanted stimuli.

Happy trails

i decided i'm going to wait until he gets here then once i've visited with him a bit and he goes to sleep i'll trip. I don't wanna appear rude by not talking to him very much because i'm fucked up. i just ate a lot also and i need to wait a little anyway so the food doesn't make it not work or something. i'm sure he'll probably go to bed almost as soon as he gets here because he's gonna be tired cuz its late and the long drive.

well i filtered the everclear and drank it about 7:20 yesterday morning. It tasted a little foul, sort of like taking a shot of gasoline with an earthy taste also present. I diluted it 50% with juice but it still tasted like fire sort of. I started to feel different pretty quick. After 20 minutes I could tell that it was a real feeling and that it was working.

it definitely worked, and I never puked. If I had simply chewed the seeds I would have puked for sure. the trip was mild, interesting mental state, and mild visual effects that made playing with this light toy pretty entertaining. I also drew with highlighters with a blacklight on which is cool because what you draw glows the color of the highlighter. I went to sleep to take a nap at about 11:30 before I had to do something when i woke up there were still aftereffects and as I was walking down the street I looked in the window of a building and looked at the neon sign up close and noticed it looked cool...like I could see the current of red energy flowing through the inside of the tubes. I went to a restaurant then went home and went to sleep about six. Woke up again about 1am and at this time there is still a very mild afterglow. In some ways it reminded me of when I used to do acid but was a tease to acid and made me feel like I wanted to go do some acid now because I remembered how fun it was.

I think I would like to try a higher dose of seeds, maybe about twice as many. Overall the trip was very mild by my standards and I would like to see what the seeds are capable and if I could obtain more intense effects from a higher dose without bad side effects. There was almost no nausea with the extraction and I think I could do twice this dose without puking, and if I did it would just be a quick puke :)

hi,

i want to try LSA somtime this spring, i have experiences with other psychedelics (including 2c-e, which always had quite some bodyload and nausea on me, but always manageable). in fact i did once take a pill containing LSA extract and smoked weed with it with a friend and we had a great time (strolling around in the evening, hanging out in the park, getting some nice food and eat outside).

a local headshop sells woodrose seeds, and i just want to give it a try, because there really are some reports out there that make it appealing for me.

what i wanted to do, is making a water extract out of the seeds, because the toxics should not be water soluble. Some user here in this thread wrote, that adding tartat (wine acid) to the water will highly increase the solublility of the LSAs (especially the ones creating a more psychedelic state of mind). can anybody else confirm this? if yes, i might go with this method.

another question: somebody else said that chlorine in tap water can destroy the active compound giving you less to no potency, so you should use destilled water.
but: i am living in a city with one of the best water qualites world wide. the water we get out of the pipes comes directly from mountain wells (correct expression? english isn't my maternell language^^). Can this make any difference? Unfortunately i didn't find some concrete information about chlorine levels in our water but i will proceed looking for some data.

edit: ok, just read an article that states that chlorine is added to the water artificially. that sucks^^
edit2: apparently the levels for chorine shlould be just a few hundredth mg on a liter. is this already enough to destroy the LSAs?

Last edited:
hi,

i want to try LSA somtime this spring, i have experiences with other psychedelics (including 2c-e, which always had quite some bodyload and nausea on me, but always manageable). in fact i did once take a pill containing LSA extract and smoked weed with it with a friend and we had a great time (strolling around in the evening, hanging out in the park, getting some nice food and eat outside).

a local headshop sells woodrose seeds, and i just want to give it a try, because there really are some reports out there that make it appealing for me.

what i wanted to do, is making a water extract out of the seeds, because the toxics should not be water soluble. Some user here in this thread wrote, that adding tartat (wine acid) to the water will highly increase the solublility of the LSAs (especially the ones creating a more psychedelic state of mind). can anybody else confirm this? if yes, i might go with this method.

another question: somebody else said that chlorine in tap water can destroy the active compound giving you less to no potency, so you should use destilled water.
but: i am living in a city with one of the best water qualites world wide. the water we get out of the pipes comes directly from mountain wells (correct expression? english isn't my maternell language^^). Can this make any difference? Unfortunately i didn't find some concrete information about chlorine levels in our water but i will proceed looking for some data.

edit: ok, just read an article that states that chlorine is added to the water artificially. that sucks^^
edit2: apparently the levels for chorine shlould be just a few hundredth mg on a liter. is this already enough to destroy the LSAs?

Don't even take your chances with public water. Even a very small amount of chlorine could do a lot of damage to your LSA.

Just buy a bottle of distilled water, will cost no less than a a buck or two.

Thinking about doing an A/B extraction, but I presume that the amide will hydrolise in basic conditions. Anyone got any experience with this? Maybe ammonia could work?