View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSA and SSRI's

rjc1390

Greenlighter
hi, i'm wondering if there would be any negative effects from taking hawaiian baby woodrose seeds with an SSRI (fluvoxamine). I have heard that ssri's reduce the effects of psychedelics but was wondering if any of you have first hand experience in these combinations. I tried searching for it but really didn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

Typically, yes, psychedelic effects will be diminished while experiencing effects of any SSRI -- as always your mileage may vary* -- and any negative effects ordinarily attributed to LSA will still be present. I don't have any first-hand experience to offer, though, since I've never mixed an SSRI with a psychedelic.

*I have read many a trip report where although a lot of the psychedelic aspects are reduced while on an SSRI, the overall mood of the trip is often especially "up," and positive, with significant euphoria (where applicable).

Yeah I don't know why anyone would consider doing psychedelics on SSRIs to be "SSRI abuse".

I don't think combining them with a psychedelic is really abusing them.

I took LSA on Prozac many years back and I tripped and was fine.

Awesome! did you notice any reduction in effects or visuals,etc. or was it all the same?

Awesome! did you notice any reduction in effects or visuals,etc. or was it all the same?

Well this was like 15 years ago and actually I fell asleep before the seeds took effect and woke up and tripped hard for just like an hour before falling back to sleep.

I have nothing else to compare it to other than LSD and Shroom trips but it looked like my bathroom wall was splitting apart at one point and like my bathroom door and bathroom floor were breathing so...yeah, they seemed to work lol.

But I think the Prozac has significantly decreased the visuals of my shroom trips so if I ever get the chance again I will eat a larger dose.

Well this was like 15 years ago and actually I fell asleep before the seeds took effect and woke up and tripped hard for just like an hour before falling back to sleep.

I have nothing else to compare it to other than LSD and Shroom trips but it looked like my bathroom wall was splitting apart at one point and like my bathroom door and bathroom floor were breathing so...yeah, they seemed to work lol.

But I think the Prozac has significantly decreased the visuals of my shroom trips so if I ever get the chance again I will eat a larger dose.

lol, nice... how many seeds did you take? i tried 8 seeds about 7 years ago when i wasn't on ssri's and puked like crazy within 15 minutes of ingesting them . I'm thinking about doing a cold water extraction this time.

lol, nice... how many seeds did you take? i tried 8 seeds about 7 years ago when i wasn't on ssri's and puked like crazy within 15 minutes of ingesting them . I'm thinking about doing a cold water extraction this time.

I don't know honestly.

It was a pretty good sized bag of Morning Glory Seeds and 8 BHWR.

it was a BAD idea.

I got really sick and thew up a lot and then had blurry vision for 3 days.

To this day I'm really not sure what caused the blurred vision since I used to think it was Cyanide on the seeds but people here said they thought it wasn't so maybe it was Ergot or something.

Do you know a simple way to remove poison and shells from the seeds?

I'd like to try some BHWR again if I could only be sure I wouldn't get sick again but it was such a bad experience I doubt I ever will unless I could be REALLY sure I wouldn't get sick...

If I take my 20mg citalopram at the same time as I take my 2C-E, I don't notice any qualitative difference in the experience.

Taking SSRIs with classic 5HT agonist psychedelics is not dangerous. Steer clear of weird shit like AMT though.

you need to be take them everyday for a ssri to weaken the effects of lsa , just taking one with some lsa wont have any effect on the trip